• Something Else 23 votes
    30%

(77 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

442424FE-0AC3-4D38-A9EF-654B3612BADE (resized).jpeg
91272B28-2549-4D60-A8F1-51151B1B77BE (resized).jpeg
20201023_172036 (resized).jpg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My daughter is only 4 so no high scores, but she calls it "her game " and asks me not to play it when she's not there. She loves the "Mojis" and cartoons, and I love the gameplay & Rules; so it works out nice.

Awesome! Mine’s 15. Hates all of them. Will play TMNT now and then. If I bribe. It’s fun when you can get a family game going. Enjoy it while you can!

#52 3 years ago

DI brought humor back to pinball.

#53 3 years ago

First impressions

Game is unbelievably loaded. Magnets, theater, diverters, subways, it’s nuts. The theater feels like 10 toys in 1.

Shoots awesome, combos galore!

It’s got a lot more energy than you see in videos, the sound and light show are sweet!

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

First impressions
Game is unbelievably loaded. Magnets, theater, diverters, subways, it’s nuts. The theater feels like 10 toys in 1.
Shoots awesome, combos galore!
It’s got a lot more energy than you see in videos, the sound and light show are sweet!

The problem with this game is it will make any other one you play feel bland in comparison. I was ready to buy a batman66, then played this. Afterwards, batman looked as dull as dish water.... which is ashame because bm66 is a terrific machine.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Thanks to Kingpin games for hooking me up.
[quoted image]

Good choice. My kids absolutely love dialed in. Selfie mode is a big hit, and they get a kick out of the animations/disasters.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

DI brought humor back to pinball.

Did you play much Mustang? It was actually pretty funny too.

#57 3 years ago

Dialed In is great, get one!

#58 3 years ago

The kids care about taking the “craziest” photo more than scoring.
I like the pin but never get time -they took over.

#59 3 years ago

Is it just me, or is the demand for DI rising? The number of NIB sales have flown through the roof, and the used ads don't last long either.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Is it just me, or is the demand for DI rising? The number of NIB sales have flown through the roof, and the used ads don't last long either.

Smart buyers certainly should give it another look given used pricing now. Loaded game, good shots and straightforward rules.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Smart buyers certainly should give it another look given used pricing now. Loaded game, good shots and straightforward rules.

Factory just about out of them

#62 3 years ago

Seems to me as though a lot of people are "waking up" to the joy that is Dialed In!

#63 3 years ago

People are finally getting their heads out of their asses!

#64 3 years ago

Had about 20 people over last night for my kids' birthdays. DI was a hit, easily the most played. My dad who sticks to AFM only, couldn't leave DI. He kept playing one more game.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

People are finally getting their heads out of their asses!

It was pretty lonely be a fan of DI early on,you had people calling it a cell phone game and calling it childish.
I knew these weren't people who actually played game set up and dialed in!My wife and I played it at the Louisville Expo and she was like get that fucking LE I love it!

#66 3 years ago

For someone considering a DI LE, I have noticed (in another thread) that there are (or were?) playfield issues on later/newer builds of DI - has anyone experienced any playfield issues (pooling/chipping) with DI LE?

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

For someone considering a DI LE, I have noticed (in another thread) that there are (or were?) playfield issues on later/newer builds of DI - has anyone experienced any playfield issues (pooling/chipping) with DI LE?

So I have heard this too, but I assume it is when people take off the sim card protector and get chipping there? I took mine off to be a smart ass and it gets beat up without one. So I promptly ordered cliffy's protector for that spot and it has been golden. It was my understanding that dialed in is the last jjp game to be made before the pooling debacle. My number is 809, so it is late-ish.

#68 3 years ago

That’s great to know, thanks Doctor6

#69 3 years ago

I don't understand the vitriol against JJP for "weak" flippers. To me, they are different, just like their games. every shot is makeable on their games, so they are not weak.

I will agree that they are not as strong, but some stern machines are way overpowered. Monopoly comes to mind. the flippers are like rockets; too strong. JJP games play different, so they fit well in a lineup of multiple manufacturers games. every manufacturer makes their games a bit differently, so you either like it or dont. I just take it as a design preference.

If JJP superpowered their flippers, then that just equates to more ricochet, bounces, air balls, and chaos. their games play smoother than Stern and CGC generally...

#70 3 years ago

I don’t understand the JJP weak filler comments... I’ve always been able to tweak them to feel just as snappy as WMS flippers, if not better. To me, they feel refined. And that’s a great thing.

As for DI... what an incredible game. If you want to make it more difficult, adjust settings and throw some lightning flippers on it. Prob solved.

#71 3 years ago

I have a DICE -- Its an amazing game. The flippers are NOT weak. I had to adjust mine down due to air balls.

Congrats on your new game.

#72 3 years ago

Keep us posted on how you like your DI! I think I might be getting one later this week and selling off my TZ

Any adjustments you had to make once you got it? I've been reading about some issues with Bob's trap door. Seems like something that probably the initial owner would have dealt with.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Keep us posted on how you like your DI! I think I might be getting one later this week and selling off my TZ
Any adjustments you had to make once you got it? I've been reading about some issues with Bob's trap door. Seems like something that probably the initial owner would have dealt with.

you might have to adjust the theater magnet (it is under tests -> device tests -> theater magnet. in the test you want it to grab the ball, drop for a second (actually less) then activate again and have the ball come through the theater and around to the upper flipper.

#74 3 years ago

Yes, and when I bought the game from you and you delivered, you made this adjustment on the spot.

Thanks again.

#75 3 years ago

This game is blowing me away. I thought pinball was only this fun in some figment of my imagination... A false memory of my childhood that made these machines more magical than they really are. Dialed In is what pinball should be, amazing.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This game is blowing me away. I thought pinball was only this fun in some figment of my imagination... A false memory of my childhood that made these machines more magical than they really are. Dialed In is what pinball should be, amazing.

Bingo!This is exactly how I felt the first time I played DI and after not really playing as much for a couple months I'm back at it.

#77 3 years ago

No pooling or clear issues on mine. Some minor divots but nothing that anyone without a magnifying glass would notice.

#78 3 years ago

Added one to my collection!

442424FE-0AC3-4D38-A9EF-654B3612BADE (resized).jpeg442424FE-0AC3-4D38-A9EF-654B3612BADE (resized).jpeg
#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Added one to my collection!
[quoted image]

Ooooh pretty!

6 months later
#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

In no universe would I take a hot wheels over dialed in.

For me the world with a nib Hot Wheels plus $3k in my pocket us a happier world than one with just a used Dialed In, but to each their own.
The only reason I threw it out there is that the op asked about newer fast and brutal games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maybe-a-dialed-in/page/2?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.