• Keep TOTAN and do a pf swap and goldplate 6 votes
    21%

(28 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).jpg
20181025_045333 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

So, I'm in a little dilemma on what to do. Either I sell my TOTAN to make room for MBrLE, or I buy a new playfield and swap it out. This will probably also involve getting the side rails, lock bar and other stuff gold plated, all a lot of work and $. It's a real nice original TOTAN with a great unfaded cab. It's in great shape minus the ghosting and all on the inserts, which doesn't bother me much but ide like to make it perfect. Then comes MBr, and I'm def on the train with everyone wanting to get one. I only have room for two machines, I also have a very nice TSPP. Just wanted pinsiders take on what they would do if they were me. Thanks dudes.

Here's a pic of the TOTAN. Great shape with colordmd and a bunch of upgrades and mods.

20181025_045333 (resized).jpg20181025_045333 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

TOTAN kinda sucks. Sell it and get an MBrLE.

#3 5 years ago

What must suck is having that pingulp in your business when playing

#4 5 years ago

Sell TOTAN. Replacing the playfield will be costly and labor intensive, yielding a marginal difference that won't make playing the game more enjoyable. If you're on the fence about selling it now, you probably will be about 3 weeks after the playfield swap. Sell TOTAN, buy MB, you'll save money, have a perfect(ish) condition game, it will be new and exciting to you too, making it more fun for less money!

#5 5 years ago

Sell TOTAN
Buy MBr
Buy TOTANr or buy back original TOTAN at a lower price when TOTANr is announced
Profit

#6 5 years ago

Do you plan on keeping ToTAN forever? If so, go ahead and make it as nice as you want. There's no guarantee there will be ANY more remakes, let alone ToTAN (there probably WILL be more if they're making $$$ on them, but what do we know?)

You can get a MBr down the road. They're gonna make a lot of them, and there'll be plenty of HUO games for sale in the future.

Those will be 2 of the last games i ever sell when we finally whittle down the collection.

#7 5 years ago

That's my beautiful old Totan. So shiny and nice....

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

That's my beautiful old Totan. So shiny and nice....

Trying to make it even nicer.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 5 years ago

Keep your totan. MBr will flood the market soon. There will likely never be a totan r and its demand will continue to climb as people come into this hobby. I miss mine. Yours looks beautiful. I saw this alternate somewhere on the internet

#10 5 years ago
download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Keep your totan. MBr will flood the market soon. There will likely never be a totan r and its demand will continue to climb as people come into this hobby. I miss mine. Yours looks beautiful. I saw this alternate somewhere on the internet
[quoted image]

Oh my god haha.

#12 5 years ago

I was actually in the same situation and sold my Totan yesterday to a friend in order to be able to finance a part of the cost of the MBR LE.

#13 5 years ago

I may be odd man out in this thread as I think I'd rather have a TOTAN than a MB - all things being even. I've enjoyed playing both, but have never owned either. I've always thought TOTAN was the more appealing looking game though.

That said, given the amount of work involved in swapping out a playfield though, I could easily opt for a shiny new MBr instead.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I was actually in the same situation and sold my Totan yesterday to a friend in order to be able to finance a part of the cost of the MBR LE.

It's a hard decision man.

#15 5 years ago

If you like JPop tables, keep it. I think saving the Princess is harder than Monsters of Rock, but the Monsters speak to some people, and not to others. For me, it was a no brainer when the wife said “Let’s buy a MBrLE” while we were in Wheeling. When your wife green lights a $8.3K pin expenditure on a MBrLE, you don’t walk, but run to the nearest distributor and slap down your Black Card on a $1K non refundable deposit. As I tend to like playing Totan, I expect someday to own one, be it TOTANrLE or a nice lost wood refurbed players machine.

#16 5 years ago

Sell me your Totan for MBrLE...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-or-totan-playfield-swap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.