Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Monster_Bash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1294601_(2).jpg
P1294600_(2).jpg
P1294599_(2).jpg
P1294598_(2).jpg
P1294597_(2).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I have found MB, playfield is decent, cabinet going to be restored.

I'm attaching some pictures, price is 6700$, If I get new PF that is another 1k$, I cannot go more than 8k max for now,

but if I get my new pf and restored cabinet, the rest can be changed easily later.

your thoughts please !!

P1294597_(2).jpg P1294598_(2).jpg P1294599_(2).jpg P1294600_(2).jpg P1294601_(2).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Love that game, get it.

#3 7 years ago

Get it, I would.... kinda sound like yoda there

#4 7 years ago

Great pin I love mine. Get it. Easy game but fun every time I play it.

#5 7 years ago

I have never liked MB. it's too simple, and seems cheesy to me, but most seem to like it. One of those games I just don't understand the appeal of.

#6 7 years ago

Are you getting it local in UAE? If so, I would say yes. I think the game is awesome.

#7 7 years ago

best pin, hands down! I'd say get it...a cliffy would help the mosh pit...not sure if it would cover it. Just depends on how picky you are..I say buy it, play it, love it!

#8 7 years ago

Buy it and get a cliffy for the hole and you shouldn't need a new pf.

#9 7 years ago

Yup, I am been searching for one too, get it, if you do not like it you can sell it and get something else.

#10 7 years ago

just get it any play it without the new playfield for now...

#11 7 years ago

I'd get it and play the hell out of it for a while before fixing it up!!! That's one of my DREAM games. I've only played it a few times, but I have great memories of playing that game!!! Go for it!!!

#12 7 years ago

I'd get it. It is rather simple but it is fun over an over again, for me at least. If you wanted to sell it later on, it should be easy to move. I always loved the Universal Monsters so MB just works for me. I love the art, the theme, everything.

If you got a Mantis protector for the kick-out hole, you could back fill to it with something like JB Weld or Quick Wood, then you could smooth it and get a Treasure Cove decal to go over it and it would look pretty nice. A Cliffy would be destroyed if you don't fill the damage completely before installing it.

#13 7 years ago

why does it need a new pf? that wear it sooooo little. get a cliffy and play it....now!!!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

why does it need a new pf?

It's fine as it is.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from dnhayden:

Are you getting it local in UAE? If so, I would say yes. I think the game is awesome.

The machine is in UK, I don't mind shipping it by air "cost around 200 only" and since I'll be there soon, I can arrange the shipping and stuff. The only machines I found here in UAE are IM and SM lol

So, I won't change the playfield, maybe in the future.

no one mentioned anything about the price, is it high or just right ?

and thanks everything for the reply

edit: the price including new legs, bolts and cabinet restore

#16 7 years ago

I'd say get it prices keep going up. $6700 seems close to the going price. Family and friends love to play it. Such a wide appeal, mine is never leaving.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

no one mentioned anything about the price, is it high or just right ?

I bought a MB locally a couple of weeks ago for $5,750. No shipping and no road trip required. Mine has more wear on the Drac track, but virtually the same wear on the kick-out hole. I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace the pf. I think that you can repair the worn areas to your satisfaction for a LOT less $$$ than replacing the pf. My cab is wrinkled around the front legs, but I barely even notice it now. It plays great and that's the key to me. Based on my 'shopping' for a MB, I think that mine and yours are $6K games, +/-. If yours includes a cab restore, maybe $6,200 would be about right. So, $6,700 might be a bit high, but not too bad. I'm no price expert, but that's what I'd say. One other comment is that I find that the time it takes to find a MB, or other 'hot' pins, gets to be rather time-consuming. When I find a pin that I want and the price is pretty close to the going rate, I tend to take action right away so that I can stop looking. Hope this helps.

#18 7 years ago

I just paid $6250 for mine and its clean but also has wrinkles and some minor wear. With the cliffy the pf looks new.

#19 7 years ago

some people are so new playfield happy imho

#20 7 years ago

$7700 seems kinds steep & thats before doing the playfield swap. 1k less would seem more on par.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Buy it and get a cliffy for the hole and you shouldn't need a new pf.

I agree. Nice looking game

#22 7 years ago

Greatest game ever made. Period. I am very blessed to have one.

#23 7 years ago

That was the game to get me into pinball. Who wouldn't want to get the Universal Monsters back together in their rock band? I particularly like all the trouble Creech goes to just to gurgle to me to eff off.

Ah, sigh. Plus phantom flip is on of the more interesting innovations in pinball.

#24 7 years ago

I think you're in to high for the condition

#25 7 years ago

I was going to say something, but its already been said.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Great pin I love mine. Get it. Easy game but fun every time I play it.

The consensus is that it is easy but not many people are able to do the 'Big Stack' - stacking all 6 monsters. Sorts the men out from the boys and turns a 1 billion score into 2 billion plus! I am only a boy, by the way

As for price if $8000 gets you a fully restored monster bash, with new cabinet, decals, playfield, re-chromed parts, new rails, legs etc then that seems a fair price. Wasn't sure if that is what you mean though for the 8k?

#27 7 years ago

Don't let it get away. I saw mine from the entrance to Pinfest last year while waiting for them to open. As soon as they let us in, I went and bought it from the dealer and am really happy that I did. Not many made and hard to find. You can always restore it.

Dennis

#28 7 years ago

Get it, you won't regret it.. Unless your a guy that has to have his pins flawless, A Cliffy should take care of the wear on that pin.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The consensus is that it is easy but not many people are able to do the 'Big Stack' - stacking all 6 monsters. Sorts the men out from the boys and turns a 1 billion score into 2 billion plus! I am only a boy, by the way

+1 Very tough to do.

#29 7 years ago

The price is a little high. I paid $3500 for mine 3 years ago and it is nice. Can't believe how high the prices are getting.

#30 7 years ago

I'm going to join the "it's too much" crowd. That being said, i don't know how available machines are in your area of the world. Good luck. I'd say it's not off by more than $1000 in the US market.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

tatman9999 said:Great pin I love mine. Get it. Easy game but fun every time I play it.
As for price if $8000 gets you a fully restored Monster Bash, with new cabinet, decals, playfield, re-chromed parts, new rails, legs etc then that seems a fair price. Wasn't sure if that is what you mean though for the 8k?

+1 on the six-stack. I've been so close... and yet so far. Its a great goal to try and shoot for. I find achieving Lyman's Lament without cheating to be elusive as well. Great game.

-Craig

#32 7 years ago

ish, I passed on a nice one a couple months ago for 4K. I should have bought it, but the game bores me to tears TBH.

#33 7 years ago

Hey, unless the price is Firm...make an offer...

#34 7 years ago

Its definitely a fun pin but at that price point ($6700 to $7700) I would pass on it. That said, if you have the cash to spend and love playing it then maybe you should pursue it and try to negotiate on the price.

#35 7 years ago

Seems a bit steep...

There was a MB at the Starburst auction that sold for 4k +10%

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Its definitely a fun pin but at that price point ($6700 to $7700) I would pass on it. That said, if you have the cash to spend and love playing it then maybe you should pursue it and try to negotiate on the price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside