(Topic ID: 294328)

MBr Phantom Flip - not shooting correctly?

By Richard-NBA-SF2

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Filimurz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hello!
While playing my MBr SE tonight, the phantom flip was not flipping at the correct time. It usually
Works great, it will hit a great shot. But tonight the phantom flip shots were way off.
Any ideas?
Just noticed with the right flipper so far.
Thanks!
Richard

#2 2 years ago

Have you recently updated or performed a reset, moved the game, or anything like that?

It takes the game awhile to “learn” the timing and as variables change it needs to re-learn.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Have you recently updated or performed a reset, moved the game, or anything like that?
It takes the game awhile to “learn” the timing and as variables change it needs to re-learn.

Ohh. I didn’t know that. I did not move it recently no. I cleaned and waxed the playfield the other day. Maybe that’s it?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ohh. I didn’t know that. I did not move it recently no. I cleaned and waxed the playfield the other day. Maybe that’s it?

Could be. Keep putting games on it and it will find itself again.

Or you can reset it and let it learn all over again but that will probably take longer.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Could be. Keep putting games on it and it will find itself again.
Or you can reset it and let it learn all over again but that will probably take longer.

Ok! Thanks!

1 month later
#6 2 years ago

Trying not to be cynical but CGC knew what they were doing when they named this feature of MB. Had mine for about a year and have experienced so many iterations of Phantom Flip from it works perfectly on both sides, to one side, only to the game senses the ball but fails to flip but rewards an “extra ball” to no blue lights and no detecting the ball even after “Phantom Flip” is supposedly activated. A few months back CGC even sent me a new PCB for PF and that seemed to help, for a while. Also have adjusted the eddy sensors under the playfield and tried different settings on the PCB where the strength can be adjusted from one to four. Under “adjustments” you can completely disable the feature and I’ve tried that just to reset it in the hopes that would bring the feature back to fully functional. Suffice it to say, I love this game but the Phantom Flip feature is clearly not of this world and has kept me up all night many times in my futile attempts to get it to work, consistently. Good luck with your MB but I’ve accepted the fact that mine is haunted by the Phantom of Flip and it will decide if and when the feature will work fully, partially or not at all. Enjoy!

Added over 2 years ago:

11/9/21 update on inconsistent Phantom Flip feature: Have realized that (on my MB, anyway) the P Flip feature takes a few games to become fully functional. To wit, in the first few games after powering up the game, after “lighting” the P Flip feature when the ball rolls down the lit inlane the flipper fails to flip and the ball drains….BUT it awards a “ Ball Saved” freebie and if in the midst of a game feature like Dracula, Frank multi ball or Creature Feature it does not terminate the feature, like a drained ball normally would. Then after a few more games the P Flip feature regains fully functional capability.

Can’t explain why it works this way other than it takes a few games to “warm up” the sensors.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-phantom-flip-not-shooting-correctly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.