View topic image gallery

85B55F9C-78AB-4EEE-A840-2FA9A1F59E2A (resized).png
Screenshot_20181101-180203 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181031-224843 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20181031-222858 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181031-221737 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181031-181332 (resized).png
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

How much are they asking for a standard MBr (Classic)? Can't seem to find the price anywhere!

#3 5 years ago

Plus $300 for shipping or whatever your local tax if picked up.

Plus $400 for the color dmd software.

So $6700.

I think top of line is $8000 plus shipping?

#4 5 years ago

So what you're saying is, if I had $6000 burning a hole in my pocket, I could either buy a remake of one of the greatest games ever made or...

TNA?

Yikes.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

6000 burning a hole in my pocket, I could either buy a remake of one of the greatest games ever made or...

I didnt know they were re making congo.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I didnt know they were re making congo.

You’re now dead to me Mitch.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So what you're saying is, if I had $6000 burning a hole in my pocket, I could either buy a remake of one of the greatest games ever made or ... TNA?

Yikes.

MBr at $6K is undeniably a great bargain when you consider what MB's were previously selling for. Obviously, it's personal preference whether or not you find it to be a better value than TNA, but either way, the remakes are clearly putting some pressure on the other manufacturers.

#8 5 years ago

Lol, 6k, please stop talking ****. U guys seem to know more then the official site/flyer, or even Google.
Here in the belgium shop, the standard edition, costs 7300€, delivered.

#9 5 years ago

Unfortunately there is a markup by distributors overseas. Here is the USA the base game is 6K USA$

Quoted from Gunske:

Lol, 6k, please stop talking ****. U guys seem to know more then the official site/flyer, or even Google.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

https://cointaker.com/products/monster-bash-ce-remake

Priced at 5999.00 these remakes are going to sell very well as it seems the was the fair price that folks said they would spend for the game. For a few bucks more the LE's seem like a great deal with all the extras you get, the SE isn't too bad as well but boy that topper is nice on the LE.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Priced at 5999.00 these remakes are going to sell very well as it seems the was the fair price that folks said they would spend for the game. For a few bucks more the LE's seem like a great deal with all the extras you get.

Absolutely a killer deal, even at $6700 shipped with color upgrade. So great that it's gonna be able to be enjoyed by the masses now. Tempted by the AFM at that price point as well... LE looks amazing, especially the color changing GI.

That said, I'm enjoying the hell out of your restored original (traded with your buyer) and have tweaked it to perfection. Slapped a pinsound loaded with spooky surf rock and some flipper fidelity speakers into it... I guess that's the one thing originals have going for them

#13 5 years ago

Go to eBay for the $100 eBay bucks offer

It’s then $6199

Use the BoA rewards card that pays 2.625%

Now it’s $6,034

If adding color display upgrade it’s $6,422

AFMr CE is now the same price. That’s thrown a total wrench my in plans as I intended on adding Munsters next if it’s done well but I don’t think I can pass up a $6,034 AFMr

As of yet the eBay distros have not updated the AFMr CE prices to match MBr however but several have updated their direct sales website.

To be honest with you, at the $6K net price after incentives, it’s tempting to buy MBr CE + AFMr CE at the same time. But then you know OCD requires you add an MMr CE but the price on those makes em hard to buy IMO

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So what you're saying is, if I had $6000 burning a hole in my pocket, I could either buy a remake of one of the greatest games ever made or...

TNA?

Yikes.

I look at it more as a choice of a remake of a game I played hundreds of times in the 90s and really don't care if I ever play it again and nothing really new...

or....

1 of 500 of a fully state of the art awesome game of the 21st century.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I look at it more as a choice of a remake of a game I played hundreds of times in the 90s and really don't care if I ever play it again and nothing really new...
or....
1 of 500 of a fully state of the art awesome game of the 21st century.

So if I take a dump in 500 buckets and slap a $6000 price tag on it and justify it by saying "It's one of 500!", that would make it okay? Give me a break.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So if I take a dump in 500 buckets and slap a $6000 price tag on it and justify it by saying "It's one of 500!", that would make it okay? Give me a break.

If you prefer buckets of shit over new, original, and awesome, that is pretty much your choice.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you prefer buckets of shit over new, original, and awesome, that is pretty much your choice.

Screenshot_20181031-181332 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181031-181332 (resized).png
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Use the BoA rewards card that pays 2.625%
Now it’s $6,034

What card is this? Interested in learning more about it

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Me too. 2.65% is unheard of

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Me too. 2.65% is unheard of

Quoted from ypurchn:

Shit, they pay ya $500 to open it too

So read this...

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/premium-rewards-credit-card/

Then read this & slide the bar to "Platinum Honors" to see your discounts & booster multipliers.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/#benefits

If you dont want to spend 30 min figuring it out, and I'm not saying that to be a prick because it is complex, here's a screenshot of what a MBr CE purchase would pay you when using this card with Platinum Honors boosters/multipliers

So sign up for eBay bucks & alerts to save $100 then get this card paired up with swole rate booster.

