• 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yasss.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Seriously considering either of these for next pin purchase. Me and the little guy have been playing MBr a bunch at the arcade. X-Men seems like it has a lot going on although I've not put a ton of time on one.

I like the mode based games like Met. I like the challenge of getting to these modes as well whereas TZ you hit the slot or piano which is less rewarding but LITZ is so much fun.

Current lineup

Met Prem - gets played a lot by both me and the soon to be 8 year old. I still have not reached EOTL but have completed 3 CIU modes. I'm somewhat strategic with playing this game. My first and only NIB purchase.

TZ - this game will probably never leave and I will likely restore it soon. This game we play to try and get to LITZ. once LITZ is achieved this game gets played less until we need a LITZ fix again. I cannot get LITZ on demand it takes done effort.

JP - fun enough of a game, I restored it. It may have a price tag on it at MGC. Still learning the rules on this.

SBM - good for a quick game. I bought this for the art and as a restore candidate. Restoration is almost complete. Likely have a price tag at MGC as well.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Get the MBr, you can buy a classic edition for under $6000

I'd go with an SE just cause the extra bling and I'd buy it as part of the MGC, 6800.

So 5500 vs 6800

#7 5 years ago

For the re

Quoted from TheLaw:

MBR
Look I get There's a little ground swell of 4 people mentioning how good xmen is but is aint MB.
MEt is not a mode based game btw

Then what is it and what is considered mode based? I guess I have some learning to do.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would call it a collection game; you're collecting each item in order to unlock/get further in the game.
TZ is a true Mode based game. You have to complete X amount of modes to progress; modes are times. JP, GB...etc

See... I consider those as opposites. TZ, I collect modes to move on but don't need to do squat in any of the modes just collect them or light there part of the door, if you will.
But Met, I have to do things to get to a mode like hitting the ramps to get Lady of Justice. Or the inserts to get CIU.

Not arguing... Just discussing.

#14 5 years ago

Yeah... Im not sure that I'm a mode based game person any more. I like how Met has a bunch of things to achieve as compared to TZ which really has one thing to achieve being LITZ.

#17 5 years ago

Im a bit concerned that MBr will get old in a hurry. If I play TZ like I do Met, it would be beyond old.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The call outs on either will have u gun shopping within a week or so. Buy a Maiden or SW's

I wanted a Maiden last year but did not pull the trigger. Now after playing one for a bit at the arcade, I'm not as into it as I was. SW as in Stern Star Wars... I'll pass, played a Pro at the bar and could not get away fast enough although I'm sure setup played a big role.

#30 5 years ago

I do like Guardians tho but I like these other two more. Also, not sold on the Stern LCD display...I like dots more in that they are more artistic.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Take Deacon up on his offer... Having someone get you pointed in the right direction on Xmen is a good idea.
It would be best if you played while he explained what to shoot, if he had to make the shots, you would never see what the game has to offer...

My problem with someone pointing me in the right direction is that it does not really stick to memory until I've played the hell out of it. Neo showed me Swords of Fury and as long as he was standing there telling me what to hit it was super fun. Met... I probably still don't know what to shoot for to maximize points but the colored arrows really help and I have a rough idea.

MBr getting old fast is a big worry. But honestly, TZ is old but still fun as long as I have the other games. If I only had TZ, it would probably have to leave at this point. I did get to Monster Bash mode at the arcade. How much more is it to get Monsters of Rock?

Like I said, I have not seen End of the Line in Met yet, got 3 of the 4 CIU but that is as far as I have ever got. I suppose that I could probably be more strategic to get all the way.. maybe.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Can't go wrong with either one.
Let the kids choose.... Make it fun for them.

At this point, he'd choose MBr. He's kinda funny with what he likes... played the hell out of Met for a long time then stopped playing it and sporadically played TZ while I played Met, then he just watched me play Met but tonight we finally had some 2 player games on both. He's funny like that, rather unpredictable. I think the humor plays into Met a bit for him, he likes Sparky getting fried and cussing sometimes (I tell him to not tell Mom). MBr has some humorous callouts and animations. Probably not too much humor in Xmen tho.

#43 5 years ago

I really think both games would be a great addition to the game room. The wife is talking about expanding the game room which then means I'll "have" to buy more games. Right now 5 is the absolute most I can have. Maybe I sell either JP or SBM and end up with both these games. I do actually want both... not just looking for people to bash on one or the other. MBr has bling and fun gameplay, Xmen LE has a ton to do. I may end up with both at some point. Really leaning toward doing the MGC show special with a MBr SE at this point. I think both will hold there current values (5500ish for Xmen LE and 6800ish for MBr SE) so I could really go either way.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Game changer? How?

That screen is way cooler than what Stern did... IMHO.

#48 5 years ago

I'll for sure hit you up at MGC.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Id definitely grab a xmenle now if u can.. mbr se will be available for a long time . Xmen will stay same price but mbr will go down imo especially when u can get a nib with warranty for 7k ish. Id expect used ones to settle in low 6's.

Using the MGC show special, I'm at 6800 for a MBr SE. I think 5500 for X-Men and 6800 for MBr SE is about where the two will remain for awhile. I consider these two equal cost with this backward logic... Lol

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s been an X-men LE for sale near me (where stuff sells for more) for a while for $5300 or $5200 ...and it’s nkt moving. It’s not a desirable game and has a pretty poor reputation. I wouldn’t expect it to hold if you pay $5500 for it.

I used the term holding rather loosely... Let's say <10% drop in price for both games. Guessing MBr SE would sell really fast considering the already $500 off thru MGC.

#53 5 years ago

And maybe the solution would be MBr SE now and wait for a really hot deal on X-Men LE (5200ish).

#67 5 years ago

Lol... What a polarizing topic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 22.50
$ 79.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,059.00
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 132.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-or-xmen-le-next-pin?tu=kcZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.