View topic image gallery

85B55F9C-78AB-4EEE-A840-2FA9A1F59E2A (resized).png
Screenshot_20181101-180203 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181031-224843 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20181031-222858 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181031-221737 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181031-181332 (resized).png
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

As far as I’m concerned, only ops on thin margins need tax relief. Us HUO jockeys can’t realy bitch about paying taxes on a $8000 toy. Especialy when we have that much disposable income to throw at a toy in the first place. I don’t begrudge anyone trying to avoid the taxman, but if you have been fortunate, why not just pay it and not worry about looking over your shoulder for him all year?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

FYI the $100 ebay promo is on again FYI

I still can't find this. Is it only on the Ebay app on a phone/tablet? When I go to ebay on my PC I don't see it. And I have signed up for ebay bucks and I do have the preference set to get emails about deals/coupons...

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

As far as I’m concerned, only ops on thin margins need tax relief. Us HUO jockeys can’t realy bitch about paying taxes on a $8000 toy. Especialy when we have that much disposable income to throw at a toy in the first place. I don’t begrudge anyone trying to avoid the taxman, but if you have been fortunate, why not just pay it and not worry about looking over your shoulder for him all year?

Because we've already paid income tax on those funds? Gotta draw the line somewhere.

#54 5 years ago

@outlanes, Fair point.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I still can't find this. Is it only on the Ebay app on a phone/tablet? When I go to ebay on my PC I don't see it. And I have signed up for ebay bucks and I do have the preference set to get emails about deals/coupons...

I don't see it either...

#56 5 years ago

You have to sign up for eBay bucks & opt in for the emails

It’s not a code but an invite, sort of.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Because we've already paid income tax on those funds? Gotta draw the line somewhere.

And property tax on the place where the game will be located .

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude
You are in MI
GRG is in MI
If you want to avoid sales tax then buy from a distro not in MI. But you have to ship it to avoid tax.
If youre in a state already taxing out of state online purchases then you might as well buy from a local distro.
FYI the $100 ebay promo is on again FYI

You're still supposed to pay the equivalent of sales tax via use tax. In Michigan and Missouri. Pennsylvania too and they audited me on it when I lived there.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You have to sign up for eBay bucks & opt in for the emails

Interesting. Where did you sign up for this? I can't find it on the homepage...

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

You're still supposed to pay the equivalent of sales tax via use tax. In Michigan and Missouri. Pennsylvania too and they audited me on it when I lived there.

Indeed

I am suppose to report every online purchase on my tax returns, eat right, work out, etc.

One of these days!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Interesting. Where did you sign up for this? I can't find it on the homepage...

ebay.com link: ws

#62 5 years ago

My state taxes my income 8% just for working here. I very much envy states like AZ or FL that have low or no state income taxes. Any break I can get.

Quoted from Outlanes:

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

My state taxes my income 8% just for working here. I very much envy states like AZ or FL that have low or no state income taxes. Any break I can get.

The snowbirds really have it figured out.

Out here they spend half a year plus one day in their beachfront condo in FL & keep their home in the midwest. This is to avoid MO tax.

Since they're retired high rollers but risk adverse due to their timeline they often have both properties paid for. This also allows them to realize less income thus putting them in control of their tax bracket.

This also means they pay 0% tax on their first $100K of income.

A couple gets a $24K standard deduction plus 0% fed tax on the first $76K of long term cap gains.

Dang. $100K tax free is equal to the net of a $135K W2. In FL there's no state income tax! Thats damn decent cash when mortgage free IMO.

I'm an alarm tech/sales rep, not a CPA, so I glossed over some shit & certainly got something wrong. But I bet I'm damn close.

Anyway, you gotta diversify your portfolio with pinball machines so MBr is a must!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Doing the math I can buy a house in Florida with the 10% savings per year over New York.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Doing the math I can buy a house in Florida with the 10% savings per year over New York.

New York is no joke

If audited they check your cell phone records to make sure you were connected to non NY state towers for at least 183 days.

I read that in a reddit thread about this exact scenario so it's more 2nd hand internet knowledge by another amateur.

#66 5 years ago

Dang. Game room guys raised the price on ebay to $8500, mitigating the benefit of the current 5% cash back offer. I was about to pull the trigger. Bummer.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Dang. Game room guys raised the price on ebay to $8500, mitigating the benefit of the current 5% cash back offer. I was about to pull the trigger. Bummer.

That is really crappy they raised the price.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

That is really crappy they raised the price.

I wonder if ebay raised their fees to offer the cash back incentive to customers and that caused them to raise their prices... If a distro were to contact me and say "I'll give it to you for [listed price] - [ebay fees] outside of eBay..." I'd probably go for it. Everyone would win. Too bad MAP policies probably prohibit that kind of stuff.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You missed out on a $100 opportunity. That’s all. eBay bucks are capped @ $100. You were not getting 5% back on $8299. You were going to get the game for $8199 then your CC rewards as well.

Go to their website, use your credit card, get 2.625% back on $8299 shipped with $0 tax (depending on your state). Or go to any other distro.

I’ve seen prices move up/down on eBay before. Usually when other distros drop their ads when stock dries up. GRG currently is the only distro on eBay with MBr @ the moment. Once a few other distros put stock online I’d bet GRG drops their price to match. If not go the the other distro.

It could also be the LE factor. GRG didn’t raise prices across the board. Just on the game you want.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You missed out on a $100 opportunity. That’s all. eBay bucks are capped @ $100
Go to their website, use your credit card, get 2.625% back on $8299 shipped with $0 tax (depending on your state). Or go to any other distro.
I’ve seen prices move up/down on eBay before. Usually when other distros drop their ads when stock dries up. GRG currently is the only distro on eBay with MBr @ the moment. Once a few other distros put stock online I’d bet GRG drops their price to match. If not go the the other distro.
It could also be the LE factor. GRG didn’t raise prices across the board. Just on the game you want.

The 5% cash back is capped at $500...

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The 5% cash back is capped at $500...

Dang, all of the offers I've received said the rebate was capped @ $100

I like $500 more

You sure? If so buy a game dude! That means you could get a Stern premium for $6999 then get another $185 back in CC rewards.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang, all of the offers I've received said the rebate was capped @ $100
I like $500 more
You sure? If so buy a game dude! That means you could get a Stern premium for $6999 then get another $185 back in CC rewards.

It's a Samsung pay cash back deal. It's good for the next few days.

#73 5 years ago

I asked GRG about the delivery date estimate and they don't seem to know what they're talking about. They say they will have LEs at the end of this month, but they're not sure how many. I don't really feel good about ordering from them now, so I guess that settles the matter for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 210.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-price/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.