(Topic ID: 79446)

Maverick fan thread - We play till we drop, winner takes all!

By Atomicboy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240226_223007_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240226_222930_Drive (resized).jpg
20240222_210202 (resized).jpg
20240216_142231 (resized).jpg
received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
20200925_185254 (resized).jpg
20200925_185257 (resized).jpg
20210828_201935 (resized).jpg
20200925_185532 (resized).jpg
53415059268_1b22224a28_k (resized).jpg
53414895296_ffe0add29c_k (resized).jpg
53415332005_8a9522bfd1_k (resized).jpg
20231030_163435 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
unnamed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#920 4 years ago

Hey Jim did you work it out hope u did

5 months later
#1121 4 years ago

Looking for a Maverick if anyone looking to sell thanks,

2 months later
#1166 4 years ago

Looking for one also anyone looking too let one go let me know

6 months later
#1342 3 years ago

Hi all back in the club the playfield lights are dimming too bright and dim again I checked PS and PPB they are working like they should would it be CPU board all the playfield wires plug in there ?any help would be great thanks

1 month later
#1383 3 years ago

In for sure

#1384 3 years ago

Has anyone got decals from .retrorefurbs

#1388 3 years ago

No first for me too maybe someone made that one up somehow looks good

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

I actually started working briefly on a vac form/3d print project back in March when I had a lot of free time, but ended up getting sidetracked before I could prefect it. [quoted image]

Looking great so far should turn out good with more time lots of people will love getting one of theses

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

I mean, I could go two ways with it, keep refining the thermoforming, or just go the 3d printed route.
As of right now, the printer I got my hands on doesn't have a big enough print bed to accommodate the full model. The model I used for forming was printed in 2 pieces, which is why you see the seams.
I've been toying with the idea of getting a larger printer, but need to justify the cost. Unless I could produce enough of these to just pay for itself.
That all depends on interest and the expectations. If someone is looking to have an original 1 exact repro, this probably isn't for them. I'm all for getting things as close as possible, but obviously within my limits.

Well to me it looks great and coming along just fine and I think there's lots of people on here wants them remade and all the Maverick I have owned and seen they all need them

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Yes, I've purchased art blades from them multiple times. They haven't disappointed me yet. I do believe they're not based in the US so it might take a while to get your product. Covid

Thanks for the reply they been great too me also

#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Speaking of, does anyone have a color match for the brown on these cabs? Is there some magical Rustoleum spray can that is a near perfect match?
Also, does anyone make stencils? I don't see any on Pinball Pimp.

I find Tudor brown here in Canada is what I use its close too Macerick brown

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Perfect! I can even get that in spray cans, which should make it nice for touchups.

I am not sure but I haven't tryed in spray ,what I do is I mix it for air spray

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Yes, I've purchased art blades from them multiple times. They haven't disappointed me yet. I do believe they're not based in the US so it might take a while to get your product. Covid

Thanks has anyone ordered Maverick decals before

#1406 3 years ago

Does anyone know why the lights in the backbox only one line works ,there two lines up there ,the brown and white wires is the one that's out ?

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Probably a burned GI connector for that string, where it connects to the MPU/Driver board.

I went though them looks fine when I got the machine one was burned but I changed it with a new one ,maybe the wire is not in there right will check thanks

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Did you also replace the pin on the board where the burned connector was? You generally need to do that as well.

No I did not it wasn't the connector that runs the backboard lights ,don't they go too the ppb and only the top half is not working ?any ideas too try thanks

#1412 3 years ago

Update I found a wire lose on the PPB top left that runs the backbox lights thanks

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Walking through the paint isle at Walmart, I may have found a near perfect color. Rustoleum Gloss Espresso. Here is just a quick test spray on a busted corner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a real close match too Maverick does anyone else think this is good for Maverick thanks

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Is this a real close match too Maverick does anyone else think this is good for Maverick thanks

Does anyone know if this the the best match too a Maverick paint ,thanks for any help

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Like I said French Roast is pretty close
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6069-french-roast
I have a piece of wood rail from inside the cabinet i'm going to take to get color matched, I'll let you know what I come up with,

Ok great please do thanks again

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have read in the past and just today again when searching, Krylon Fusion Gloss Espresso was a pretty dam good match.
ebay.com link » Krylon K02707007 Spray Paint Gloss Espresso 12 Oz

Yes in this post one guy said gloss Espresso is close too and others say others I am finding there lots that are close but they all can't be close one of them all has too be better then the others ,what I am trying too do is too restore my Maverick too match up too the brown and as of right now I still can't find one that is a true close match ,thanks guys

1 week later
#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

It is not an exact match. It is a shade or two darker. But under normal light, it is a damned close match.

Ok great bud thanks for the help

1 week later
#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Walking through the paint isle at Walmart, I may have found a near perfect color. Rustoleum Gloss Espresso. Here is just a quick test spray on a busted corner.

I picked up some of the Espresso it's a real close match

1 week later
#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Sorry man. I haven’t gotten to the paint store to match that piece of inner rail.
I picked up a project PoTO that has had my full attention.

Np bud thanks

#1431 3 years ago

I have been looking for a plastic set for a Maverick ,new or good used ones please let me know what u have thanks

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Marco has brand new plastic sets for the table. I jsut bought one a couple months ago.

I seen that set but it's missing the one piece I need,it's the plastic beside the boat

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Know a guy that has NOS sling plastics for sale if you’re going to try and piece a set together.

Thanks for the reply but I have a set of the sling plastics thanks anyways

#1439 3 years ago

Found plastic set thanks everyone

2 months later
#1442 3 years ago

Maverick calls for 09-5050-30 upper flipper coil I can't seem to find any ? Or does anyone know what's a good replacement for that coil

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

I assume that's a typo and should be 090-5050-30.
Some Stern manuals have a coil list for all previous DE/Sega/Stern's in the back and TSPP manual lists 090-5032-00 as suitable for the Maverick Upper Right flipper. Both Marco and Pinball Life carry 090-5032-OT which might work?

Yes that's right 090-5050-30 sorry about that ok thanks for the info bud

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

PinballMedic does list the 090-5032-OT as being compatible with Maverick:
https://www.pinballmedic.net/coilchart.html

That's great thanks so much again bud
Stay safe

1 month later
#1449 2 years ago

Does anyone have a NOS Maverick PF for sale

1 month later
#1457 2 years ago

Does anyone know if anyone makes the decals that goes on the main ramp that says 1,2and 3 on the right side ?

#1458 2 years ago

Or can anyone make them ,or any ideas

#1459 2 years ago

Or can anyone make them ,or any ideas

Bump

#1460 2 years ago

Has anyone seen or know where I can get the three decals that goes on the main plastic ramp on the lower right side .
Thanks

1 month later
#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

I couldn't find these but I used mailbox stickers that are gold and looks better

Good idea thanks

2 months later
#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from Randypullman:

Hello, I'm looking for a mint Lawren Belle and a factory fix for optic. I asked Mayfair and he suggested this form. Thank you very much....

There's a guy on here ,he has a post about making the Lawren Belle ,so far after he get them really good he will be selling them as for optic I changed my last year too factory but most things from the PF needs too come off ,not a easy one

#1498 2 years ago

There's a guy on here ,he has a post about making the Lawren Belle ,so far after he get them really good he will be selling them as for optic I changed my last year too factory but most things from the PF needs too come off ,not a easy one

Name is prodigal1

2 weeks later
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Considering LEDS for the playfield inserts. For those of you who have LEDS under the inserts what do you use? I am thinking Comet 2SMD clear lenses...but which white would be best? Pics would be awesome too, especially of the white inserts.
Also, any ghosting issues? Thanks!

Yes for sure LEDs in Maverick ,I did all of my last year and looks great ,I used comet LEDs and matched the insert them self

#1504 2 years ago

Anyone happen to know how many 555s and how many 47s are needed for just the inserts? Would 50 of each be enough? Are these ok? They aren't non-ghosting.
[quoted image]

Ya 50 of each should be good ,I don't remember which ones are in my game though but they are comet for sure and the brighter white ones I can take pics when I can

#1505 2 years ago

Anyone happen to know how many 555s and how many 47s are needed for just the inserts? Would 50 of each be enough? Are these ok? They aren't non-ghosting.
[quoted image]

Here's some pic not the best pics but it's my iPad lol

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Wow! I watched the last few minutes and it was really neat to see the Poker Championship. #goals

Yea I have got the Poker Championship a few times and it's great too get that ,I played for a hour and a bit hands get sore lol but great game all around

1 week later
#1515 2 years ago

Looking for a NOS pair of optos for the Lauren Belle entrance on Maverick. I can't find them in stock anywhere (in US). Thanks!
[quoted image]

I think I got my on eBay

#1517 2 years ago

That's where I bought the pair I currently have. They are no longer available on Ebay.

Wow didn't know that now he should be making more ,they sell

3 weeks later
#1532 2 years ago

I fixed mine but glad to know he is still making them!

They are a great seller ,it's great he's making them still

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

NEW Opto Board Pair for Sega Maverick - Parts 520-5102-00 and 520-5103-00 are back up on EBay ebay.com link: itm

Great news

1 month later
#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m in the club!! What an adventure getting it in the house. As I was taking into it out of the suv I realized the leg bolts did not screw into the brackets inside the cabinet. They were tightened with nuts that fell of into the cabinet when the legs were removed for transport. All 4 legs. I do not use a hand truck. I have a buddy that we coffin carry pins around my house onto my walk out basement. About 250 feet. I like to carry pins with the legs on so we can set it down and regrip if needed.
Had to get the playfield up to find the nuts in the back of the cabinet. What an adventure. Ordered some brackets so I or anyone else wont have to deal with that again.
I have a few flashers not working despite new Leds. Some don’t carry continuity between sockets so I must have a bad connection somewhere. I don’t see any broken wires.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi bud welcome too the club I see someone put Williams and Bally legs on that Maverick ,it's a great game I love my

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. I had no idea about the legs. Are they the same size/length as data East?

No Williams legs are 28 1/2 long and Data East are 30 1/2 long

2 weeks later
#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I got my new ramp yesterday, so I spent a couple hours today, stripping the old one and cleaning up and polishing the parts and getting them moved over. I still have to do the flap and the habitrail lock plates.
The stickers were unobtainable it seemed, so I carefully peeled mine off and used Mylar to reapply them to the underside of the new ramp.
I was too lazy and impatient to scan them and have them printed. Sorry.
Hopefully I’ll be playing tomorrow!

Hi bud where did u get the new ramp from

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Planetary Pinball!
It is New old Stock

Right on ,are they any good ,thanks bud

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

It has a couple minor scratches on it, but other than that it looked just like the one I had, prior to smashing it! The table is up and playing now, with the new ramp. I still have to solve the issue with my 10’s lights being on if any other controlled lamp is on. But it sure is nice to play it again!

That's great too hear bud and always nice too play Maverick again ,Maverick is a great pin all around

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Yes it is there as well.
I put my first respectable score on it today.
[quoted image]

Nice bud my highest too date is 5,something but that only happen one time and I can't bet it lol ,my hands was sore after that game

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I have a score like that on my Addams Family. 1.6 billion I think. Been trying to best it for 6 years. It was like an hour long game, with 3 mansion tours and a shit ton of multiballs.
I had to show my EM tech up at the shop. He was trash talking me, because he beat me our first two games and put the first score on my table
Prodigal was working on making new boat. He was REALLY close, then vanished.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-boat-lauren-belle

How sweet is that nice going ya when your playing a game for a hour or so your hands get sore lol

1 week later
#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

So... Being sick and tired of dealing with the Optos over and over and over, I stripped all three transmitters bare, threw the bare, solder free boards, into the ultra sonic, then installed all new components and the brightest red LEDs I had.
So far, no more issues.

Great to hear I changed all my too and been great

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

are you guys talking about the sensors for the lauren belle?

Yes I am anyways

2 weeks later
#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

So far it sounds like the only compelling argument to not sell Maverick is because I will regret selling it.
People seem to like it because it is difficult.
Unfortunately, I am getting to the point where I am not enjoying it because of the difficulty.
I'll give the 5 ball a go here for a while. I'll report back if I manage to make it to the Poker Championship.
I might get more enjoyment out of selling Maverick and buying a Flash.

I have had 3 Mavericks over 25years plus and after a long I got used too it and now it's the best game so for me it's a keeper and it's really a easy game but takes time too get used too it ,great fun game all around

2 months later
#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

In earlier posts I have talked about my flipper problems. Initially my lower right flipper fluttered. I purchased a Rottendog board, and the left flipper button causes all the flippers to actuate. My son now owns a JP which has the same 3 flipper setup, so I had him try both boards. On the original DE board, the right flipper still flutters but the Rottendog board works correctly. He is now using the Rottendog board, and I am using his JP flipper board which is working correctly in my Maverick. Strange.

That is strange but if it works it works

#1650 1 year ago

Yep. Probably something slightly out of spec. Enough to cause an issue in Maverick but not JP.

Yea for sure ,never heard of that before that is a odd one for sure

2 weeks later
#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Ante up pardners, got a new club member today! I picked up a project game today at a good price. It needs a lot but should clean up nice. It's been home use for the last 25 years, and appears to have had very few plays as well as very little maintenance. Upper flipper not working, broken drop target, etc. It all seems fairly minor though. Any must have mods? I mean like functional ones, like the saucer mod for AFM that looks like it could have been factory. I see Comet doesn't have a kit, I guess I will have to build one. Maybe they can use it on their site in the future to help others. Also, the DMD on the left side has sort of a rough semicircle shape that isn't as bright as the rest. I've never seen that before, has anyone else? I'll check the cables and such when I get it set up, however I don't think that will fix it. Very odd. Too tired to haul it downstairs tonight but I'll post a pic soon.

Welcome too the club great game all around when u get it set up and go though it all and see what it needs too get it all working again enjoy

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Thanks, it's playing rough right now but it's still actually fun. I think it will be great when finished. So here's a couple things I've never seen, however I've also never owned a large DMD game. You can see in the pics the left side is dim. I reseated the cables and no change. Anyone seen this before? I'm almost certain it's a sign of failure and there's no fix. Also, there's some strange dust on the board. It seems something has failed or is in the process of dying.

Ya I think your right but I have never seen the Dmd do that ether I have only seen lines or dots out or not working but never that ,seems too be weak in that area my guess as for your board my was the same thing I was told it from heat ,I just cleaned my and my seems too be fine

#1655 1 year ago

And sometimes I was told if they are in bad shape should be changed but I would just clean it all and see what happens from there ,the board doesn't look that bad at all

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Yeah the board seems fine. I'll wipe it down. I guess I'll live with the display for now and eventually go with color DMD. This cracked me up today, I guess they called this flasher close enough
[quoted image]

Wow hey

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

My son quotes the, "Extra ball is lit!" call out when we play High Speed. It's funny. I admit that I am missing my Maverick a little. Drop targets are a lot of fun. I would be open to owning this pin again in the future when I have more room. The machine has a lot of great features for the price.

I hope u get one again your right it is a great fun pin all around for sure

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Are there supposed to be diodes on the flipper coils? I just looked and mine have none. I haven't owned a DE in a long time so maybe they don't. I don't see it shown in the manual either

Yes I just looked on my

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Well, that's a problem. Not sure why they would have been removed but thanks

NP bud Ya for sure ,have a look and see which coils are on there maybe it's not the right ones for it

2 months later
#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Looks like we are getting very close to having new Lauren Belle boats available!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-boat-lauren-belle/page/2#post-7165778

Yes we are and it's been over a year and we are all very happy the owner never gave up and keep going on this Maverick boat thanks so much again

2 weeks later
#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Need some help with the paddlewheel motor assembly. My original gears wore out so I purchased a new assembly from Marco 3 months ago. Now it makes a loud buzzing noise but still works. Is there something that will fix this or did I get a bad unit? Thanks

Could try taking it out and trying too run it when it's not in there too find out if it's the unit it self or something else

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

The buzzing comes from the circled area. Think of a relay buzzing on an em.
[quoted image]

Ok I will check my and see if it does the same thing will let u know

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

The buzzing comes from the circled area. Think of a relay buzzing on an em.
[quoted image]

It does make noise when it's running but you can't hear it and with the glass on it but I don't think it does a buzzing sound my is a running sound when it's working ,I wouldn't think it should be buzzing sound

3 months later
#1695 1 year ago

Hi all Maverick owners just so everyone’s knows here that Prodigal1 has made new boats and stickers for the Maverick pinball machine order yours now maybe even two before they are gone ,he he had a ad on Pinside too order

#1696 1 year ago

Hi all Maverick owners here is the new boat and stickers installed on my Maverick I just got my today and so happy with it ,order yours or for a spare https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-boat-lauren-belle

