• 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yasss.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

See... I consider those as opposites. TZ, I collect modes to move on but don't need to do squat in any of the modes just collect them or light there part of the door, if you will.
But Met, I have to do things to get to a mode like hitting the ramps to get Lady of Justice. Or the inserts to get CIU.
Not arguing... Just discussing.

MB is kinda like a less-complex Metallica in that sense. Starting the Bride mode is kinda like starting Lady Justice. Hit each of her ramps a bunch of times to light up her inserts, then her mode starts. Hit the orbits (moons) a bunch of times, Wolfman starts. Spell Dracula with the red targets, then hit the scoop to start Drac mode. Get enough bumper hits to light Mummy at the scoop, hit scoop to start his mode. Hit Creech's saucer enough times to start his mode.

Starting all characters (character inserts) lights Monster Bash (mini-wiz mode). Completing their modes (instruments inserts) lights Monsters of Rock (main wiz mode).

The big fun of Monster Bash is getting as many modes stacked as you can before starting Frank Multiball. The modes are timed, but if they're running when you start MB, they keep going as long as that MB is going.

X-Men blows, stay away unless you like absolutely horrible voices. It has a ton of modes, but they don't really amount to anything interesting or fun. It's an example of people using the term "depth" incorrectly. X-Men doesn't have depth...it just has a lot of content...but it doesn't gel into anything resembling true pinball depth.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I do like Guardians tho but I like these other two more. Also, not sold on the Stern LCD display...I like dots more in that they are more artistic.

Yasss.gifYasss.gif
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Using the MGC show special, I'm at 6800 for a MBr SE. I think 5500 for X-Men and 6800 for MBr SE is about where the two will remain for awhile. I consider these two equal cost with this backward logic... Lol

There’s been an X-men LE for sale near me (where stuff sells for more) for a while for $5300 or $5200 ...and it’s nkt moving. It’s not a desirable game and has a pretty poor reputation. I wouldn’t expect it to hold if you pay $5500 for it.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I used the term holding rather loosely... Let's say <10% drop in price for both games. Guessing MBr SE would sell really fast considering the already $500 off thru MGC.

Keep this in mind: MBr depreciation would be because it’s still in production. A game in production can never sell for more used. X-men has been out of production for 4 or 5 years & pretty much guaranteed will never get a vault. It doesn’t have a Premium. Theoretically a game like that SHOULD have creeped up in value...the fact that it keeps dropping is telling of its true reputation as a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-or-xmen-le-next-pin?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.