(Topic ID: 79446)

Maverick fan thread - We play till we drop, winner takes all!

By Atomicboy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240226_223007_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240226_222930_Drive (resized).jpg
20240222_210202 (resized).jpg
20240216_142231 (resized).jpg
received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
20200925_185254 (resized).jpg
20200925_185257 (resized).jpg
20210828_201935 (resized).jpg
20200925_185532 (resized).jpg
53415059268_1b22224a28_k (resized).jpg
53414895296_ffe0add29c_k (resized).jpg
53415332005_8a9522bfd1_k (resized).jpg
20231030_163435 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
unnamed (resized).jpg
There are 1,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 38.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Speaking of, does anyone have a color match for the brown on these cabs? Is there some magical Rustoleum spray can that is a near perfect match?
Also, does anyone make stencils? I don't see any on Pinball Pimp.

I find Tudor brown here in Canada is what I use its close too Macerick brown

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

I find Tudor brown here in Canada is what I use its close too Macerick brown

Perfect! I can even get that in spray cans, which should make it nice for touchups.

#1403 3 years ago

Walking through the paint isle at Walmart, I may have found a near perfect color. Rustoleum Gloss Espresso. Here is just a quick test spray on a busted corner.

4DD1CE09-5163-4240-911C-D1A1D7E1209F (resized).jpeg4DD1CE09-5163-4240-911C-D1A1D7E1209F (resized).jpeg7824712D-4988-475B-BD71-CB66ACE9A2A4 (resized).jpeg7824712D-4988-475B-BD71-CB66ACE9A2A4 (resized).jpeg7AFAB99F-043D-424E-B4D9-70DFD1A518F0 (resized).jpeg7AFAB99F-043D-424E-B4D9-70DFD1A518F0 (resized).jpeg
#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Perfect! I can even get that in spray cans, which should make it nice for touchups.

I am not sure but I haven't tryed in spray ,what I do is I mix it for air spray

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Yes, I've purchased art blades from them multiple times. They haven't disappointed me yet. I do believe they're not based in the US so it might take a while to get your product. Covid

Thanks has anyone ordered Maverick decals before

#1406 3 years ago

Does anyone know why the lights in the backbox only one line works ,there two lines up there ,the brown and white wires is the one that's out ?

#1407 3 years ago

Does anyone know why the lights in the backbox only one line works ,there two lines up there ,the brown and white wires is the one that's out ?

Probably a burned GI connector for that string, where it connects to the MPU/Driver board.

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Probably a burned GI connector for that string, where it connects to the MPU/Driver board.

I went though them looks fine when I got the machine one was burned but I changed it with a new one ,maybe the wire is not in there right will check thanks

#1409 3 years ago

I went though them looks fine when I got the machine one was burned but I changed it with a new one ,maybe the wire is not in there right will check thanks

Did you also replace the pin on the board where the burned connector was? You generally need to do that as well.

#1410 3 years ago

Does anyone have a high resolution Playfield scan of this table?
I am going to assist the VPX community in virtualizing this table, while I restore mine. But I do not have the means to scan my playfield.

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Did you also replace the pin on the board where the burned connector was? You generally need to do that as well.

No I did not it wasn't the connector that runs the backboard lights ,don't they go too the ppb and only the top half is not working ?any ideas too try thanks

#1412 3 years ago

Update I found a wire lose on the PPB top left that runs the backbox lights thanks

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Walking through the paint isle at Walmart, I may have found a near perfect color. Rustoleum Gloss Espresso. Here is just a quick test spray on a busted corner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a real close match too Maverick does anyone else think this is good for Maverick thanks

#1414 3 years ago

Is this a real close match too Maverick does anyone else think this is good for Maverick thanks

Does anyone know if this the the best match too a Maverick paint ,thanks for any help

#1415 3 years ago

Does anyone know if this the the best match too a Maverick paint ,thanks for any help

Like I said French Roast is pretty close
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6069-french-roast

I have a piece of wood rail from inside the cabinet i'm going to take to get color matched, I'll let you know what I come up with,

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Like I said French Roast is pretty close
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6069-french-roast
I have a piece of wood rail from inside the cabinet i'm going to take to get color matched, I'll let you know what I come up with,

Ok great please do thanks again

#1417 3 years ago

I have read in the past and just today again when searching, Krylon Fusion Gloss Espresso was a pretty dam good match.

ebay.com link: KRYLON K02707007 Spray Paint Gloss Espresso 12 oz

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have read in the past and just today again when searching, Krylon Fusion Gloss Espresso was a pretty dam good match.
ebay.com link » Krylon K02707007 Spray Paint Gloss Espresso 12 Oz

Yes in this post one guy said gloss Espresso is close too and others say others I am finding there lots that are close but they all can't be close one of them all has too be better then the others ,what I am trying too do is too restore my Maverick too match up too the brown and as of right now I still can't find one that is a true close match ,thanks guys

#1419 3 years ago

Okay question as I cannot find it, is there a way to set time and date in this machine?

