Quoted from bladerunner:
Courtesy of STI Florida.
8-13 024.JPG 173 KB
That indeed sucks--sorry to see how your game was abused.
But this evidence should serve as a warning to everyone to NEVER buy a game from a seller who isn't willing to protect the game from Morons who don't know what they're doing.
At a minimum, the seller must be willing to:
1. Fold the head down onto the rails with cardboard in between.
2. Insert backbox screw in factory hole to secure light board (WMS pre light tub).
3. Secure the head to the rails with a nylon tie or ratchet.
4. Shrink wrap the entire game or better yet: encase all the cabinet screening in cardboard before shrink wrapping.
5. Tighten all the leg bolts and use Pincabs underneath on screened games only for Legs-On; install new Stern brackets on decalled games for Legs-On.
6. Spin in leg levelers all the way in when shipping Legs-On.
7. Affix simple signs made from 8 1/2 X 11 paper and a thick Sharpie that read:
DO NOT FORK LIFT
HAND CARRY ONLY
HIGH CLAIM VALUE
Not an unreasonable request IMO...or NO DEAL.
Otherwise, Morons could decide this is an appropriate way to ship your game.
Quoted from Concretehardt:
My question is... If you pre wrap the game before NAVL arrives for pick up and they are unable to document condition will they cover damage if something happens? they could just say the game was already damaged.
Never had a problem (when dealing with Michelle).
Had two games damaged during shipping (out of about 15)--both claims were expeditiously paid to my 100% satisfaction.
She graciously never even asked for photos showing the game before it was prepped by the seller--but obviously you'd have photos on file from before the purchase/seller prep if you needed them. In theory, you could also ask the seller to document the game being wrapped in stages.
No way I'd ship a game unless it was protected from a Moron showing up...because they will unfortunately show up.
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside