• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Leigh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi there!

Instead of reinventing the well, could someone let me have their Mosh Pit vector data and that of the Mosh Pit inserts.

Thanks in advance.

Goz

#2 10 years ago

Anyone?

#3 10 years ago

I think that your question is too advanced to be answered.
I have a MB, tell me what you need and i will try to help.

#4 10 years ago

Hope this helps understanding Leigh.

During the Compile Phase
When you submit a DATA step for execution, SAS checks the syntax of the SAS statements and compiles them, that is, automatically translates the statements into machine code. SAS further processes the code, and creates the following three items:
input buffer
is a logical area in memory into which SAS reads each record of data from a raw data file when the program executes. (When SAS reads from a SAS data set, however, the data is written directly to the program data vector.)
program data vector
is a logical area of memory where SAS builds a data set, one observation at a time. When a program executes, SAS reads data values from the input buffer or creates them by executing SAS language statements. SAS assigns the values to the appropriate variables in the program data vector. From here, SAS writes the values to a SAS data set as a single observation.
The program data vector also contains two automatic variables, N_ and ERROR_. The N_ variable counts the number of times the DATA step begins to iterate. The ERROR_ variable signals the occurrence of an error caused by the data during execution. These automatic variables are not written to the output data set.
descriptor information
is information about each SAS data set, including data set attributes and variable attributes. SAS creates and maintains the descriptor information.

Cannot wait to see what you create with this data OP best of luck. =)

#5 10 years ago

Ooh er. I feel like I've done something wrong. But now I know I really do need to clarify my request, so here goes:

When I want to redo paintwork in any worn out areas of the playfield, I use an airbrush. However with an airbrush you can only apply one colour at a time. On a graphically intensive subject, such as a playfield it is normal to use masks for each colour, each applied one after the other and usually going from the lightest (white background) through the colours to the darkest colour (black outlines). In order to get this airbrush work to look like the original artwork it is usual to make the said colour masks from the original artwork. Unfortunately for holes in a playfield, where the hole has been worn away, so that the original artwork is no longer present, this is impossible to do. So in such instances, one calls on a community for its help and this was the invention if my original posting.

These masks normally come in a vector format as, in contrast to a bitmap format, this has an infinite resolution and as such is the format used by plotters, which cut the masks. The vector file format come in the following flavours: EPS, PDF, AI, FS, SVG, CRW to name but a few.

As anyone who has already repaired the mosh pit (using an airbrush and masks) will already have these dlgitised masks, I was hoping, with my thread, to find a pinhead who would be kind enough to let me have their data.

Otherwise I'll have to 'reinvent the wheel' and do it myself - something I was trying to avoid!

Thanks for listening!

Cheers

Goz

#6 10 years ago

I can't believe that no-one has ever produced masks for the Mosh Pit area and Mosh inserts to airbrush damage on the playfield.

Anyone?

Please?

Thanks!

Goz

#7 10 years ago

I'd be surprised if anyone has done this already actually, that artwork is a really poor candidate for airbrush masking. Too much fine detail and gradients etc, that kind of screen printing would be a serious pain to mask.

Good luck, but I wouldn't count on anyone having done it. You're probably better off just hand cutting frisket directly on the playfield honestly if you really want to go that route.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're probably better off just hand cutting frisket directly on the playfield honestly if you really want to go that route.

Thanks for the reply, but how can I do that if there is no more artwork visible?

Cheers!

Goz

#9 10 years ago

http://www.treasure-cove.net/MonsterBash.htm

Is this what you are looking for?

#10 10 years ago

That as a vector file would be what I'm looking for.

Alternatively a 1 scan of that, so that I can generate my own vector file.

Anyone?

Thanks

Goz

#11 10 years ago

- post removed-

Post edited by robin : Ban vote issued for a really offensive post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mb-vector-data-for-mosh-pit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.