Screenshot_20181031-221737 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181031-221737 (resized).png

#21 5 years ago

EBay email example

You have to sign up & opt in for alerts/emails.

Theses drop often. It's not a code, it's a tag on your account.

Screenshot_20181031-222858 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181031-222858 (resized).png
#22 5 years ago

The problem with eBay bucks is that you only have a limiting time to use them before they expire.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The problem with eBay bucks is that you only have a limiting time to use them before they expire.

Use them. We expire too.

Spend the bucks ASAP on a visa card. Launder money like a pro, its easy.

Just realized the MBr would be $5,629 delivered after the $500 sign on bonus less $95 fee

Then get AFMr for the $6,034

That's an average of $5,831 per game!

Cmon guys, make it rain

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

TNA?
Yikes.

2 completely different games, some will prefer TNA others will prefer MBr nothing wrong with that . The choice seems pretty clear for you , go get yourself a MBr it’s a great game . No need to trash talk any other game to prop up another , MBr can stand on it’s own .

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Use them. We expire too.
Spend the bucks ASAP on a visa card. Launder money like a pro, its easy.
Just realized the MBr would be $5,629 delivered after the $500 sign on bonus less $95 fee
Then get AFMr for the $6,034
That's an average of $5,831 per game!
Cmon guys, make it rain

Where is the $500 bonus? I'm not seeing it.

N/M if I'm reading this right to get the gold etc you have to carry 20k-100k balance for 3 months. That kills any 'bonus' or cashback unless you are constantly buying shit you don't need

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Where is the $500 bonus? I'm not seeing it.

Right at the top. Front & center.

Screenshot_20181031-224843 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181031-224843 (resized).png
#27 5 years ago

Now errbody knows how to get a NIB MBr CE delivered for $5,629

You're welcome

Sure beats the 1973 way of doing business where you cold call & wire money lol

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Right at the top. Front & center.
[quoted image]

That actually is nowhere on my screen...but I'm on a PC browser.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That actually is nowhere on my screen...but I'm on a PC browser.

PC browser?

Dang grandpa!

Ha, just kidding bro. Your timing is funny, long story.

#30 5 years ago

OP

Can you edit this topic to “Bank Of America” lol

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

N/M if I'm reading this right to get the gold etc you have to carry 20k-100k balance for 3 months. That kills any 'bonus' or cashback unless you are constantly buying shit you don't need [quoted image]

Dude

No

It’s not carry a credit card balance of $100K for 3 months

It’s have a positive net worth of $100K for 3 months

It takes your checking, savings & brokerage account into consideration. That last one is key since $100K cash has an opportunity cost most want to avoid. I’d imagine most pinball owners have a few taxable brokerage accounts since 401K’s have capped annual contributions.

BoA gives juice to their CC rewards, HELOC’s, auto loans, mortgage origination fees, savings yields & reduced trade fees. This card is sweet if you’re Platinum or Honors tier

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude
No
It’s not carry a credit card balance of $100K for 3 months
It’s have a positive net worth of $100K for 3 months
It takes your checking, savings & brokerage account into consideration. That last one is key since $100K cash has an opportunity cost most want to avoid. I’d imagine most pinball owners have a few taxable brokerage accounts since 401K’s have capped annual contributions.

Ahh, interesting. I did not read it that way at all. I'm not really up to speed on the nuances of CC's. I try not to use them, but I have been vaguely looking for a cashback card since most my shopping is online these days. My credit is excellent, so that's not the issue...just hate dealing with banks and their ever changing terms.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ahh, interesting. I did not read it that way at all. I'm not really up to speed on the nuances of CC's. I try not to use them, but I have been vaguely looking for a cashback card since most my shopping is online these days.

CC’s are a way to protect yourself first & foremost

No one but my mortgage company & CC company, who IS my bank, have access to my bank. Protect yo nuts! Keeps your bank history clean too with more deposits than withdraws each month.

I pay my utilities, services, expenses & 100% of purchases on my CC

2.625% on every dollar you spend less mortgage is baller shit IMO

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No one but my mortgage company & CC company, who IS my bank, have access to my bank. Protect yo nuts! Keeps your bank history clean too with more deposits than withdraws each month.

Yep. Agree there.

This is the one I was looking at. I'll have to take another look at that one as well.

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-double-cash-credit-card

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yep. Agree there.
This is the one I was looking at. I'll have to take another look at that one as well.
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-double-cash-credit-card

check out the Alliant card 3% for first year (no fee) 2.5% the next year with $59 fee. Pays for itself after spending $11,800 vs using Citi double cash @ 2%

https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank/visa-signature-card

I just found this today when looking to the BOA card mentioned above.

