• MB 21 votes
    28%
  • ACDC PREM 42 votes
    57%
  • GOT PRO 11 votes
    15%

(74 votes)

#1 7 years ago

What are your thoughts guys if you had to pick one? I know were all over price wise here but I'm looking for fun factor. I am a horror movie buff and a big GOT fan, not so much ACDC but I do like playing the game..... I also like the GOT pro better than the Prem....

#2 7 years ago

I say Ac dc even if you don't like the music I bet it will grow on you after a while

#3 7 years ago

I voted for ACDC Prem. Best on the list IMO. Great rules. Great replay-ability. Lots of fun.

MB is more humor than horror; beautiful pin with a great theme, but it gets boring pretty quickly for me. For that kind of dough I'd rather get Attack or Medieval (or Shadow for more like $3000).

I have almost no time on GOT Pro, so I can't really comment on it. I own GOTLE, which I love.

Since you're a horror buff, have you considered Walking Dead or Rob Zombie?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I voted for ACDC Prem. Best on the list IMO. Great rules. Great replay-ability. Lots of fun.
MB is more humor than horror; beautiful pin with a great theme, but it gets boring pretty quickly for me. For that kind of dough I'd rather get Attack or Medieval (or Shadow for more like $3000).
I have almost no time on GOT Pro, so I can't really comment on it. I own GOTLE, which I love.
Since you're a horror buff, have you considered Walking Dead or Rob Zombie?

I had twd prem and I couldn't stand the gameplay on it. Loved the theme but just was annoyed when I came around to it.

#5 7 years ago

My loaded acdc luci left for a restored mb .... i cldnt be happier and have played mb more in a month than i played luci the entire time i owned it..... acdc is a good cool pin but it was missing something for me that mb has fulfilled.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My loaded acdc luci left for a restored mb .... i cldnt be happier and have played mb more in a month than i played luci the entire time i owned it..... acdc is a good cool pin but it was missing something for me that mb has fulfilled.

Ya know what it missing......... That rare AV board.

Only kidding, MB is a great game thats hands down the true classic

#7 7 years ago

Fun factor and based on your collection - MB should work nicely.
Seems a little tougher to find versus the others and I view it as more collectable.

GOT pro is a distant third on this poll. IMHO - Its a very average game and there seems to be many on location to play.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

Fun factor and based on your collection - MB should work nicely.
Seems a little tougher to find versus the others and I view it as more collectable.
GOT pro is a distant third on this poll. IMHO - Its a very average game and there seems to be many on location to play.

Honestly, GOT PRO is no slouch. Those other two pins are 1.5-1.75X the price of a GOT PRO. GOT is one of the best bang for the buck games for strategy shooter thinker games. On the surface, sure it seems average. But it is one of the most dynamic shooting and scoring games ever with easy to achieve wizard modes to allow various strategies and ways to tackle the pin. It doesn't have the overall package that MB and AC/DC offer by a longgshot. But for the price and rules, it shouldn't be overlooked. Only negative I have on GOT PRO is the translite, it's hideous.

If price is no object and you want an overall package, I say go monster bash if you want a more prossesion element style game, and AC/DC if you want a scoring element. GOT if you want a strategist element with both progression and dynamic scoring with a much friendlier price tag.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I just dislike the way how the gameplay of the Acdc is coded.

My vote goes to Got pro.

#10 7 years ago

Tough choice

moneywise GOT all day
gameplay wise id say ACDC
for theme MB

ACDC was my favorite stern so I would go with that

#11 7 years ago

Acdc prem all day.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks guys! This is gonna be a tough pick! I'm struggling as theme wise it's mb, gameplay wise AC/DC and then price + gameplay it would be GOT but art blows.

Hmmmmmmmm

#13 7 years ago

M frickin B!!!!!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I just dislike the way how the gameplay of the Acdc is coded.
My vote goes to Got pro.

I hear ya there, I'm in the same boat. I just don't find the rules of ACDC to be interesting. Each song mode is centered around hitting one shot over and over again for points and then you have to hit 7 other shots, randomly (nothing blinking to lead you or a specific shot order), to light the juke box. Multiballs all play very similar with the same DMD animation at the start of it and then you are just shooting either ramps, orbits or drop target the whole time...The lower playfield looks awesome but there's barely any rules to it and after about 10 seconds playing in it I think "Is this it"?

GOT's artwork is bad, really bad (lol) and even though it's ruleset is more engaging in my opinion compared to ACDC's I just can't get over the games lackluster artwork.

#15 7 years ago

I never got the popularity of acdc. I'm a fan of their music but the game play, in my opinion, is a distant 3rd here. I keep trying to like it but it never makes me want to come back for more. Monster bash is a classic and is always fun to play, but may get boring over time. That i cant personally answer cause i only play on location. When i do play, i always put a bunch of games on it. I want to own some day. I have game of thrones premium and this one will never leave. I originally wanted the pro but my wife liked the upper playfield. Once you get used to making the shots, the upper playfield won't bother you. The premium provides you the option to play as the different houses and this makes the game so much better. If you like the show, the artwork is very nice. The pro is also a very fun game but I'm one that loves the upper playfield now. For the record, I sold lord of the rings, ghostbusters premium, whitewater and some other games while this one is still going strong in my collection. There are ample multiballs and this is a fast moving, precise shooting game. I always want to come back for more.

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'm kinda leaning towards GOT PRO as I think I'm gonna get the most bang for my buck and I'm a big fan of the show aswell... Dosen't quite fit the horror theme but it is TV / Movie related.....

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'm kinda leaning towards GOT PRO as I think I'm gonna get the most bang for my buck and I'm a big fan of the show aswell... Dosen't quite fit the horror theme but it is TV / Movie related.....

Just be sure to pick up an alt translite and you'll be set

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just be sure to pick up an alt translite and you'll be set

I've been looking for those Alt Translites but seems like the one I like you can't get anymore? The one I guess Scott did from Riot games...

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

If pro is your best value, no arguments here.
Have you considered dropping a few loonies into an AC/DC pro or Met pro? They should have the same price point and both have earned higher ratings than GOT. Just sayin'...
Best of luck with your choice !

#20 7 years ago

GOT Pro, and get yourself an alternate translite....

ebay.com link: like

Later,
EV

#21 7 years ago

Got Pro is a good game for a shooter/tourny player, but it's not even in the same class as MB or AC/DC Prem!

MB= more family oriented, longer ball times, overall fun
AC/DC = amazing code, tougher game, amazing shots

Can't go wrong with either IMO.

#22 7 years ago

ACDC all day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 12.95
$ 75.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mb-or-acdc-prem-or-got-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.