(Topic ID: 79446)

Maverick fan thread - We play till we drop, winner takes all!

By Atomicboy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240226_223007_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240226_222930_Drive (resized).jpg
20240222_210202 (resized).jpg
20240216_142231 (resized).jpg
received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
20200925_185254 (resized).jpg
20200925_185257 (resized).jpg
20210828_201935 (resized).jpg
20200925_185532 (resized).jpg
53415059268_1b22224a28_k (resized).jpg
53414895296_ffe0add29c_k (resized).jpg
53415332005_8a9522bfd1_k (resized).jpg
20231030_163435 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
unnamed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

I'll join. Proud Maverick owner here. It is definitely a challenging game. I still haven't gotten through all the modes yet for the wizard mode. I've been close. I haven't had it very long, but 3 billion is my top so far. Lauren Bell is a super lucrative mode, followed by Angel's Revenge and Coop's Cash. Bank Heist is only good if you can hit the hidden captive ball and Stage Coach is nothing to get excited about points wise. I love playing blackjack for points and kick back too. I've started to ignore multiball as the big points aren't really there unless you have super pops going.

Right now, my drop targets are all out for replacing since one snapped on me and I am putting in a new right ramp, but I can't wait to get it back up and running again.

#16 10 years ago

I think I have almost two full plastic sets for Maverick too if anyone needs and plastics.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I like it. I don't mind waiting. I think the complaining about it from some, and the reason they sold the machine or won't buy it because of this is a little over the top. I mean 4-5 seconds - man, first world problems huh?

No doubt. Paddlewheel doesn't bother me in the least.

#50 10 years ago

I am installing a brand new ramp in my Maverick. I have to rivet the old ramp flap to the new ramp. Anyone know the best tool to use for that so that the rivets look as close to original as possible? Most hand tools do rivets that have the dimples, where ramp flaps are have normally convex rivets where they bulge out a little like a button. Is there a cheap tool that does rivets this way that anyone knows about?

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Does it really look that different to be of a concern. This is certainly something that I honestly have not said to myself "I have to inspect the rivets to see if they look original. If they do the job...It's just not something that I would waste any time worrying about, IMO.

No, I normally wouldn't bother at all. Just checking to see if there was an easy way to do the other rivets since right now I don't have any rivet gun at all.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

This one pic captures a couple of the mods I have done on Maverick.
>Poker border on the inside cabinet wall.
>Light inside the Lauren Belle
>Smokestacks on the Lauren Belle
>Playing card spotlight shield on the back wall

188382-i.jpg 81 KB

Did you make those? I would like to see something that matches the back mountain plastic. Would fit well with having the Lauren Bell as well. My sides are all scraped out though, so I would have to fix those and make sure whatever is causing it doesn't happen again first.

1 week later
#65 10 years ago

Anyone have any good custom instruction and pricing cards for Maverick? I couldn't find anything out there. Might have to ask a graphic artist co-worker to whip something up for me.

1 week later
#69 10 years ago

Can any of my fellow Maverick brethren take some pics of the back of the playfield for me? I specifically need behind the back left flash to see how that hooks up (mine is missing the wiring) and the back right side by the flasher there. Those clear plastics that cover the ramp are messed up on mine. I appreciate any help! Thanks!

#71 10 years ago

Curious as to what other Maverick owners have for clear plastic and/or flasher covers in the back right corner on their Mavericks? Can you guys take a look at the pics in this Maverick pic thread and chime in on what you have?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-playfield-pics#post-1488808

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from the4horse:

I have the clear cover on the right hand side that follow the shape of the ramp. I don't think I could ever launch the ball hard enough to make it necessary to stop a wayward ball, but I like to leave things as they are otherwise I'll just misplace the parts...

I finally got mine back together (thanks everyone for the help). I left off the plastic cover and not even a hint of airballs, so no issues for me. My plastic cover was all broken anyway. I think it is mainly there so the ball can't somehow get through the playfield cut out in the upper right hand corner.

#74 10 years ago

Thought this thread might appreciate this. Got the game back together and was playing a few games tonight. Nothing special ball 1 except that my kick back stopped working correctly unless the ball was screaming down the left outlane. Anything less and the game would miss fire the kick back and I would lose the ball. Ball 2 was crazy. 800+ on Lauren Bell. I found out the shot maxes out at 100 million plus the award each time. I hit 14 orbit shots during the mode and got 2 extra balls during it. Was killing it after that and had my best game ever. Lost 2 more balls during the game on the faulty kick back...oh what could have been...

!!!!!!1-861.jpg!!!!!!1-861.jpg
4 months later
#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

BTW, another friend of mine made some sweet ass cards! I'll post a photo of them. He's an artist and is making them for all my machines, and they are really nice.

Did you ever post these cards? I would love to see them.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Keep in mind popular machines had an easy to obtain MB, to keep non-pinheads shovelling in quarters. It's not as bad as other DE's, as they had a guaranteed MB on the start of the third ball, which in home use is super annoying, as is the case with your TFTC. At least Mav doesn't have that.
Besides, loading up the 4 ball MB, and 3x jackpots isn't real easy, and cashing out that super after the first three is hard too, but always fun, as it requires a lot of rebounds up below the VUK.

The Super Jackpot is ridiculous. I think I have hit it once...ever. The shot is so tight and there is nothing, minus a full left orbit shot on the fly, that sets up the upper flipper for that shot.

3 months later
#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Rob Anthony (borygard) here is good with these boards.

2nd that. He has fixed a few boards for me with great results.

2 weeks later
#231 9 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

noticed that some photos of the 3 drops have a joker on them. Mine does not but it calls out the correct card. whats the deal?

The decal sets came with a couple "wild card" joker stickers. That way you could use it to replace any broken drop target and not have to have the correct card number and suit.

1 month later
#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

$150?!?!
Not long ago they were all over the online stores, MAD, BAA, all for around $30... I should have grabbed one then.
Man, for $1 you can make your own and still have 47 cards left over to boot!

I know. I was actually given mine for free from another user. Seems this would be easy to repro as it's just cards and not anyone's intellectual property.

1 month later
#266 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Thanks I did and had lots of fun and also did a little cleaning of the playfield.
I've now read through this entire fan thread. Now I'm copying of several things for reference and grateful for the very useful info. many have posted.

Here are all the plastics I have left...

!!!6.jpg!!!6.jpg
3 weeks later
#299 9 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Thanks man. As a side note I am not impressed with the quality of these decals. Hopefully looks better installed.

The decal quality is terrible. I had the same issue. Just feels like paper, no protection at all. I mylared over each drop target after applying the decal to protect them. Without that, they would have been beaten up and torn from ball strikes in no time.

#301 9 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I can't get to this bulb. Help! I removed entire screw in back and nut off of VUK but do I have to remove entire VUK to get to the bulb?

20150224_145029.jpg 218 KB

Remove it from underneath the playfield. It is a mess of wires in that area, but that's what I did.

4 months later
#422 8 years ago

Just got my Maverick back to working 100% and I finally joined the Poker Championship Wizard Mode club. Felt good to finally get there.11206973_10205863702944704_3857111147385709227_n.jpg11206973_10205863702944704_3857111147385709227_n.jpg

5 months later
#492 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Can anyone tell me what type of rivet (part number if possible) and tool(s) I need to attach the topper to the L brackets?

I just used small bolts with nuts on the backend. No need to rivet it.

1 year later
#619 7 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

Couple questions:
1) Does anyone know where to get a replacement Lauren Belle housing?
2) For the captive ball mode, how are you supposed to feed it to that upper flipper? My left orbit always goes to the boat - is that correct?

1) No.
2) It shouldn't always go to the boat, it should also loop around which is the only way to feed that shot. It's a very tough shot.

3 months later
#648 7 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

What is the going rate? Thanks.

I recently sold my Maverick for $1500 to help fund my Wrestlemania. I've seen people try for $1700, but it seems the game just sits at that price. Mine had the topper, brand new ramp and I went through and replaced and cleaned all the drop targets and the drop target banks. Outer cabinet was good, inner cabinet had scratches from where the wireforms gouged it when raising and lowering the playfield. It's a fun, challenging game. I didn't really want to sell it, but it was low game on the totem pole and one needed to go for space and $$$ purposes if another was coming in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.