Quoted from PW79:

Shit, they pay ya $500 to open it too
So read this...
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/premium-rewards-credit-card/
Then read this & slide the bar to "Platinum Honors" to see your discounts & booster multipliers.
https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/#benefits
If you dont want to spend 30 min figuring it out, and I'm not saying that to be a prick because it is complex, here's a screenshot of what a MBr CE purchase would pay you when using this card with Platinum Honors boosters/multipliers
So sign up for eBay bucks & alerts to save $100 then get this card paired up with swole rate booster.
[quoted image]

thanks this is an interesting approach. $500 cash back is a sweet reward. I may use that for Christmas stuff and by something for myself.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Looks good on paper ... have you started the process yet and which pin will you use it on? Often when things appear too good, there’s a gotcha. Wonder if you will get charged tax for ordering online? Until someone successfully runs the gauntlet, I wait ....

I am happy with my AXE and Visa card. Last year I locked access to my history at 3 credit agencies. Depending on someones success and a good recommendation, I’ll follow suit. It will be worth it to lock/unlock one cycle.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks good on paper ... have you started the process yet and which pin will you use it on? Often when things appear too good, there’s a gotcha. Wonder if you will get charged tax for ordering online? Until someone successfully runs the gauntlet, I wait ....

The tax is a major question depending on where you buy it. I've been looking for dealers in states/counties without sales tax. I suppose you could ask them. Technically everyone is supposed to be charging sales tax if they have it in their state, and it bumps the price up quite a bit on these things when they are 7-12%

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The tax is a major question depending on where you buy it. I've been looking for dealers in states/counties without sales tax. I suppose you could ask them. Technically everyone is supposed to be charging sales tax if they have it in their state, and it bumps the price up quite a bit on these things when they are 7-12%

To use the google coupon, don’t you have to purchase online rather than just phoning a dealer?

#39 5 years ago

To use the google coupon, don’t you have to purchase online rather than just phoning a dealer?

Yea, I'm just speaking in general in terms of getting the best price possible.

#40 5 years ago

Looks good on paper ... have you started the process yet and which pin will you use it on?

I've had it apx 6 months

They put a grand into my checking account last week

Prior to this one I used an Amazon Chase for YEARS and captured thousands upon thousands of dollars in rewards. I still use it but only on Amazon purchases (5% rewards). Cashed out $200+ in rewards last week on that card actually.

Damn, that's $1,200 in rewards last week lol

I am going to wait for the Munsters reveal then either get it or AFMr CE or Iron Maiden.

Honestly the rewards I earn are not earmarked for anything. I just realize that large purchases are 2.625% lower than the charge. And in this case ebay offers $100 spiffs.

Do you guys not shop online? Weird, it's pretty common. Tax is not charged by sellers unless the seller has a location in your state.

Screenshot_20181101-180203 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181101-180203 (resized).jpg

#41 5 years ago

My comment about paying taxes is in regards to new Supreme Court ruling allowing states to collect tax on internet purchases. CA has already begun pursuing it and GA will start in Jan. Coming to your state soon - it’s real and it sux.
85B55F9C-78AB-4EEE-A840-2FA9A1F59E2A (resized).png85B55F9C-78AB-4EEE-A840-2FA9A1F59E2A (resized).png

1 week later
#42 5 years ago

I'm on the fence of buying a MBrLE. I live in Michigan.

Took the first step, local distributor is Gameroom Guys.

Price is $8299 for the LE. Doesn't say if that is tax included, but each model seems to me marked up by $299, so I think it's not.

I don't want to pay that markup crap so here I am asking if anybody in this thread is from Michigan and where did you buy your game and how much did you pay?

#43 5 years ago

Did it include 'free' shipping? I've been seeing a lot of distros marking up the price and then saying 'free shipping' which is false advertising if you ask me.

There was a distro selling on ebay for retail price and $199 shipping.

#44 5 years ago

Yes I believe most priced at $8300 is the total with shipping.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yes I believe most priced at $8300 is the total with shipping.

Yes it does seem odd but distros add in the shipping price $199 or $299 to the MSRP and call it the price with free shipping. Just be aware that is the case with some distros. Agree that it's misleading and be careful on a pickup not to pay more than $5999, $7299 or $7999, CE, SE or LE.

#46 5 years ago

Yes, "free shipping".

This distributor is 15 minutes away from my office. I could pick it up.

This rather sucks.

#47 5 years ago

I gave 'em a call. No way to remove the free shipping by picking it up.
Tax not included, so roughly $8.8k.

Man I wish CGC had gotten their $hit together and released this before just about every state started collecting online sales tax.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Man I wish CGC had gotten their $hit together and released this before just about every state started collecting online sales tax.

8.8? Did you try Trent or even Cointaker? That sounds high

Just a heads up game room guys almost always is the highest priced.... well on everything. They do post on eBay so it is good when eBay offers discounts but to straight up but from them...?

#49 5 years ago

Gonna shop around I guess...

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Dude

You are in MI

GRG is in MI

If you want to avoid sales tax then buy from a distro not in MI. But you have to ship it to avoid tax.

If youre in a state already taxing out of state online purchases then you might as well buy from a local distro.

FYI the $100 ebay promo is on again FYI

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-price?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.