026BDAA8-ED29-4F38-93E5-71CE8C6C07A8 (resized).jpeg026BDAA8-ED29-4F38-93E5-71CE8C6C07A8 (resized).jpegA0D899C1-8F68-4CF1-9F59-1FD3532BA31C (resized).jpegA0D899C1-8F68-4CF1-9F59-1FD3532BA31C (resized).jpegB6C7F191-E99D-4212-8F95-7CA067EF95A7 (resized).jpegB6C7F191-E99D-4212-8F95-7CA067EF95A7 (resized).jpegFC7808D0-6360-493F-830E-442C1A6D82FD (resized).jpegFC7808D0-6360-493F-830E-442C1A6D82FD (resized).jpeg
#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Both boats look great William! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks for making this happen for all the Maverick owners

#1699 1 year ago

Too any Maverick owner it’s well worth ,it makes your Maverick pop or even for a spare ,I am so happy with the new boats

1 week later
#1700 1 year ago

Hi all Maverick owners here is the new boat and stickers installed on my Maverick I just got my today and so happy with it ,order yours or for a spare https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-boat-lauren-belle
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bump too all Maverick owners great idea too get spare boats or replace the one u have now ,I know if the ball hits the boat the right way they do break ,I am so happy with the ones I got it makes the Maverick look like new again

1 month later
#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from Timberhusk:

Paddle wheel question. Is the paddle wheel is in two parts, are they supposed to be "glued" together? Right now the larger half that moves the ball rotates while the thinner outer half remains still. Seems like they should rotate together.
[quoted image]

I beleave they are as one and moves together

#1711 1 year ago

I beleave they are as one and moves together

And I beleave they are two pics though

#1713 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

So my maverick starts up but has no dmd display and no sound... Then after about a minute or so the sound will start to attempt to come on, sometimes a hiccup here or there where it plays that horn sound a few times and then starts playing fine and then after a couple minutes ish the dmd display will come on a play fine. If this was an arcade: power supply easy replacement. I'm assuming it's something similar ya... And if so how do I replace? Pinball not exactly the same easy power supply replacement, atleast not that I know of. Or is it something else and I'm way off?

This happen too me ,my was the cord that goes too the DMD too the power check both end it doesn’t take much but my it was going on and off and sometimes always off

#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

OK that sounds like a pretty easy fix. Does that mess with your sound as well or just the display? Also I was a bit confused by what you wrote, how did you fix your issue of the cord...? Replacing it?

U might have two things dmd and sound check both but in my case I changed the ends but u can try resetting the two wires pull them out cut the old off them reset them back in there ,do u have the tool for resetting. Them back in

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

no i do not, didnt even know that was a thing thats why I assume you just replaced the whole cable.

If u can find a new cable not sure about that ,I always buy the new ends and the tool too install the wires right works out great ,just because most wires with the ends on them already most you can't buy so I got in too fixing my own way better

#1720 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

thank you, i will definitely check out this wire and see what tools I have to do this as well, thanks for the info.

Np pinball life and Marco pinball parts has all that stuff

2 weeks later
#1725 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I absolutely LOVE this table.... But I REALLY hate the optos, they are a near constant source of trouble. I desoldered each one and resoldered them when I shopped the table... and since then have had to pull it all apart 2 more times in the last year, just because of opto issues. And guess what? I need to do it again!
Surely there are better solutions now.

Yes it is a pain what I did too my I got new opto and changed both and it's been 5 years now and it's been great

#1727 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Yea, I am tired of dealing with them. I am going to do some digging and see if I can find a better solution.
Maybe an eddy sensor or a magnetic switch.

Just order new opto I had great luck changing my two new 5 years still going great

3 months later
#1735 7 months ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Never owning a Data East game before I wasn’t sure if it was a normal thing.
Thanks for the info.

Welcome bro this is a great game enjoy it love love my

#1738 7 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It is a good one and can be difficult. It will make you a better shooter for sure. I sold mine and am keeping an eye out for another affordable one.

Yes same here I had one for ever then sold it after it was gone I missed it so much so 8 years later I found my old one that I had for ever crazy so I restored it and now never letting it go again ,great playing pin it’s very under rated

#1741 7 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

I got mine fully shopped a few months back. I got a full set of plastics from Marcos Specialties. Here's the part number that the tech sent me that I used to find it:
830-5466-xx playfield plastics set
Not sure if this will be helpful, but I got the paddle wheel belt replaced as well:
545-5513-00 Paddle Wheel belt
You might poke around their website to see if they have the entire paddle wheel as well.
Hope this helps

I think he’s looking for the right plastic ramp and paddle wheel it self ,I got my new spare ramp from PP years back not sure if they have more but u need too redo them as they marks on them because they have moved around a lot over the years I was told ,as for the paddle wheel I have a spare also but might hang on too them might need them one day ,they are hard too find for sure from 1994 and I don’t think they made any repros for them parts

1 week later
#1745 7 months ago

I did track down the ramp, and some other parts.
Now I am looking for the patch.
If anyone has one or knows of someone that might have it, let me know. [quoted image]

Wow I have never seen this before ,what is it for or a wall hanger

#1750 7 months ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

What color is your spring? I've had both with orange Springs and neither had an issue getting up and around.

Yes same here always made it up and around was easy

1 week later
#1757 6 months ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Just joined the club. I got mine yesterday. It needs some tweaks so I will be asking questions occasionally.

Welcome too the club had my for a very very long time and at one point I had two lol great game all around enjoy

#1762 6 months ago

My paddle wheel runs constantly also. But it is not nosy. I have only had my game a few weeks.
But I was thinking about the paddle wheel.

Yes the paddle wheel should not run constantly I am thinking the opto behide the wheel thinks the ball is still there I had too change both of my or they are not line up right ether one

#1764 6 months ago

Mine has a reed relay or so I was told. An extra one was included. I guess I need to investigate further.

Yes my also had that added too it but it's wasn't working as it should so I took all that stuff off and started with two new opto like the was it was and it worked as it should still working as of now

#1767 6 months ago

Reed relay was not installed. Transmit opto was not working. Removed it, cleaned it and now it is transmitting. Haven't had a chance to test it as the mounting hardware is missing. It was glued and cable tied onto the bracket.
The other 2 sets of optos were replaced by switches.
Only thing left is seeing why the Belle motor is so loud. It is a replacement so might be an installation issue.

Yes lots of people in this area just try too patch it and it never works out have too do it the right way too be sure it works for good

#1772 6 months ago

The opto boards on the entrance to the Belle was zip tied to the bracket. Is that correct or should it be screwed some how?

Yes just like the pic shows

#1778 6 months ago

And my paddle wheel doesn’t have any of the opto. It only has this switch. Should I put something else in there. And not sure where to wire them into.
[quoted image]

Wow someone in the passed just used a switch instead not good

1 week later
#1784 6 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I think the Tilt Graphics blades look good. They did not exist when I did my game. I used Mustang blades from PinGraffix because they were the only thing close that was available at the time.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks not bad at all with them on there good job

4 weeks later
#1798 5 months ago

3 sets of optos especially the ones entering the Belle. They are almost always misaligned. When you turn it on it will tell you. Took me forever to get them aligned because they are jammed into a small place.

Yes I got new opto for my and it took awhile too aligned them but when u do works like new again

#1803 5 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Just booted up Maverick today. Has been working fine, but suddenly the DMD is blank. Sound all works fine. Game can be played and seems to run normally. But the display stays black.
I tried reseating all the connectors and ribbon cables. No luck there. What would be the next step?

I had two Mavericks and the one did the same thing and on my it was the two wires black and red wires going too the DMD just check the ends if wires are not right or the solder joints on the boards that's what happen too my

#1805 5 months ago

It would be good too find out why this happens

#1807 5 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

These the wires you're referring to?
[quoted image]

Yes both ends on my game that's what made it go off then I played around with it and tryed too fix it then came back on for a while then a week later back off so not sure at the end that's what it was good luck

#1809 5 months ago

Part of my issue might be that the last socket on the connector is broken off. The lock on header is missing also. Pretty sure that needs to be addressed also.

Yes for sure replace that

1 month later
#1813 3 months ago

Check the two wires red and black on both ends it seems that's what my was at the time did u do that yet

#1816 3 months ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I did reflow that connector. I can check it to make sure it's making it there.

Ok both ends also

#1818 3 months ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Thanks! The power supply molex off the DMD was the issue. I guess about 3 years ago when I bought the pin, (it was home use only and looked flawless) He said he shopped out all the boards. New caps, flowed solder, etc. And he did but even though someone did flow solder on the power supply, it either got cold joint since then or just wasn't soldered well. I re-flowed everything once again for a hail mary. Put everything back in the game and DMD came up rock solid. So even though it looked re-flowed, flow again. When I flow boards, I usually let the solder sit on the pin a few seconds to make sure it all made it through. This did look like someone just touched the pins even though this power supply looks new. Thanks again for your post! It made me look and was the issue!

