FVA7 (resized).jpg
FVA6 (resized).jpg
FVA5 (resized).jpg
FVA3 (resized).jpg
FVA4 (resized).jpg
FVA2 (resized).jpg
Flash vs Arrow (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

We have been helping Stu move along his one of a kind custom Flash Vs Arrow conversion for many months by sanding and fixing an old Dolly Parton Playfield and followed his excitement as the project progressed. When it all finally came together he absolutely blew me away. All we did was the manual labor of the PF, glass and the printing and cutting of the plastics. Stu went to some very sick and rather outrageous lengths in his customization. Powder coated PF mechs, spinner mounts, and even custom colored nuts!! It just goes on and on, every time I look at the pictures I see another level of custom that I just didn't notice the first time around. Just noticed color coordinated pop bumper rings!! Jetsy's restored Harlem Globe Trotters he showed me years ago was the craziest thing I had ever seen until now. Sorry, Jetsy, this is just to another level. lol

The level of customization is just plain nuts, the pictures show the artwork and colored rubbers, nuts, mounts etc but there are even operational and electrical mods. I'm not sure Stu won't kill me for sharing but I just had to. Its really worth looking at.

Keep in mind this is his personal machine and its not for sale and we or he has no intention of making this to sell. He is also working on another custom machine that will probably blow me away again. But that's something for the future.

More photos at;
http://s498.photobucket.com/user/iko3185/slideshow/?sort=9

If I get some time maybe I'll put together something on our web page with all the photos but we are swamped with just getting parts out to you guys.

Just Blown away!

Mike
FVA2 (resized).jpgFVA2 (resized).jpgFVA3 (resized).jpgFVA3 (resized).jpgFVA4 (resized).jpgFVA4 (resized).jpgFVA5 (resized).jpgFVA5 (resized).jpgFVA6 (resized).jpgFVA6 (resized).jpgFVA7 (resized).jpgFVA7 (resized).jpgFlash vs Arrow (resized).jpgFlash vs Arrow (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

that came out really cool. Nice job.
Would love to see a video posted on Youtube of you guys playing it
-Mike

#4 5 years ago

That’s sick

#5 5 years ago

Sweet! Awsome ball lock. Is it a 4 ball then multi ball like TNA?

#6 5 years ago

Holy crap! Very nice!

#7 5 years ago

Simply incredible and my guess a Huge amount of work. Great job!!!

#8 5 years ago

Just Freakin' Awesome! The attention to detail is outstanding. I bet that with the clear-coated playfield that this game is Fast now and with all the graphics and updated starburst inserts it must be a really fun game to play....From Dolly Parton to This is incredible. Can't wait to see the next conversion from Stu.....

#9 5 years ago

This deserves a TWIP Award! I nominate.....

#10 5 years ago

That is definitely sweet!!!

#11 5 years ago

Incredible, great job!

#12 5 years ago

that is awesome, love it

would love to see a video and here the sounds / music

#13 5 years ago

I’ve been lucky enough to see this game come to fruition from the start of artwork designs all the way through to the finished product. Pics do not due justice all that STU has put into this game especially the amount of detail in the artwork and customization. The inserts of the character faces and their detail that you can see when they are lit up are simply amazing. To see the level of detail and artwork crispness at player position looking to the top of the playfield 4 feet away was very impressive. Now onto playing the game was another wow factor, the speed on the game made for a brutal experience. My 5 ball game lasted a mere minute or two. Who would’ve ever thought this was a Dolly Parton. Awesome job doesn’t begin to describe. What STU has up his sleeve for future customizations, you think this is good? You ain’t seen nothing yet.

#15 5 years ago

Just beautiful

#16 5 years ago

Any hints on what your next conversion is?

#17 5 years ago

This is probably the best re-theme ever to be done. Incredible detail on every level. Having done a few restores, I can’t imagine how much work it was to create something to this level of detail. Awesome job Stu!

#18 5 years ago

Remember how fun Stu was, before you guys drove him away from Pinside?

#19 5 years ago

Damn.. that is sick. How do I drop a plus 1Mil upvote?

1 week later
#20 5 years ago

Looks like Stu added about 100 more pics documenting the entire project. Very cool stuff, Love this conversion!
http://s498.photobucket.com/user/iko3185/slideshow/Flash%20vs%20Arrow%20Conversion?sort=9

3 weeks later
#21 5 years ago

This is the first I've seen of the results. Stu has been talking about it for a while with me because he wanted a custom Xpin 7volution set for the game, being that the Dolly Parton was a 6 digit scoring. With the native green and red that I had this looks insane! I can hardly wait to see his next projects. I am glad Xpin has been involved. Looking at this is incredible!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maybe-the-sickest-custom-pin-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.