IMG_1189_(resized).JPG
IMG_1190_(resized).JPG
opto_wires_(resized).jpg
paddle_wheel_entry_(resized).jpg
paddle_wheel_area.jpg
opto.png
mavsw.jpg
666_500_csupload_22556197_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frostymug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

Just a fyi friends. Although I sold my Mav a month ago, it worked flawlessly for the prior 4 years. I had opto issues in the beginning. Took every one off and reflowed the solder on every joint. Opto, resistor...I reflowed all. Never had an issue again. Did my Judge Dredd also.I remember specificaly one opto moved just teeny weeny back and forth on the pcb board. All so small a distance...could not see with eyes but fingers felt the movement. My point is obviously that one must not have been a good connection. Theses solder joints get micro stress cracks in them over time. All the items, usually, on the pcb board are actually fine...just that cracks developed and then Bam! Intermittent opto issues because electrical continuity is not consistent!

If you obtain used replacements (heck, even new) aI suggest reflowing the solder just to be on the safe side.

Merry Xmas!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frostymug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-optos-problem-usally-fixes-not-helping?tu=frostymug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.