(Topic ID: 79446)

Maverick fan thread - We play till we drop, winner takes all!

By Atomicboy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240226_223007_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240226_222930_Drive (resized).jpg
20240222_210202 (resized).jpg
20240216_142231 (resized).jpg
received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
20200925_185254 (resized).jpg
20200925_185257 (resized).jpg
20210828_201935 (resized).jpg
20200925_185532 (resized).jpg
53415059268_1b22224a28_k (resized).jpg
53414895296_ffe0add29c_k (resized).jpg
53415332005_8a9522bfd1_k (resized).jpg
20231030_163435 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
unnamed (resized).jpg
There are 1,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 38.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Darkstar1234, that's kinda neat. I'm not familiar with Pinsound. Were you able to modify the game so that it plays different music, instead of that Clint Black song and Amazing grace?
What's all involved in the modification?

Basically on a real pin (that’s a virtual machine but it’s the same), you just swap out boards…other than that, you can indeed change anything about the callouts and sounds you wish…it’s very intuitive with folders you drop X sound or music into.

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkstar1234:

I have a Maverick Pinsound mix I made awhile back…if anyone ever wants it, feel free to ask

Ohhhhh.. I was just about to have my sound board rebuilt, as it is dead... But your pinsound mix is pretty nice! I would definitely be interested.

#1553 2 years ago

You bet! For some weird reason my stomach has been really bad today…but when I get up and at ‘em I’ll upload it and PM you a link.

#1554 2 years ago

You bet! For some weird reason my stomach has been really bad today…but when I get up and at ‘em I’ll upload it and PM you a link.

this is soooooo cool!!!!! why is this the first time I am hearing about this!!! Im going to go and check out pinsound right now and hope it isnt a million dollars. is your custom pinsound mix on there website to be downloaded like that beautiful little tutorial showed us?

#1555 2 years ago

I’m in the club!! What an adventure getting it in the house. As I was taking into it out of the suv I realized the leg bolts did not screw into the brackets inside the cabinet. They were tightened with nuts that fell of into the cabinet when the legs were removed for transport. All 4 legs. I do not use a hand truck. I have a buddy that we coffin carry pins around my house onto my walk out basement. About 250 feet. I like to carry pins with the legs on so we can set it down and regrip if needed.

Had to get the playfield up to find the nuts in the back of the cabinet. What an adventure. Ordered some brackets so I or anyone else wont have to deal with that again.

I have a few flashers not working despite new Leds. Some don’t carry continuity between sockets so I must have a bad connection somewhere. I don’t see any broken wires.

62B40E02-3176-46AD-93BA-3CC2540AFDBB (resized).jpeg62B40E02-3176-46AD-93BA-3CC2540AFDBB (resized).jpegBAFAAA51-8494-4507-A9F0-85EFF1D614C3 (resized).jpegBAFAAA51-8494-4507-A9F0-85EFF1D614C3 (resized).jpegF37CF15C-CD1B-4015-B1D1-B66600E98BC3 (resized).jpegF37CF15C-CD1B-4015-B1D1-B66600E98BC3 (resized).jpeg
#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m in the club!! What an adventure getting it in the house. As I was taking into it out of the suv I realized the leg bolts did not screw into the brackets inside the cabinet. They were tightened with nuts that fell of into the cabinet when the legs were removed for transport. All 4 legs. I do not use a hand truck. I have a buddy that we coffin carry pins around my house onto my walk out basement. About 250 feet. I like to carry pins with the legs on so we can set it down and regrip if needed.
Had to get the playfield up to find the nuts in the back of the cabinet. What an adventure. Ordered some brackets so I or anyone else wont have to deal with that again.
I have a few flashers not working despite new Leds. Some don’t carry continuity between sockets so I must have a bad connection somewhere. I don’t see any broken wires.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi bud welcome too the club I see someone put Williams and Bally legs on that Maverick ,it's a great game I love my

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi bud welcome too the club I see someone put Williams and Bally legs on that Maverick ,it's a great game I love my

Thanks. I had no idea about the legs. Are they the same size/length as data East?

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I have a few flashers not working despite new Leds. Some don’t carry continuity between sockets so I must have a bad connection somewhere. I don’t see any broken wires.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks like you have a different coin door than most ive seen as well... odd. anywho if you are able to get your flashers working let me know, i think i have a similar issue to you and i for the life of me cant get the flashers at my plunger to work.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

looks like you have a different coin door than most ive seen as well... odd. anywho if you are able to get your flashers working let me know, i think i have a similar issue to you and i for the life of me cant get the flashers at my plunger to work.

What flashers are you having issues with? I too am having issues with the 2 on the back left of the play field, behind red cover and under diverter, and one in back box on left side 3/4 way up. Looks like they have black/yellow wire on 2 at least. I don’t have manual or ppw to reference

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

What flashers are you having issues with? I too am having issues with the 2 on the back left of the play field, behind red cover and under diverter, and one in back box on left side 3/4 way up. Looks like they have black/yellow wire on 2 at least. I don’t have manual or ppw to reference

The flashers I am having an issue with:

The two at shooter lane, although I one was working when I first fired it up.

The top flashing insert at pop bumpers

The back right flasher in yellow cap.

I tried reseating connectors but nothing is worked yet. No busted wires that I can see. Any direction you guys can provide is helpful

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. I had no idea about the legs. Are they the same size/length as data East?

No Williams legs are 28 1/2 long and Data East are 30 1/2 long

#1562 2 years ago

Well, my Pinsound board is ordered and shipped.

After reassembly I have an issue with all optos. They have all been reflowed, after the issue was detected, with no change. They are all lit. I can see the light, but interrupting the beam does not register a switch hit. If I jumper the pins at the MPU, I get a switch hit. But once I plug them in, nothing on any of the three sets.

Any thoughts on what my issue might be?

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

the two at the shooter lane for me.

#1564 2 years ago

Maverick is such a fun and difficult game. My space right now is limited to two pins. I'm torn with keeping it or moving on to something else. Maybe I'll take it to Pinfest this year in Allentown, PA and set it up in the free play area and see if anyone makes an offer.

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Maverick is such a fun and difficult game. My space right now is limited to two pins. I'm torn with keeping it or moving on to something else. Maybe I'll take it to Pinfest this year in Allentown, PA and set it up in the free play area and see if anyone makes an offer.

I'll just say this...everyone I know who had Maverick (and liked it) and got rid of it regretted it.

#1566 2 years ago

I do get a ton of air balls. They end up getting stuck all over the place.

I adjusted the ball lock difficulty up a level,moderate or hard I can’t remember. Now it takes a few ramp shots before you can start locking balls. I think it improves the flow as now I can hit a few of the orbits without the ball going into the boat now. I think it’s 3 ramps to open up the first lock, and then 3 more ramps to open up locks two and three. Great game

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'll just say this...everyone I know who had Maverick (and liked it) and got rid of it regretted it.

You are probably right. It has a lot going on, lots of strategy, difficult shots, and is a great value for the money.

#1568 2 years ago

I feel like I asked this, back when I bought my first Maverick, but can't find the post.

So, has anyone ever made an Alternate translight for this table? My wife absolutely HATES Gibson... and hates seeing his face on such a fun table. So I will probably have to come up with something, to keep it in the main collection for long.

Quoted from DanMarino:

I sold a BEAUTIFUL one, for what I thought was an insane price, and regretted it so much, I have spent the last year, restoring a WRECK of a table to replace it.

#1569 2 years ago

Whelp, mine keeps resetting the sound and losing sound. So I guess more is wrong with the power supply beyond the bridge rectifier.

#1570 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to raise and lower the drop targets so they sit flush with playfield?

Edit. I think no figured it out. There is a screw on one side of the bottom plate that appears to adjust the assembly

#1571 2 years ago

I am still searching for a Plastic Ramp and a Lauren Belle, to finish my table. It seems the ramp that CoinOp-Parts had for sale.. is lost. Thus far, they have been unable to locate it to send to me.

So... Who is sitting on a ramp and a boat?
I NEED them.

#1572 2 years ago

My Maverick seems fully functional again. When the bridge rectifier on the power supply board blew a segment, it also took out Fuse #2 on the board. New bridge rectifier and new fuse have it working just fine now.

#1573 2 years ago

Since the Maverick flipper bats are unobtanium, I started thinking about alternatives. Well, I found one!

The original symbols are 8.5mm tall. These are 8mm. I think they will look perfect on the flipper bats. I'll find out in a couple of weeks!

https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/458707506/8-pcs-tiny-suit-playing-card-symbols

#1574 2 years ago

nice idea, that might just be a great alternative

i do still have 1 or 2 used spare bats lying around if anyone really needs them

#1575 2 years ago

My brand new ramp should be here Wednesday! With a little luck, I will have a fully playable table by Thursday evening!

#1576 2 years ago

Attention all cowboys! My game seems to lose track of balls. This always happens in 4 ball multiball. When 2 balls drain and 2 remain on the playfield the game thinks multiball is over.

There may have been a time when my son was playing 3 ball and 2 balls drained the game thought the game was over and flippers died (it was ball 3).

Any ideas? Could I have a bad trough switch? The issue only occurs during a multiball

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Attention all cowboys! My game seems to lose track of balls. This always happens in 4 ball multiball. When 2 balls drain and 2 remain on the playfield the game thinks multiball is over.
There may have been a time when my son was playing 3 ball and 2 balls drained the game thought the game was over and flippers died (it was ball 3).
Any ideas? Could I have a bad trough switch? The issue only occurs during a multiball

Hi Mattyk, I'm relatively new to my Maverick and have only owned it for about 4 months. I'm also new to pinball machine repairs. I have only been doing that for a year.

I would remove all of your pinballs from the machine and then get into the diagnostics menu. I would try and get into the switch test mode and start verifying if the trough switches and Lauren Belle switches are all working properly.

If I remember correctly, the trough switches have diodes on them. So look them over to make sure all of the diodes and wires are soldered up.

On my Maverick I experienced the VUK solenoid not working. It ended up being that one leg of the diode had come unsoldered.

Hopefully, this will get you started and you can post some follow up questions to help trouble shoot.

I've found this trouble shooting website very helpful.
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega

#1578 2 years ago

I have a new issue I have stumbled across. These two lights come on as soon as the machine powers on, then go off, but they are on in every column test and when the table turns off, they stay on for a few seconds.

They were also very bright and melted a bulb, I found q85 was bad and replaced it, but I can’t find another component that is bad. Any ideas? Thanks!

CB3C1C1A-4D3F-4BDD-8338-ED876C6565C7 (resized).jpegCB3C1C1A-4D3F-4BDD-8338-ED876C6565C7 (resized).jpeg
#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I have a new issue I have stumbled across. These two lights come on as soon as the machine powers on, then go off, but they are on in every column test and when the table turns off, they stay on for a few seconds.
They were also very bright and melted a bulb, I found q85 was bad and replaced it, but I can’t find another component that is bad. Any ideas? Thanks!
[quoted image]

On mine, the last two lights (cards on right) light in the beginning and then go off as play starts. Next time I order from comet I’ll grab a couple of non ghosting bulbs to see if that helps

#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

On mine, the last two lights (cards on right) light in the beginning and then go off as play starts. Next time I order from comet I’ll grab a couple of non ghosting bulbs to see if that helps

I doubt if it will. I put incandescent back in and non ghosting leds. No change. Popped in another board and the problem went away. So it is definitely something on the board. But I am not sure what.

#1581 2 years ago

I got my new ramp yesterday, so I spent a couple hours today, stripping the old one and cleaning up and polishing the parts and getting them moved over. I still have to do the flap and the habitrail lock plates.

The stickers were unobtainable it seemed, so I carefully peeled mine off and used Mylar to reapply them to the underside of the new ramp.

I was too lazy and impatient to scan them and have them printed. Sorry.

Hopefully I’ll be playing tomorrow!

5BB0712B-7BDF-41C3-B76D-DDEAA206754B (resized).jpeg5BB0712B-7BDF-41C3-B76D-DDEAA206754B (resized).jpegEB9BBFB8-2B24-467D-9D56-05279B690945 (resized).jpegEB9BBFB8-2B24-467D-9D56-05279B690945 (resized).jpegD3873D98-94C5-48C4-AE4B-E7E5BC5E209A (resized).jpegD3873D98-94C5-48C4-AE4B-E7E5BC5E209A (resized).jpeg
#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Hi Mattyk, I'm relatively new to my Maverick and have only owned it for about 4 months. I'm also new to pinball machine repairs. I have only been doing that for a year.
I would remove all of your pinballs from the machine and then get into the diagnostics menu. I would try and get into the switch test mode and start verifying if the trough switches and Lauren Belle switches are all working properly.
If I remember correctly, the trough switches have diodes on them. So look them over to make sure all of the diodes and wires are soldered up.
On my Maverick I experienced the VUK solenoid not working. It ended up being that one leg of the diode had come unsoldered.
Hopefully, this will get you started and you can post some follow up questions to help trouble shoot.
I've found this trouble shooting website very helpful.
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega

I reflowed the solder on all the trough switches. No difference. Most of the time (not all) the game will think multiball is over when balls are still in play. Only happens after two balls drain in a 4 ball multiball. Switches test good. I was thinking maybe a switch was registering twice but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Lauren bell optos are good. This is weird.

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I got my new ramp yesterday, so I spent a couple hours today, stripping the old one and cleaning up and polishing the parts and getting them moved over. I still have to do the flap and the habitrail lock plates.
The stickers were unobtainable it seemed, so I carefully peeled mine off and used Mylar to reapply them to the underside of the new ramp.
I was too lazy and impatient to scan them and have them printed. Sorry.
Hopefully I’ll be playing tomorrow!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi bud where did u get the new ramp from

#1584 2 years ago

Hi bud where did u get the new ramp from

Planetary Pinball!
It is New old Stock

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Planetary Pinball!
It is New old Stock

Right on ,are they any good ,thanks bud

#1586 2 years ago

Right on ,are they any good ,thanks bud

It has a couple minor scratches on it, but other than that it looked just like the one I had, prior to smashing it! The table is up and playing now, with the new ramp. I still have to solve the issue with my 10’s lights being on if any other controlled lamp is on. But it sure is nice to play it again!

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

It has a couple minor scratches on it, but other than that it looked just like the one I had, prior to smashing it! The table is up and playing now, with the new ramp. I still have to solve the issue with my 10’s lights being on if any other controlled lamp is on. But it sure is nice to play it again!

That's great too hear bud and always nice too play Maverick again ,Maverick is a great pin all around

#1588 2 years ago

I have a Maverick Pinsound mix I made awhile back…if anyone ever wants it, feel free to ask

One more post and I'll stop for a few days. Let me just say, each and every one of you needs to buy the Pinsound board, their cheaper one works fine if you want to save a few bucks. And get this Orchestration from Darkstar1234 ! It is not on Pinsound's site for whatever reason, but it makes the game so much better!!! Even on the 28 year old, factory speakers, the change is amazing! Plus having more songs is a blessing.

#1589 2 years ago

Thanks RandyW, I’m considering that. I like the machine enough to spend some money on it. I don’t know anything about pinsound, so I’ll start watching some YouTube videos.

#1590 2 years ago

I lied. One more post. my poker symbols came in and they are perfect!!

C2A4CC8C-8CD4-4C13-822E-BD74F74FE6E0 (resized).jpegC2A4CC8C-8CD4-4C13-822E-BD74F74FE6E0 (resized).jpeg

FBC16979-7DF0-4065-9595-7A432068CBE7 (resized).jpegFBC16979-7DF0-4065-9595-7A432068CBE7 (resized).jpeg
#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

One more post and I'll stop for a few days. Let me just say, each and every one of you needs to buy the Pinsound board, their cheaper one works fine if you want to save a few bucks. And get this Orchestration from Darkstar1234 ! It is not on Pinsound's site for whatever reason, but it makes the game so much better!!! Even on the 28 year old, factory speakers, the change is amazing! Plus having more songs is a blessing.

do you still get the original clint black song that plays with maverick when you switch it over to darkstars version? even though it is repetitive i super enjoy that song, even when it comes on in the movie i get all jazzed

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

do you still get the original clint black song that plays with maverick when you switch it over to darkstars version? even though it is repetitive i super enjoy that song, even when it comes on in the movie i get all jazzed

Yes it is there as well.

I put my first respectable score on it today.

E6776014-C2A7-43D9-9290-E74ECC734097 (resized).jpegE6776014-C2A7-43D9-9290-E74ECC734097 (resized).jpeg
#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Yes it is there as well.
[quoted image]

That's a serious score! Well done!

#1594 2 years ago

Dang, I struggle to get 300-500 million.

I need a new Lauren Belle. Has anyone ever printed one up?

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Yes it is there as well.
[quoted image]

Nice bud my highest too date is 5,something but that only happen one time and I can't bet it lol ,my hands was sore after that game

#1596 2 years ago

Nice bud my highest too date is 5,something but that only happen one time and I can't bet it lol ,my hands was sore after that game

I have a score like that on my Addams Family. 1.6 billion I think. Been trying to best it for 6 years. It was like an hour long game, with 3 mansion tours and a shit ton of multiballs.

I had to show my EM tech up at the shop. He was trash talking me, because he beat me our first two games and put the first score on my table

Prodigal was working on making new boat. He was REALLY close, then vanished.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-boat-lauren-belle

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I have a score like that on my Addams Family. 1.6 billion I think. Been trying to best it for 6 years. It was like an hour long game, with 3 mansion tours and a shit ton of multiballs.
I had to show my EM tech up at the shop. He was trash talking me, because he beat me our first two games and put the first score on my table
Prodigal was working on making new boat. He was REALLY close, then vanished.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-boat-lauren-belle

How sweet is that nice going ya when your playing a game for a hour or so your hands get sore lol

#1598 2 years ago

When are these cards supposed to light up? Do they correspond with modes, winning streak, type of hands won??

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

When are these cards supposed to light up?

The cards light up to show what hand you are playing against.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

The cards light up to show what hand you are playing against.

Thanks. I feel like there are times when no cards are lit even when I’m playing a hand. I’m gonna pay better attention

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

There are 1,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.