(Topic ID: 74701)

Maybe NAVL used to be good... be warned.

By adalogue

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-144.jpg
    image-415.jpg
    image-662.jpg
    image.jpg
    salt-ad.jpg
    8-13 024.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

yep...thats becoming the norm. And don't even waste your time with trying to get some type of refund/credit.
    Michelle will "see what she can do" but you will never hear back from her.

Feel bad for its late arrival especially at Christmas

#18 10 years ago

jalpert...I totally agree.

However, for me, being in an industry where customer service is king. You don't over-promise and under-deliver.

I like to think of myself as a very easy going guy. But man, please don't tell me that you will get back to me and never call. Or make me call you 4 times to try and figure out why I am sitting in my living room at noon when I was told, the day before, that I was the first delivery the next day, (8am) and they showed up at 12:45 in the afternoon on a work day. And that was the second time they were supposed to deliver.

I am very happy to hear about Matt and AFB. At least we may have an alternative. By the way, is there any contact info for AFB?

When a company has no competition they can do whatever they want. Regardless of the game, or the deal, I will NEVER use NAVL/STI or Michelle for any shipping, ever again. I just hope that Matt and AFB can become the go-to guys (as well as pinballs on the move) vs. having to be stuck with NAVL/STI/Michelle.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I guess my point is, let's not be so quick to blame Michelle, someone who is probably bending over backwards and doing everything she can for you, when at the end of the day, the problem is out of her control / authority.

I am with you on that...I run into this issue often. Nothing worse than having people who are not under your control working for you. But the difference is, I communicate this to my customers. I let them know beforehand how things will be handled, where possible pitfalls may come up, and (this is the best part), I do call them back, repetitively to make sure they are in the loop as to whats going on.

I delt with Michelle. Michelle said she would call me back (more than once). Also said she would look into resolving the issue. Michelle said this to me. Not her dock person, or some other guy in another State. She said that to me. She made the promise to call, and did not, nor resolve anything. So, in my case, my first and biggest issue is with her directly and the lack of follow-up, professionalism, and frankly her outright lies to me. (she had no intention to call me back nor to resolve anything as I am now seeing by others who have had the same issues)

So yes, STI's local people may be bad, weather delays, dock people may not work hard, etc....but for me, Michelle is the problem right out of the gate.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Just so I understand, how much "financial responsibility" do you think they should take because your toy is a few days late?

Lets see...
    TAF was to arrive on a Friday, but they could not give me a time. Wife took a day off, and they didn't show.
    TAF was to arrive on the following Friday first delivery, shows up at 12:45, I ended up having to take a day off.

Hummmm...2 full days of work, and my wifes salary is....and my salary is............
    Let me put it to you this way....our salaries are worth a hell of a lot more than the cost of shipping that damn pinball machine. Oh, and this is just one example...let me tell you about the time when they were going to pick up 3 games from me....lmao

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

So, what was wrong with it? Supposedly they bent your legs, and it never played right again? Do you play the legs?

Man, that sounds like something STI would say to him

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maybe-navl-used-to-be-good-be-warned?tu=burningman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.