• McGregor 36 votes
    31%

(116 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170827_172626_01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9FD14E30-B80F-4933-9FAA-77ED3E335589-505-000000776C30A3DF (resized).jpeg
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Fight night ..

#2 6 years ago

I just can't get into two dumb toolbags knocking the crap out of each other for $185-or-whatever-million dollars. Makes me sick to think of what could be done with that money.

Full disclosure: In the spirit of the thread, I voted Mayweather because I think he's going to leave McGregor in a coma.

#3 6 years ago

Different rules, different skills. They both know that. Sounds like a cash grab.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just can't get into two dumb toolbags knocking the crap out of each other for $185-or-whatever-million dollars. Makes me sick to think of what could be done with that money.
Full disclosure: In the spirit of the thread, I voted Mayweather because I think he's going to leave McGregor in a coma.

Agreed way to much cash at hand...

I will go will Mayweather

#5 6 years ago

Showing as Live stream on Facebook

#6 6 years ago

My prediction:
Mayweather wins by decision by dancing around the ring. But McGregor will get one good punch in that will be worth seeing. McGregor will win 2 rounds; both will be in the first 3-4 rounds of the fight.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Showing as Live stream on Facebook

Link?

#9 6 years ago

I read that they won't walk to the ring till at least 11:15 pm eastern time

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just can't get into two dumb toolbags knocking the crap out of each other

You need to visit more pinball shows and drink heavy. Maybe you'll get lucky.

LTG : )

#11 6 years ago

Yes link please save me $20 and a drive into town

#12 6 years ago

I hope McGregor smashes his face in and shuts his big mouth! Win or lose though, McGregor is a ten times better fighter than Mayweather. UFC is where the real men fight and Mayweather wouldn't last 30 seconds in the octagon with McGregor.

#13 6 years ago

This should not even be called a fight. It's really a lotto win for McGregor and the safest way Mayweather can get to 50-0. This will be boring, and there is no way McGregor can win this. Anyone who pays anything to see this is wasting there money. Mayweather's hand speed and lateral movement will be like nothing he has ever seen making this a complete missmatch. McGregor may be tough, but the referee will not allow a one sided beating and step in for a TKO. If Mayweather wanted to impress he would come out of retirement to fight GGG. But that is too risky so will never happen. My advice, save your money and pay to see GGG vs Alvarez next month in stead.

#14 6 years ago

dont know if this is one, there are many...some are fake, but there is a buzz on other sites.

Not responsible.

https://www.facebook.com/Goodkidjae/videos/vb.100003365183031/1309057935883033/?type=2&theater

#15 6 years ago

So apparently Mayweather stands to make $300 million and McGregor $100 million for this "fight". Ali made $20 million (adjusted) for the Thrilla In Manilla.

#16 6 years ago

Looking for more....BS?

#17 6 years ago

I kinda don't give a shit but I'm watching I think there is something wrong with me.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hope McGregor smashes his face in and shuts his big mouth! Win or lose though, McGregor is a ten times better fighter than Mayweather. UFC is where the real men fight and Mayweather wouldn't last 30 seconds in the octagon with McGregor.

I agree but hate them both, I always have respect for a fighter that doesn't have to run his mouth.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

dont know if this is one, there are many...some are fake, but there is a buzz on other sites.
Not responsible.
https://www.facebook.com/Goodkidjae/videos/vb.100003365183031/1309057935883033/?type=2&theater

I'm enjoying just watching the guy try to sort the audio problem before it starts.

#20 6 years ago

The moment the fight starts I'm sure Youtube will be flooded with live streams.

#21 6 years ago

Total Sham. McGregor has literally a negative change to win. He's not a boxer facing one of the best boxers of our time.
He's just going to eat jabs all night, dance around like he wants a fight, nothing will happen, decision easy to mayweather.
Drunk MMA vs. Drunk Boxing fans riot and tear the place down in the crowd.

#22 6 years ago

Oh McGregor wins even if he loses. Any other UFC fighter ever get $100 million for one fight?

#23 6 years ago

In a hotel with free, but slow wifi.

No fight for me.

#24 6 years ago

Tyson vs Mac, now that's a fight! Two animals with that "unknown " factor.

I'm planning on watching this tomorrow for free. I'm certain it will be all over the web.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

UFC is where the real men fight

I know nothing about UFC but read an article today that referred to it as "homosexual skinhead wrestling"...is that accurate?

From what I've read, both guys are real scumbags in general so I'd have trouble "rooting" for either. This event seems like a WWE type of thing but where they really give each other brain damage. Meh.

#26 6 years ago

Always pull for the woman beating, piece of crap to get knocked out. McGregor isn't perfect but he hasn't been accused of that multiple times.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

From what I've read, both guys are real scumbags in general so I'd have trouble "rooting" for either. This event seems like a WWE type of thing but where they really give each other brain damage. Meh.

I don;t know if McGregor is a scumbag but I don't think so. He's said a bunch of racist shit for this fight but that's to sell it and to feed the already racist overtones of the fight. Great white hype and all.

Metyweather is of course a total woman beating shitbag.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I know nothing about UFC but read an article today that referred to it as "homosexual skinhead wrestling"...is that accurate?

No that's not accurate at all. UFC fighters are the best athletes there are probably. They are in tip top shape and they are fighting machines. Step in the octagon with one and find out for yourself. Call McGregor a homosexual skinhead and see how that works out for you.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t know if McGregor is a scumbag but I don't think so. He's said a bunch of racist shit for this fight but that's to sell it and to feed the already racist overtones of the fight. Great white hype and all.
Metyweather is of course a total woman beating shitbag.

So a woman beater vs a racist...that is still a rough one....double knock out?

My prediction: fight will be a snooze, nobody goes down, winner awarded on points---loser says he was robbed, drama continues.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call McGregor a homosexual skinhead and see how that works out for you.

Give me 1/10 of what he's making for this fight and you can watch me do it on PPV.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Step in the octagon with one and find out for yourself. Call McGregor a homosexual skinhead and see how that works out for you.

Wow. Easy tough guy, just asking a question. No need for the testosterone challenges.

I would rather NOT have CTE when I'm not quite out of middle-age. So, no thanks, no "sport" that rattles my brain. I have enough problems.

Seems a waste to become the best athlete only to have your brain hammered so you miss out on 30 years of your life.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Give me 1/10 of what he's making for this fight and you can watch me do it on PPV.

Lol yeah for sure! I'd take my chances for that kind of money also. We probably wouldn't live to enjoy it is the only problem.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you suggesting that a world champion boxer like Mayweather would be unable to assimilate to "street fighting", even if he wanted to? Puleeeese. We're talking a one in a billion athlete/fighter. And there are others. Just because some people choose to fight like animals doesn't mean other people - fighters/boxers - want to. Or can't do it. I'll opine right here and now that if Floyd Mayweather spent the last 20 years "in the Octagon" that he'd kick McGregor's head in. But why would he do that? When he can fight in a far more civilized, artful manner for far more $?

And McGregor's mouth has been pretty big lately too. Makes a good target.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wow. Easy tough guy, just asking a question. No need for the testosterone challenges.
I would rather NOT have CTE when I'm not quite out of middle-age. So, no thanks, no "sport" that rattles my brain. I have enough problems.
Seems a waste to become the best athlete only to have your brain hammered so you miss out on 30 years of your life.

You don't get it. This is what they enjoy doing. McGregor likes to fight as much as we like to play pinball.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are you suggesting that a world champion boxer like Mayweather would be unable to assimilate to "street fighting", even if he wanted to? Puleeeese. We're talking a one in a billion athlete/fighter. And there are others. Just because some people choose to fight like animals doesn't mean other people - fighters/boxers - want to. Or can't do it. I'll opine right here and now that if Floyd Mayweather spent the last 20 years "in the Octagon" that he'd kick McGregor's head in. But why would he do that? When he can fight in a far more civilized, artful manner for far more $?
And McGregor's mouth has been pretty big lately too. Makes a good target.

Mayweather couldn't compete in the octagon with any of the UFC fighters. These guys are martial arts experts. Mayweather would have absolutely a zero percent chance. If a fighter wants to prove how much of a bad ass he is, the octagon is where you prove it at, not in a boxing ring.

#36 6 years ago

I partied hard last night at El Rusho/Iron Diamond so home tonight with the girls. Mayweather ko by 4th round.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I partied hard last night .....Mayweather ko by 4th round.

Yeah really hard

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

McGregor likes to fight as much as we like to play pinball.

If I found out pinball caused serious brain damage I'm confident I would sell my games.

Still, I say nobody gets cold cocked and fans are disappointed. These things usually don't live up to the hype machine they are based on unfortunately.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If I found out pinball caused serious brain damage I'm confident I would sell my games.
Still, I say nobody gets cold cocked and fans are disappointed. These things usually don't live up to the hype machine they are based on unfortunately.

That would be Mayweather's MO. But he wins fights early by facing cocky, arrogant (yes I know that's a synonym), overconfident fighters who don't know how to fight smart, and think being over-aggressive is the way to win. I don't know MMA that well, so maybe that works in the octagon. But it don't work against Mayweather. Plus, he punches REALLY hard

On the other hand, Mayweather has clearly not been taking things seriously; maybe we have a Buster Douglas situation on our hands.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the other hand, Mayweather has clearly not been taking things seriously; maybe we have a Buster Douglas situation on our hands.

Most likely no since Buster Douglas was an actual boxer

Being overly aggressive doesn't even work in MMA...and they only go 3 rounds in non title fights.

#41 6 years ago

Oy vey... 10pm CDT and they're just starting another fight. Looking like midnight Eastern now.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mayweather couldn't compete in the octagon with any of the UFC fighters. These guys are martial arts experts. Mayweather would have absolutely a zero percent chance. If a fighter wants to prove how much of a bad ass he is, the octagon is where you prove it at, not in a boxing ring.

You are delusional. Boxing is the sweet science. A science to fighting that has been honed for millennia. UFC is still in its infancy. Mayweathers skill is far superior to McGregors. With that said, I would love to see a miracle and McGregor knock him out. Kick boxing would be a better fight, though Mayweather would still win.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

With that said, I would love to see a miracle and McGregor knock him out.

Yeah, but if that happened, then he'd be like, "Wait...I gotta do this boxing shit AGAIN???"

#44 6 years ago

Ah PPV screwed up for tons of people that's why everything is delayed.

#45 6 years ago

Any streaming links that work?

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah PPV screwed up for tons of people that's why everything is delayed.

I'm interpreting that as "we didn't get enough buys to justify this ridiculous purse, so we are waiting in hopes another million buys comes through in the next couple minutes!"

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

"we didn't get enough buys to justify this ridiculous purse, so we are waiting in hopes another million buys comes through in the next couple minutes!"

People are going to hit the sack by the time they start on the East coast!

#48 6 years ago

Finally walking to the ring...

#49 6 years ago

Ski mask city?! Man he is WWE all the way...

#50 6 years ago

You guys are funny. The average ranked MMA fighter is making more per fight than the average ranked boxer. The only reason this is so high in the pay scale is because it's Mayweather.

The average MMA fighter would also kick the crap out of the average boxer in the octagon.

I think Mayweather will win in a boxing ring...but it would be even more one sided in the Octogan (To McGregor's advantage obviously).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mayweather-vs-mcgregor?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.