(Topic ID: 79446)

Maverick fan thread - We play till we drop, winner takes all!

By Atomicboy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240226_223007_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240226_222930_Drive (resized).jpg
20240222_210202 (resized).jpg
20240216_142231 (resized).jpg
received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
20200925_185254 (resized).jpg
20200925_185257 (resized).jpg
20210828_201935 (resized).jpg
20200925_185532 (resized).jpg
53415059268_1b22224a28_k (resized).jpg
53414895296_ffe0add29c_k (resized).jpg
53415332005_8a9522bfd1_k (resized).jpg
20231030_163435 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
unnamed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#734 6 years ago

Joined the club today. It's in transit to me. I'll post pics once it gets here....Heehaw!

3 years later
#1495 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I just got around to start working on my Maverick that was sitting for a long time....I got it mostly working except the paddle wheel motor is not turning....(it was working before disassembly) .I measured the voltage in the connector and got approx 3.5VAC but I get nothing at the motor.....am I doing something wrong, what should look for?

Edit: I discovered some of the high power section is not working....which is weird the flippers, VUK and flashers work but not the pops, paddlewheel, slings or diverter
I looked it up they have the 32v red power wire in common...BR2 is good, found F5 blown, replaced fuse, it immediately blew again.

Added over 2 years ago:

Well, it turned out to be the caps on the powerboard ....so the C2 and C3 and C7 were replaced and now the game boots.

1 month later
#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Looking for a NOS pair of optos for the Lauren Belle entrance on Maverick. I can't find them in stock anywhere (in US). Thanks!
[quoted image]

I had issues with the front ones and reflowed solder on them and they worked fine after that.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

This is the entrance opto. Which is a mf'n pain in the ass to get to. I reflowed the original optos several times before buying these replacement optos a few years back. Now these are crapping out. If I can't find new ones I will reflow them and cross my fingers.

Yeah, I tore my down for a shop job..honestly once I started it took like 20 minutes to remove all the wire form and ramps. Just take some pics of the plastics to speed up reassembly. Also reflow solder on everything not just the optos. Lastly if you're handy you can just replace the optos, they're like 2 bucks on mouser.

Infrared emitters: QED123
Infrared detectors: QSD124

1 week later
#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I have had a problem for a long time with my flippers where either switch activated all three flippers. I bought a replacement Rottendog board and continued to have the problem. I decided to try to fix my original DE Flipper board. I replaced Q2 (Tip32C), SR1 (IRFZ34N) and Q3 (Tip36C). Now the left flipper & right upper work correctly but the right lower flipper chatters. The upper right flipper does not have an end of stroke switch; is that correct? Any thoughts on other parts I may need to replace or potential fixes.

Flipper chatter is usually caused by the leaf switch behind the flipper button. Some rare times the hold circuit of the coil that's on its way out may also cause it...meter it and check the solder work.

1 week later
#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

This evening I removed the 4 opto sensors in the Lauren Belle and reflowed solder on them. I don’t think I messed anything up. Hopefully, they will work reliably now. Yesterday, it was not locking a second ball, but seems ok now.
Visually is there a way to look at the optos and tell they are working or aligned properly/improperly?
I didn’t really see any obvious cold solder cracks when I reflowed everything.

Most times it's one of the optos, but sometimes it's the connector with the 2 wires. But reflowing solder on all the connections is the right way to go.

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

Does anyone know what part number the connectors are for the entrance opto? My are soldered to the board

There are 2 types...one is the IDC type then there is the Molex type....the molex is the preferred method but you need to get a crimper. The IDC you just use a tool and slam the wire down on the sharp contacts. But if it's working and solders to the board correctly just leave it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0334-00

you can always cut the connector to the size you need with an exacto kinfe or something similar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.