Topic poll

“Which game would you choose?”

• MBR(ce) 59 votes
    63%
  • Congo 35 votes
    37%

(94 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

68476CAD-3689-4B5F-A209-68CCD4DC2865 (resized).jpeg
5c0738ec-bfa7-4bbd-a1da-b298e56b1e5e (resized).jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The two titles are hard to compare in my opinion. I play in the APPL (Az Pinball Players League) and I get to see what all the wizards keep in their collections in and around Phoenix Arizona. Both of these titles are banes in the wizard world. Of the 20 to 30 collections I have played on, MB and Congo are NOT titles that hang around in wizards collections. Both are fun, both have their strengths, and most will put Congo above MB on which is more challenging, but almost all agree, these are not keepers in most wizards lineups and are usually transient. Everyone loves to play MB, especially getting to the final MoR Bash em up, and when you have guests it is always fun to show off by getting to that mode, which is not that hard. Getting a high score, all the instruments, etc... is where wizards have to challenge themselves. RTU is harder to get, and why I like AFM more and why it is in most wizards collections instead of MB. Congo is a sleeper title, and some players love it when they see it in tournament play, but almost all roll their eyes when MB is in the lineup, usually due to the massively long game times it brings to a competition. You should ask yourself which do you prefer more, a challenging, fun game or an impressive piece of playable art? Because MBrLE is just that... a gorgeous feast for the eyes, ears, and flipper fingers.

Lots of these types in your league?

5c0738ec-bfa7-4bbd-a1da-b298e56b1e5e (resized).jpg

#52 1 year ago

What else is on the wizards approval list so I may adjust my collection?

#53 1 year ago

Hey, these are some of the best players in the state... I’m just telling you what they keep in their collections. Flame away boys, homey don’t play that game.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hey, these are some of the best players in the state... I’m just telling you what they keep in their collections. Flame away boys, homey don’t play that game.

OMG

#55 1 year ago
68476CAD-3689-4B5F-A209-68CCD4DC2865 (resized).jpeg
#56 1 year ago

Congo is the most over rated under rated game in history.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah with only 2k ish made and supposedly lots parted back in the day, it is definately the more rare of all the WPC-95 games.
People say that they are not going up anymore but if you go look at actual sales, it is definitely still going up.
2017 you could find them for 3800
2018 and they are 4500+ with many selling for more than 5
I am not price pumping as I am never selling. Just pointing out the hard reality.
I honestly believe it will approach AFM prices in the next year. It is just that good of a game and that rare to find since more and more have settled into permanent collections.

Lo fucking L. The reason Congo’s don’t move as much any more is that owners now want the $4k they paid, and no one will buy them for that. May they rot, unplayed, in large collections while people keep telling themselves it’s the next AFM.

Priceless.

#58 1 year ago

Congo is on my "someday" list to add, as I've always had fun playing it....actually purchased a CFTBL for my monster fix.....enjoy it way more than MB, but that's just me...my vote goes Congo....

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congo is on my "someday" list to add, as I've always had fun playing it....actually purchased a CFTBL for my monster fix.....enjoy it way more than MB, but that's just me...my vote goes Congo....

I enjoyed creature more than mb also....

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Lo fucking L. The reason Congo’s don’t move as much any more is that owners now want the $4k they paid, and no one will buy them for that. May they rot, unplayed, in large collections while people keep telling themselves it’s the next AFM.
Priceless.

I know of many congo's selling for 4k + including my old one that i miss alot.

#61 1 year ago

Congo was my first DMD. I picked mine up in 2002 for about $1600 (probably overpaid, at the time). I’ve come close to selling it a few times over the years. But it’s back to being my favorite game lately. I love the layout, theme and music. I’d sell something else to fund MB if I was going to buy it.

#62 1 year ago

I played this game tonight on my virtual pin and it def has fun shots and the lower is still bad but not as bad as I thought. Still trying to get over that theme and main music but def better than I remembered. 4k virtual with force feedback so sweet....

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Priceless.

It really is priceless when people spew shit and dont take 2 minutes to fact check a few sales...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/

hit up archived sales from the past year...

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which AFM prices to we can have the particulars of the bet we're aboot to make stated.

Hey whysnow, you may have missed this but set your price level so we can all check back next October.

#65 1 year ago

Some of you have stated that comparing to two games isn't fair. For me though it makes sense regardless of price point. What ever I'd get for my Congo would go towards Monster Bash. Going to hang on to Congo for now and wait till MBR makes it way here on location. I'll put some time on it and try and decide from there.

#66 1 year ago

well I'm officially in on the MBr LE and I'm currently looking for a congo so I will get back to you ; )

Literally b/c of this thread and the relatively positive feedback on congo means I need to give it a chance with home use. I never owned one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside