(Topic ID: 102991)

Maverick is going nuts!!!~?~>~=~...

By Ockeyhead

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tom_in_NoVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

Hello, I don't know what the cause of your issue is, but please help by not randomly replacing parts.

When you replaced the drop target, did you replace any of the switches? Check the diodes on the drop target switches and other nearby switches under the playfield, to verify they have not been inadvertently pushed into contact with any metal surfaces or wiring. Your problem sounds like some sort of short to me.

Best regards,

Tom

#6 9 years ago

When you replaced the drop target, did you have to remove any coils? When reinstalling the coils, you need to make sure they are properly oriented, so that the metal tabs on the coil are not making contact with the metal bracket that holds them.

I myself have made the unfortunate mistake of poking around the bottom of a playfield only to inadvertently close a switch, or bend a diode on a switch into the switch wire. I'm not saying that is what is going on here, but again, it sounds like a short on something. I lean towards the cause of the DMD not working being the result of some sort of failure in the CPU caused by a playfield short.

It seems like the Lauren Belle relay is involved. Just follow the wires on that relay to make sure that nothing has gotten pinched.

Good luck,

Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tom_in_NoVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-is-going-nuts?tu=Tom_in_NoVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.