3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I recently bought a N-O-S Black Knight backglass from Steve at Mayfair Amusements. There doesn't seem to be much online about Mayfair Amusements because Steve doesn't keep much of an online presence. This seems to be an antiquated approach to modern sales, but I guess he's not the only one in the pin/arcade hobby that runs things that way.

I'm just posting this as a recommendation for Mayfair. I was a bit leery of spending $395 (with trim package, shipping, and insurance/tracking) for a new glass without the standard backing of a credit card company or Paypal in my corner, however, everything went very smoothly. Due to the colder weather months, Steve recommended sending a 20% deposit to hold the glass, then make the rest of the payment early March for a mid-March delivery. I did just that and he shipped out my glass last week. I received it as promised, packaged very well, free of any problems whatsoever. The glass is beautiful and makes my restored machine pop. I've seen new glasses on Ebay selling for over $500, and some of them aren't factory mirrored repros, but the cheaper repros with grey paint instead of mirroring. Mine is the real deal with a Williams seal of authenticity and full mirroring. Big thanks to Steve. Although I don't usually enjoy spending almost $400 on just a backglass, this was an exception and he definitely followed through on his end.

#2 3 years ago

This is very good too hear

#3 3 years ago

I met with Mayfair, and Steve at Pintastic last year, having never heard of them before.
    Chatting with him, and having his help was a true highlight for me, as he shares the passion of pinball,
    and the interest in helping me and all his customers in a positive manner almost forgotten today.

Someone I look up to, and highly recommend he's on everyones parts supplier list.

Mayfair Amusements........2 Thumbs up!

Thanks for sharing, Op!

#4 3 years ago

I got a BK backglass from him too.
    Worth every penny. Steve is a real asset to this hobby.

#5 3 years ago

First place I ever bought parts from, probably 25 years ago for my first game, KISS. Was very happy with their service then, and glad to hear it hasn't changed.

#6 3 years ago

You can trust Steve, always.
    He does not need to advertise, everyone eventually knows him, if you stick around in the hobby long enough.
    The only bad thing these days is many of his NOS backglass stock (and repos) is starting to dry up after nearly 30 years.
    He has definitely done his part to try and keep games 100%.

#7 3 years ago

This is who Steve Young told me was the guy to get a backglass from when I broke the one in my Dealer's Choice, I still haven't replaced it (10+ years later) but that was the recommendation given to me. Glad to hear its a good one.

#8 3 years ago

I've purchased a NOS Robocop backglass from Steve and had it shipped to Australia. The communication was email and not overly attentive but the price, backglass and packing/shipping was fantastic. I'd definitely recommend them.

#9 3 years ago

Good folks at Mayfair. I got my Black Knight glass from him by mail about 18 months ago, no problems at all, then had him hold and deliver a Firepower glass to me at Pintastic last year. Highly recommended!

#10 3 years ago

I've bought several glasses from Steve over the years. Prior to Internet sales, Mayfair and PBR were the go to companies. Both would haul their parts stash to Expo each year too. He's one of the good ones.

1 week later
    #11 3 years ago

I had a great experience with Steve and Mayfair as well. Bought myself a Firepower backglass and my buddy got one for his Gorgar. We made arrangements to have him bring the backglasses to one of the shows/expos where another friend paid him cash and brought them back home for us.

Great guy to deal with and quality backglasses. We did everything over email. No complaints from us whatsoever.

#12 3 years ago

Yes steve is Good GUY BEEN around a long time

#13 3 years ago

Mayfair is top notch. Never any worries there and great products. Steve has always been an asset to this hobby.

#14 3 years ago

Steve Engel is like Steve Young. Pillars of the pinball community and we are fortunate to have them.

3 years later
    #15 17 days ago

just wish he's advertise more and update that ancient site of his. had lots of good parts at expo this year. I guess some guys are just old school and don't feel the need to change with the times.

#16 14 days ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just wish he's advertise more and update that ancient site of his. had lots of good parts at expo this year. I guess some guys are just old school and don't feel the need to change with the times.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#17 14 days ago

Steve is an asset to pinball. Pick up the phone and call.

#18 14 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It is broken tho. Why list backglasses that he hasn't had for 10 years

#19 14 days ago

I purchased a NOS Star Race BG from him and it was 10/10 fantastic. I won't hesitate to buy another.

#20 14 days ago

Mayfair is my go to when looking for a any backglass or translite. Ive bought a perfect Atlantis and Jacks Open from him in the past...Steve does great business. One of the best kept secrets in the pinball hobby.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside