• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rennis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi,
I have Maverick pin with 2 issues I'd like to resolve:
1. The Lauren Belle horn just keeps honking during game play. It doesn't stop.
2. The paddle wheel is very noisy. Doesn't seem to slip or jitter though. gears seem to turn without issue.

Any suggestions as to the root cause and/or fixes for these issues is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Matt

#2 4 years ago

That horn problem sounds very strange. Never heard of it being stuck on like that, but I do have a Maverick. I'm not certain if the horn sound gets tripped by a pf switch....but it might get tripped by one of the opto switches for the paddlewheel. Run a switch test and make sure you have no switches stuck. I'm not at my game at the moment.

The paddle IS noisy (Noisy is obviously suggestive). With the whole hella lot of gearing the annoyance is there - but not likely anything you can do about it. Maybe a very small amount lightweight grease for the purpose would help a little...but don't expect it to be quiet. Working is good.

#3 4 years ago

I bought a new motor for mine and it was MUCH less noisy. Also I agree that it may be the opto for lauren belle entrance causing the noise.

Only other time I know of this sound is right when game boots up. Saw one at a show once that the DMD kept resetting on and the noise was being played over and over. Made the game less enjoyable.

Good luck on the fix.

#4 4 years ago

I did a switch test and all was good..however, that was after a cold start...I think I need to wait until it starts happening (it happens every time, after I play for a bit)...then while it's happening, doing a switch test...
If I figure it out, I'll make sure to post the root cause...I thought it might be some sort of sensor getting stuck...I haven't noticed if it happens on it's own, or after a ball has passed through the LB...
Thanks for input...

Matt

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside