Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MrWizzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The MB that I bought from Bryan Kelly arrived today. The STI driver says first off, " I don't know why people ship these things with the legs on." That of course puts up the red flag. The right rear leg got dented and put a good nick in the bottom edge of the cabinet, and the bolts were loose, so most likely I will have to replace the bracket inside the cabinet that Bryan just put in.

Cabinet is what it is, a routed game, so no surprises there. Good candidate for new decals. Will get to that after I do my AFM.

The playfield aside from the MOSH PIT and Drak TRack has a full mylar on it, so it is very nice under there, and the mylar is in good condition. Treasure Cove sells a decal for that area in a bluer or more purple shade. Mine is definitely more the purple. It seems that a bracket was installed after the wear at the DT occurred as the lower edge is now a little higher than the upper edge. That needs to come down. Need to build up the Mosh Pit and upper DT edges before laying down the decal. This will at least make the game presentable in the interim.

Everything on the playfield works except for the entry switch on the right ramp, the SCUM bulb at Creech and the lower GI string. Need to adjust the Creature figure underneath so it is more visible. The pin is missing at the connector for that string, so I may find other needed repairs there.

One broken plastic, the long clear one above the blue lights to the left of the shooter lane. It is in three pieces held together with mylar. I will remove the pieces and round off the edges, so it will look a bit move finished while I keep an eye out for a replacement.

The right ramp had both blue rubber edge protectors in need of attention. The right one was missing, and the left one had some kind of total cobjob repair to it using a screw in the playfield, epoxy and glue and a three wire playfield connector shoved in there for support. Thanks to Bryan, all the parts were there to reassemble them. I saw those issues in the pics and got new replacement parts.

So I reassembled the right ramp with the edge protectors, rebuilt and adjusted the flippers, gave it a quick cleaning and waxing, put in new balls, and tried it out. It played well and will be nice when I finish shopping it and repairing the playfield.

I definitely with get around to painting the figures on the playfield. Who knows? I may turn Frankie's bride in to the lady in red.

One thing I noticed is on the Wolman's head on the right side of the playfield near Drac's coffin are two tiny tiny holes. Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea why they are there?

I will try and get some pics up.

Dan

#2 11 years ago

Congrats, man! The day I got my Monster Bash was like being ten years old on Christmas morning all over again. Best game ever.

#3 11 years ago

awesome, i love the initial cleaning and adjusting. Sounds like a great weekend

#4 11 years ago

Great machine, enjoy.

#5 11 years ago

Congrats, Dan. I have the Treasure Cove overlay on mine, and most people don't even notice it.

The day I got my MB, I was four days into a work week of 14 hr days outside in 100+ temp. My wife took delivery, and I walked straight past it and fell into bed. It was two days before I even unwrapped it.

Oh, and the same holes are on mine.

#6 11 years ago

Congrats on the MB!

I applied the TC decal as well. Pics and steps are in an old thread here somewhere. It does the trick, and is a lot cheaper than a new play field!

#7 11 years ago

Congrats on the MB!!! It's ALLLLLLLLLLLIVVVVVVEEEE!!!!!

#8 11 years ago

Congrats Dan! I'm coming over soon, very ,very soon.

#9 11 years ago

Congrats.

#10 11 years ago

Enjoy, its a popular pin here with family and friends, great theme and a blast to play.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks everyone.

The right ramp exit switch and the spinner were cross connected. Took a little while to figure that one out as Frankie MB was not starting. Lower GI was a fuse, but definitely an interesting hack there. Going to start a new thread on the hack.

Good news about the TC overlay. I have to search that thread and order it from TC.

Everything working correctly now. Love the extraball animation.

Dan

#12 11 years ago

Congrats! I'd never seen one until we downloaded the virtual one on Pinball Arcade. I played a few times and liked it, but sitting here right now watching husband play his SECOND game ever and he's at extra ball #8, 514M+ and still going. I can tell that changing from the PS3 to the XBox360 really helped, since the flippers actually work.

I'd love to see a real one some day.

EDIT: He just finished at 520,917,480.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Congrats! I'd never seen one until we downloaded the virtual one on Pinball Arcade. I played a few times and liked it, but sitting here right now watching husband play his SECOND game ever and he's at extra ball #8, 514M+ and still going. I can tell that changing from the PS3 to the XBox360 really helped, since the flippers actually work.
I'd love to see a real one some day.
EDIT: He just finished at 520,917,480.

Well, although your husband and I neither really know the game, don't expect an invite too soon. He just exceeding my high game to date by about 480 M!!

Dan

#14 11 years ago

I'm sure the real version is way harder than the virtual one. (Like on virtual TOM, that has to be the strongest trunk magnet in the world since a shot anywhere near it registers and starts multiball.)

I'm still mad at him because I was playing it, trying to show him Drac coming out for Drac Attack, and just couldn't get it. Threw him the remote and was all "Fine, you play it then," thinking he would see that it is more difficult than it looks. Then he got Grand Champion on his second game. Pfft.

(Side note... STI almost dropped my legs on pin off their truck during delivery. I'm glad both our machines didn't get more damaged than they did after hearing other horror stories too.)

#15 11 years ago

Rock on! Monster Bash is such a funny and fun game to play! I too, just don't get why people ship pins on there legs! I've heard horror stories about fork lift drivers placing items on top of standing games!

Sounds like you've got some work ahead of you. But I'm so jellous! One day I'll own a MB for the first time!

-Aaron

Iowa Pinball Club

#16 11 years ago

A decent game where you don't start Monster Bash it's tough to break 100M. Starting Monster Bash will get you to around 200M and starting Monsters of Rock will get you to around 500M. You'll be there in no time, Dan.

#17 11 years ago

Monster Bash is a bad ass game, congrats. If I could ever find one locally at a reasonable price, it would most likely stay in my collection forever. To me, MB is a timeless classic that never gets old.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

... STI almost dropped my legs on pin off their truck during delivery. I'm glad both our machines didn't get more damaged than they did after hearing other horror stories too.)

Second not so great experience with them. I hope the CC comes without incident next week. If not, time to find another shipper.

Quoted from IowaPinballClub:

Sounds like you've got some work ahead of you.

Yep, and it goes daily. Today I realized the left phantom flip is inop. Two problems, a bad board and a wiring issue somewhere. Got a lot done on it today in terms of analysis but haven't yet found the problem.

Quoted from herg:You'll be there in no time, Dan.

Thank you , Sensei.

Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 75.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mb-arrived-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.