• Latest reply 10 years ago by dkazz1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

curly.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 8.48.52 PM.png
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Was directed to this from the other thread that was on here a few days ago about MB being re-done, I don't know how I missed this until now, but according to Little shop of Games, who appears to be a reputable dealer (Stern and JJP) and knows and talks with Planetary and Chicago gaming executives.

See for yourself! I can't wait! I've decided to put my STLE purchase on hold, I've always wanted a MB and I think it will be better than MM myself.

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,22244.0.html

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 8.48.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-12 at 8.48.52 PM.png

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I've always wanted a MB and I think it will be better than MM myself.

What do you mean think it will be better? You should already know how MB compares to MM as they already exist, right?

#3 10 years ago

Moved to B/W sub forum for the time being.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

What do you mean think it will be better? You should already know how MB compares to MM as they already exist, right?

That the remake will be better. Most MB's I've played were pretty worn, so I guess I'm just excited!

#5 10 years ago

I'll wait for Rick at PPS to say that they will "definitely" be made.

Thread title is misleading. Curly didn't say "definitely" anywhere in his post. He said "looks like".

#6 10 years ago

I'm so tired of the remake talk already.

#7 10 years ago

You define "definitely" differently than I do.

I see nothing more than the same speculation that has been rampant here since Expo.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I'm so tired of the remake talk already.

There is a loooooong ways to go. Just wait till the first one is out and all the different interested groups start the comparisons. That is going to make the current general discussions look like a fun mid day cup of tea.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'll wait for Rick at PPS to say that they will "definitely" be made.
Thread title is misleading. Curly didn't say "definitely" anywhere in his post. He said "looks like".

No doubt… here we have another worthless post that we are all becoming so accustomed to.

Lock the damn thing now.

#10 10 years ago

Wow we are in uncharted territory here! Crazy times if all these titles get remade I need to get a 2nd job and add onto my game room

This hobby is gunna push my projected retirement age to 75

#12 10 years ago

Tell us something we did not know......................Of course they will be remade, why would they not??

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow we are in uncharted territory here! Crazy times if all these titles get remade I need to get a 2nd job and add onto my game room
This hobby is gunna push my projected retirement age to 75

Yes, gonna be awesome. Everyone will have the same row of remakes and stern will be out of business. Then PPS will run out of collectable games to re-run at inflated prices and we will have boutique companies left doing a game every 2 years (if enough people pre-pay)

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You define "definitely" differently than I do.
I see nothing more than the same speculation that has been rampant here since Expo.

You obviously didn't read the thread.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Yes, gonna be awesome. Everyone will have the same row of remakes and stern will be out of business. Then PPS will run out of collectable games to re-run at inflated prices and we will have boutique companies left doing a game every 2 years (if enough people pre-pay)

Stern isn't going anywhere they have the market cornered on affordable games... Their Pro models are fun and much more affordable! Not everyone can dump 8 to 9k on a NIB game.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No doubt… here we have another worthless post that we are all becoming so accustomed to.
Lock the damn thing now.

LOL! Any thread that might impact purchase prices of someones extremely high priced machines must be LOCKED!!!

#17 10 years ago

Lets wait for the bean counters to have their say. If the beans aren't being counted, no machines will be made.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

You obviously didn't read the thread.

I read the entire thread. Absolutely nothing corroborates your thread title.

#19 10 years ago

even if curly said they were 2 years out. so your holding off on STLE? wouldnt you want something tangible in the meantime?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

LOL! Any thread that might impact purchase prices of someones extremely high priced machines must be LOCKED!!!

No shit, give it a rest Tony, we all know you are the defender of high priced eye poking BS for your own self interest................

Shhhh, lock it down before the dummies figure it out!

#21 10 years ago

They can remake all the 8k pins they want....I still ain't buyin'

5-6k might peak my interest on a couple of these......might.

#22 10 years ago

The more the merrier ^_^

#23 10 years ago

And if we assumed that this news was fact, and its not... Then why would a machine out in a couple of years have to do with buying a Star Trek today? You could buy the Star Trek, sell it later and buy a mb. Totally ridiculous thinking.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No doubt... we all know that buying 20 year old refakes for 8 grand a pop is a much better deal, LOL!

Send money now! They are almost sold out!

This thread can be locked now...

#25 10 years ago

no need to lock the thread, teekee just needs to go .. Isent there a woz thread you need to s#i# on.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

no need to lock the thread, teekee just needs to go

Sorry, I was here first...

Quoted from tonycip:

Isent there a woz thread you need to s#i# on.

Is there an interpreter in the house?

#28 10 years ago

Its pathetic that these guys are remaking 20 year old machines. Ever forward never backward.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Its pathetic that these guys are remaking 20 year old machines. Ever forward never backward.

You have a collection full of 20 year old games. Is that pathetic?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

It is for some, yes.
But think that a lot of people will buy the remakes, and the prices on the "new" used machines will have to go down.
So if you'r always looking for something new in pinball (like me), these remakes are good news.

#31 10 years ago

Seems like a lot of hype and B.S. with that post from Little Shop of Games that absolutely gives us no further *factual* information and has no purpose but to stir the shit pot.

Please, lets move on from all this crap.

#32 10 years ago

I'm thinking the price point for future PPS pins will/should be 6500/7000...if they can't make em for that and earn a decent profit then the idea of "future PPS pins" might be in trouble.......I think there will be plenty of MMR's available as we get closer to launch!

Hey Teekee, you need to get over to that LTBR for sale thread in hurry, its down to 8500 obo and that 11k Nib LTBR you have might be a little pricey OR as you always say, the 8500 is "way tooooooo cheap"......for who?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey Teekee, you need to get over to that LTBR for sale thread in hurry, its down to 8500 obo and that 11k Nib LTBR you have might be a little pricey OR as you always say, the 8500 is "way tooooooo cheap"......for who?

Sorry dude, late to the party again. My NIB LTBR is sold...been sold.

$8500 is a great deal. Its just one of many great deals we've seen the past weeks. More to come!

#34 10 years ago

Talk is premature now. Any future remakes will be hugely dependent on how well the MM game is received. If it's meh, that'll probably be the end of them.

By destroying the rarity and collectibility factor, these remake will have to sell on gameplay alone, and while AFM and MB are really fun, can they compete next to LCD and RGBLED games? I really would like a colorized Cactus Canyon, but do I want it more than JJPs 3rd game, or Steve Ritchie's next game with LCD and even nicer lighting? Probably not!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sorry dude, late to the party again. My NIB LTBR is sold...been sold.
$8500 is a great deal. Its just one of many great deals we've seen the past weeks. More to come!

So if the profiteering part of the hobby is wrecked by remakes, are you going to start actually playing the machines, or find another hobby to flip pieces in?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So if the profiteering part of the hobby is wrecked by remakes, are you going to start actually playing the machines, or find another hobby to flip pieces in?

My boy, I could flip dead grasshoppers for profit if I want to... yes, I'm that good.

#37 10 years ago

So I guess we'll see you at the county fairs instead of the Ohio Show... have fun!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

while AFM and MB are really fun, can they compete next to LCD and RGBLED games?

Of course they can. Not everyone is on a relentless hunt for something new and improved, it's okay to just like pinball. There's a lot more to the hobby than Pinside, and even here it's a specific slice that's only interested in the new hyped up announcements. Nothing wrong with liking new and improved either! Just that it takes all kinds, just like some people really only want System 11s.

#39 10 years ago

Of course AFM, MB will be made - if all the MM'S get made.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Of course they can. Not everyone is on a relentless hunt for something new and improved, it's okay to just like pinball. There's a lot more to the hobby than Pinside, and even here it's a specific slice that's only interested in the new hyped up announcements. Nothing wrong with liking new and improved either! Just that it takes all kinds, just like some people really only want System 11s.

Problem is the existing games already out there.. by 'compete' I mean would enough people spend 8K on a new AFM instead of 5K for a new Stern Pro game, when there will likely be cheaper, used AFMs available? They probably need to sell at least 1K units to make it a go.. and as fun as Star Trek pro is, I start to question the demand side of the equation...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Stern made their own bed. They aren't entitled to a customer base. It's their own fault for putting out products that are inferior to 20 year old designs in terms of both engineering and gameplay. The only reason these remakes are viable is because Stern has set the bar so low. It's kind of pathetic on Stern's part that these designs from the 1990s compare so favorably. At least MMRLE owners know they'll get a complete code out of the box.

#42 10 years ago

I have it on good authority that the remakes will happen. My wife’s brother’s roommate has an uncle that is dating a chick who knows a guy that’s cousin works for Chicago Coin and he says they are gearing up to remake several 90s pinball machines.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I have it on good authority that the remakes will happen. My wife’s brother’s roommate has an uncle that is dating a chick who knows a guy that’s cousin works for Chicago Coin and he says they are gearing up to remake several 90s pinball machines.

That's all I needed to know, where do I send my check for the MB remake?

#44 10 years ago

I wonder if something like High Speed would be on the remake list... there is the rumor that the CPR playfields are limited to 125 or something from PPS holding the rights.

While far from fact, if true it would indicate that there is an idea of it happening. I don't see it but if they came out with it to compete at the Stern pro price point of 4-5k.... never know now. Anythings possible.

#45 10 years ago

haha hilarious. This whole PPS remaking games keeps me amused on a daily basis, and yes I have two of the three mentioned.

Remake TAF, then we're talking. Quit making crappy overpriced WPC95s, or at least add some depth to the code for each.

#46 10 years ago

Curly posts on PS; so does Rick.

Perhaps one of them will chime in with clarification/additional information.

Projections aside, ultimately comes down to the quality of MMR/how well it's received.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I wonder if something like High Speed would be on the remake list.

Sold!! That would be awesome!

Quoted from metallik:I mean would enough people spend 8K on a new AFM instead of 5K for a new Stern Pro game,

This where Stern will either Rule The Universe or fall flat. LEs against these remakes at these prices will be tough. But put out really great 5k pros and they may win the battle or at least live to fight another day.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

haha hilarious. This whole PPS remaking games keeps me amused on a daily basis, and yes I have two of the three mentioned.
Remake TAF, then we're talking. Quit making crappy overpriced WPC95s, or at least add some depth to the code for each.

Why do you own two of them if they're crappy?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why do you own two of them if they're crappy?

This is a guess but I take it he means the remakes would be crappy.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

This is a guess but I take it he means the remakes would be crappy.

This is a guess, but I take it to mean "please don't make the games I own less valuable".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mb-afm-and-cc-definitely-will-be-remade-per-little-shop-of-games/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.