Topic poll

“Which game would you choose?”

• MBR(ce) 59 votes
    63%
  • Congo 35 votes
    37%

(94 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

68476CAD-3689-4B5F-A209-68CCD4DC2865 (resized).jpeg
5c0738ec-bfa7-4bbd-a1da-b298e56b1e5e (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

MM was one of my first. It lasted about a year and sold it to,buy a congo and creech. Five years later and congo is still here and I have NEVER missed MM, that is for sure. If you ever get a hankering to play one then pretty easy to get your fix for a ten spot on route or at pretty much every collectors house that has at least ten games.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

worst part is that pf underneath that feels like such a waste

I always hear people say this but I dont understand the thought...

The monkey is essentially an upside down seesaw flipper mech that you use to hit 5 targets and on my game at least it is not a give me. (pretty sure you can reduce the time a little if it is too easy and that makes it way more fun/frantic/challenging).

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

the rules are good but usually not too deep.

I find Congo to have lots of breadth and have many things I am yet to see.
Cool thing about congo code is that it really is a choose your own adventure.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is it? It apparently used to be considered a joke but has been well regarded by many on Pinside for years now, and fetches $4k.
Seems like it’s pretty rated.

still vastly under rated. Best WPC-95 game out there and if MB and MM and AFM sell for 7500 then Congo is still a steal at 4k plus.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

How can you have had a Congo for very long and not seen all of the code. On a really good game you can see everything very easily.

I guess mine is set up right, or I just suck at pinball.

Granted I have lots of top 200 buddies and none of them has made it through everything on the game either and certainly never on a single game.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So your Congo is just so crazy hard that yourself and 200 other good players can't get it rolling huh? Both it and MB are on about the same depth level and good players can often see all that either has to offer in one game. Acting like this is not true is silly. I'm not that great of a player and I've seen everything in Congo on 4 different games (actual different games, not I beat Congo 4 times on the same game). Same goes for MB. Both are really fun good games. neither are overly hard or deep.

You must be really good?

I honestly have not even come close to completing everything the game has to offer.

I have been to the 100 diamond multiball a few times now, but not made the end of the map, more than 3rd grey level, beyond 2nd video mode, ever seen skillshot rapid fire thing (1 buddy did that once) and still never completed the full amy.

I am seriously amazed that you have done all modes, multis, and special modes in a single 3 ball game! That is insane to me!

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

there aren't *THAT* many about

Yeah with only 2k ish made and supposedly lots parted back in the day, it is definately the more rare of all the WPC-95 games.

People say that they are not going up anymore but if you go look at actual sales, it is definitely still going up.
2017 you could find them for 3800
2018 and they are 4500+ with many selling for more than 5

I am not price pumping as I am never selling. Just pointing out the hard reality.

I honestly believe it will approach AFM prices in the next year. It is just that good of a game and that rare to find since more and more have settled into permanent collections.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

How is Congo overrated when it quadrupled in price and sells for $4k-$5k now?

please show me ANY congo that was selling for 1k. lol...

go back to shilling your crappy PONG game you are much better at that.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Why would we want to pump up the price on Congo? All the owners that have chimed in, including myself have stated that they will not sell anyway.

He just keeps projecting. He has done it for years and what he always does since he is a hustler in sales.
He has a sweet Pong game to sell you from China also

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Lo fucking L. The reason Congo’s don’t move as much any more is that owners now want the $4k they paid, and no one will buy them for that. May they rot, unplayed, in large collections while people keep telling themselves it’s the next AFM.
Priceless.

It really is priceless when people spew shit and dont take 2 minutes to fact check a few sales...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/

hit up archived sales from the past year...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside