(Topic ID: 45442)

MB: Reinstalling the Bride's freakin head

By Arcadegarage

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

99% finished a full shop job and led conversion to my MB. After spending all afternoon my buddy and I are fried...and we can't figure out how to get the head back on the Bride. I'm hoping that I don't have to take the entire assembly apart and slide the head up the post from the bottom because there was really no reason to take the head off in the first place apparently. Any idea on how to do this?

#2 11 years ago

I thought there was a c-clip on top of her head.

#3 11 years ago

You're right that's the part I can't fit on the top of the head...can't get the head to go down the post enough.

#4 11 years ago

It goes on from the top. If I recall correctly, the post is not straight - it has a bit of an angle at the top which requires you to push it on off-angle.

Scott

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 11 years ago

Yeah the post is curved. So, using the old brute force and pushing at an angle, huh? I tried that already but I can give it another go...sigh.

#6 11 years ago

I had the same problem, here is what I did. Have your friend point a flash light through the hole so you can try and align the post through the hole. It helped me, just my two cents.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from chardy02:

I had the same problem, here is what I did. Have your friend point a flash light through the hole so you can try and align the post through the hole. It helped me, just my two cents.

That's exactly what you want to do. Push all you want, but if the post isn't lined up straight, it ain't gonna go.

#8 10 years ago

So I went down there again today to try and put the head back on. I was forcing it and forcing it, twisting the head in every way. That lasted about a minute so I tried to gently twist it on. I must've just hit it at the right angle because it just slid right on with plent of clearance for the clip then. No problem. Wtf?! Oh well, it's on securely and it didn't pop off when I fired it up.

Now if I didn't break that flipper plastic on the inside of the cab here the button is, I'd be playing it! Note to self, just take things apart and lose a few seconds instead of trying to bend them in weird directions and breaking them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mb-reinstalling-the-brides-freakin-head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.