Topic poll

“Mayweather vs McGregor”

• Mayweather 80 votes
    70%
  • McGregor 35 votes
    30%

(115 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20170827_172626_01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9FD14E30-B80F-4933-9FAA-77ED3E335589-505-000000776C30A3DF (resized).jpeg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago

What was the final pay for the fighters?

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

FYI, those aren't "facts", they are opinion. This is a common misconception in our society today and leads to many problems beyond the ultra important "who can beat the shit out of whom" debate.

It's definitely a FACT, and Mayweather wouldn't step in the octogon with McGregor for no amount of money because he knows better. Believe it!

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What was the final pay for the fighters?

I've been trying to find that this morning, but a lot of articles say they signed a confidentiality agreement on the payouts.

Any reasonable guesses I've seen this morning put mayweather over $200mil and mcgregor around $100mil.

#104 1 year ago

When someone says "Believe it" or "Believe me!", that's when you should be most suspect.

#105 1 year ago

I love the outcome. Mayweather like a true champ too his time. Hardly thru a punch in the first 5 rounds. McGregor said he could go 12 rounds easy. LMAO. He was gassing in the 6th round. Game over McGregor. Go cry.

#106 1 year ago

It was totally predictable outcome. I made a $100 bet that McGregor would last until the 3rd...easy money.

I would make 10x that bet that Maywether would not last until the 3rd in the Octagon...easier money. But we will never know.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

McGregor did pretty dang good against the best boxer of our generation. If he had more endurance he possibly could have one that fight.

No, McGregor had zero chance to win the fight. It was already over if it went to decision. Judges cards were way lopsided for Mayweather.

Quoted from Skyemont:

I love the outcome. Mayweather like a true champ too his time. Hardly thru a punch in the first 5 rounds. McGregor said he could go 12 rounds easy. LMAO. He was gassing in the 6th round. Game over McGregor. Go cry.

Go cry? Do you actually think McGregor is upset with the outcome? You must not have watched the post fight interviews. And you clearly fell for the prefight hype train spectacle.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Go cry? Do you actually think McGregor is upset with the outcome? You must not have watched the post fight interviews. And you clearly fell for the prefight hype train spectacle.

Lol, agreed. There is a picture of them smiling together after the match that a lot of people have captioned "we're rich bro!!".

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Lol, agreed. There is a picture of them smiling together after the match that a lot of people have captioned "we're rich bro!!".

Exactly.

#110 1 year ago

He is laughing to the bank for sure. But, I'm am so glad he lost. Makes my day.

#111 1 year ago

All in all it wasn't a bad fight! It pretty much went as expected with McGregor getting winded by the fourth round...breathing heavy from his mouth. Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers of all-time without question. It took him a few rounds to adjust to McGregor's unorthodox style but once he was able to do that he connected with punches more often than not and just wore McGregor down. Many might say it shouldn't have been stopped but McGregor was out on his feet. Heart was the only thing keeping him standing....it was the right move. Congratulations to both fighters for putting on a good fight! Both McGregor & Mayweather can now back up their Brinks Trucks to the bank. They earned it!

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

McGregor did pretty dang good against the best boxer of our generation. If he had more endurance he possibly could have one that fight.

Not a chance. What fight were you watching?

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not a chance. What fight were you watching?

I actually agree with this. The first was competitive (with MG taking 1-3) and then he gassed. I was impressed that he was able to give a good fight against the best ever.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was impressed that he was able to give a good fight against the best ever.

Impressed he was able to hit him at all. McConnor got knocked out like a chump but of course boxing, as always, comes out looking worse for the whole thing.

So Dana's actually gonna have to pay him well for his next fight eh?

#115 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).png

#116 1 year ago

On the flip side, the experience Conor has received will only elevate his MMA arsenal.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's definitely a FACT, and Mayweather wouldn't step in the octogon with McGregor for no amount of money because he knows better. Believe it!

Neither would I. Doesn't make me a pussy, it makes me a genius!

#118 1 year ago

IMG_20170827_172626_01 (resized).jpg

#119 1 year ago

I was really worried about this fight, but clearly Floyd was aligned with the bookies and let this go longer than anyone thought or longer than he had to let it go. The fans wanted this fight and the promoters and the boxers gave it to them. In the end everyone made money but the fans. Most bets were within the first 4 rounds. By letting it go to 10, Floyd kept Vegas happy and gave all fans something to watch for 10 rounds and something to talk about for a few days.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 142.00
$ 19.95
$ 10.00
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside