Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by beefzap
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So the Drac Trac on my recently acquired MB has some wear. The black is worn off and the wood is worn down a bit in front of the ramp. Otherwise it's pretty good. After doing some research there is a bracket that attaches under the playfield to match up the playfield heights. Apparently this is common in early MB's so I ordered it from Marco for the fix. I also ordered the overlay to go over the Drac Trac.

My question is: what would you guys use to build up the little bit of pf wear so that the ball will go smoothly up the ramp and so I can also install the new overlay on top of it? Some say to use some sort of epoxy but a friend of mine tried some on his NGG without success. My brother suggested bondo. What do you guys use for things like this?

#2 11 years ago

Bump......

#3 11 years ago

You can dye epoxy With
A filler like micro ballons wait till the right moment of hardness and slice with a razor ... I'm more rookie than you but that's what I would do..

#4 11 years ago

Epoxy works fine, but is a bitch to sand. I would presume that's where your friend had trouble.

Minwax High Performance Wood Filler or Bondo Wood Filler both work fine, but have short work times (5 minutes or less). Abatron WoodEpox or J-B WELD Wood Restore Premium Epoxy Putty have longer work times and are true epoxies so they are elastomeric.

Although I'm far outnumbered I don't like Bondo Auto since it does not expand and contract at the same rate as wood.

For very shallow damage I would use Dolphin Glaze since it is auto-leveling and easy to work with. See the following link.

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/tools-and-supplies/213-dolphin-glaze

3 weeks later
#5 11 years ago

Me too, need suggestions on how to repair. I have the decal , but how to fill and flatten the Drac Trac area?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mb-drac-trac-repair-suggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.