Np at all I so happy that’s what it was I know on my game it was doing the same thing and I found out that fixed my , nice looking pin u got I have own my for a very long time and it’s a great pin all around enjoy it as I do

1 month later
#1821 53 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Is it me, or does the color DMD on Maverick look great?

Does look good

#1825 49 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Making progress on the display issue I'm having. Turns out the bridge rectifier that connects to the display (BR3) has failed and is likely what is causing the blown fuse (backbox F3). Ordered a new BR. Hopefully installing that will fix the issue.

Let us all know if that what it was

1 week later
#1827 41 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Well, unfortunately, the bridge rectifier was not the issue. I'm pretty sure it's something with the display itself. I don't have one from another machine that will work to test out. Does anyone here whose upgraded to a color dmd maybe want to sell their old display for cheap?

Oh wow that’s to bad that wasn’t it did u reset all ribbon cables and check all plugs

#1829 41 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

I did. That fuse keeps blowing unless I disconnect the connector in the picture. I looked at the board on the dmd, and there's one spot that looks a bit toasty. So a new display should fix it. If I can't find a cheap one, I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a color dmd.

Oh ok ya if that looks toasty then as u said thats should be it for sure ,I always wanted too go with C DMD but so much lol

#1833 41 days ago

I have one that I took out of my Maverick. It was brand new when installed in 2014. I removed when I bought my ColorDMD in 2021 I think? It is flawless. Indistinguishable from new. No hint of burn, fade, cloudiness, or anything else undesirable. Literally looks brand new. Nice bright strong display with many years of life left in it (presumably). Wouldn't be cheap but a couple hundred cheaper than ColorDMD. Could do $350 shipped. Firm on that price. Just PM if interested.

To bad for a few hundred more I will go with the ColorDMD big up grade for sure

#1846 37 days ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

He means the auto launch after you drop thru one of the holes on the launch ramp.
I had your issue. All but one of the screws that held the launch assembly were broken and it twisted and was misaligned. Straightened and added new screws and all was good

Yes needs too be lined up on the nose too be good

#1853 33 days ago

I am trying to fix a friends Maverick I have never seen this before and I own one my self as well but when u but it into play most of the coils are not working ,no ball comes out ether but when u lift up the PF all the way up the odd thing is most of the coils will work and the flippers too but when u put the PF even half down the coils goes back off very odd any ideas

#1856 33 days ago

Broke/loose common wire to affected coils? Making better contact when playfield is lifted?

Thanks I will keep looking for that thanks again

#1857 33 days ago

I had a similar issue with a different machine. Come to find that the wiring close to the cabinet was getting caught. I made sure all of the wiring was further inside the cabinet and it fixed it.

Theres no wires in the Maverick thats getting caught but will check again too make sure thanks

1 week later
#1859 20 days ago

Broke/loose common wire to affected coils? Making better contact when playfield is lifted?

Update I was looking most of the day today and we went though 3 times over under the PF on his Maverick ,we found a few lose wires fixed them but still doing the same thing flippers and most of the coils only works when the PF is lifted up all the way up right and when u lower it some times it stays on or shut off but will always shut off and even when the PF is up right and most of the coils are working and flippers but the two coils for the ball though doesn’t let the ball out of the though or kick the ball up too shot never worked still any ideas what too try next

#1861 19 days ago

I would follow those wires for those coils and look for pinches/bends in the wiring. Being intermittent I bet there is a wire just barely making contact and then it doesn't. Follow the common wire for those troublesome coils back to a coil that has zero problems. When you find a coil that has no problems directly connected with a common wire to a coil that has problems. That is where your issue will be. I had the same type of issue on a Party Zone. Several coils stopped working all of a sudden. When several stop it's probably a broken loose common wire (daisy chained between coils).

Yes that would be it for sure but still can’t find it lol but as u said find a coil that’s working and go from there too the next coil ,so do the coils run in a roll with the common wire ? Thanks

#1863 19 days ago

Yes. There should be several coils that share a common wire. A wire that goes to the exact same coil lug on each coil.
Edit...if it's hard to follow the wires from coil to coil because they're tied up or something...use a meter to check continuity between those identical lugs on the coils that share the common wire (power off of course).

Ok will try that thanks for the help will update when I check that out too see if I can find something

#1866 17 days ago

Yes every game is never the same as for playing and the same goes with angle but if u play with it you will get it the machine like it and plays good

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all?tu=Williampinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.