#1420 3 years ago

Okay question as I cannot find it, is there a way to set time and date in this machine?

I don't think so.

#1421 3 years ago

It is not an exact match. It is a shade or two darker. But under normal light, it is a damned close match.

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

It is not an exact match. It is a shade or two darker. But under normal light, it is a damned close match.

Ok great bud thanks for the help

#1423 3 years ago

I have a buddies Baywatch at my house it has a color dmd, so I had to test it in my Maverick. Dang it looks really good. There goes $500 bucks going to have to buy one now.

20201111_211755 (resized).jpg20201111_211755 (resized).jpg20201111_212251 (resized).jpg20201111_212251 (resized).jpg
#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I have a buddies Baywatch at my house it has a color dmd, so I had to test it in my Maverick. Dang it looks really good. There goes $500 bucks going to have to buy one now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep I have one in my Baywatch it is f'ing Awesome! ... recurring problem x3 since I have every jumbo DMD game.

But, my Mav has DMD extender with an LCD which is great and gives black and red cards ... so first are Batman Forever and then Frankenstein! ..... but some saving to do before that Lol

#1425 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me what exactly is the laser kick in this game? I really have no clue and in test mode it does nothing as well even with the high voltage cutoff switch pulled out.

#1426 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me what exactly is the laser kick in this game? I really have no clue and in test mode it does nothing as well even with the high voltage cutoff switch pulled out.

Ball save in left outlane.

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Ball save in left outlane.

Thank you.

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I picked up some of the Espresso it's a real close match

1 week later
#1429 3 years ago

I picked up some of the Espresso it's a real close match

Sorry man. I haven’t gotten to the paint store to match that piece of inner rail.

I picked up a project PoTO that has had my full attention.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Sorry man. I haven’t gotten to the paint store to match that piece of inner rail.
I picked up a project PoTO that has had my full attention.

Np bud thanks

#1431 3 years ago

I have been looking for a plastic set for a Maverick ,new or good used ones please let me know what u have thanks

#1432 3 years ago

I have been looking for a plastic set for a Maverick ,new or good used ones please let me know what u have thanks

Know a guy that has NOS sling plastics for sale if you’re going to try and piece a set together.

#1433 3 years ago

Marco has brand new plastic sets for the table. I jsut bought one a couple months ago.

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Marco has brand new plastic sets for the table. I jsut bought one a couple months ago.

I seen that set but it's missing the one piece I need,it's the plastic beside the boat

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Know a guy that has NOS sling plastics for sale if you’re going to try and piece a set together.

Thanks for the reply but I have a set of the sling plastics thanks anyways

#1436 3 years ago

I have a NOS plastic set of 27 pieces available for $125 shipped.

IMG_1105 (resized).jpgIMG_1105 (resized).jpgIMG_1107a (resized).jpgIMG_1107a (resized).jpg
#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I'm still looking for the poker face flipper bats.

still looking for those flipper bats?
I've stripped a maverick playfield this week for some parts for my DIY project, it came with got one spade bat and the heart bat

#1439 3 years ago

Found plastic set thanks everyone

2 months later
#1440 3 years ago

I've got my own Walter Day trading card!

IMG_20210213_150821_989 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_150821_989 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1441 3 years ago

hey Guys, I've looked online and I know there is a bunch of info for sure, but I'm hoping you guys can give me some quick knowledge or lead me in the right direction; my third flipper (the extra upper right one) sometimes will stay up after I hit the flipper button a couple times. Then will fall on its own after sometime has passed or it will stay up till I lose my ball and it resets. How does one go about diagnosing and fixing this problem?

1 week later
#1442 3 years ago

Maverick calls for 09-5050-30 upper flipper coil I can't seem to find any ? Or does anyone know what's a good replacement for that coil

#1443 3 years ago

Maverick calls for 09-5050-30 upper flipper coil I can't seem to find any ? Or does anyone know what's a good replacement for that coil

I assume that's a typo and should be 090-5050-30.

Some Stern manuals have a coil list for all previous DE/Sega/Stern's in the back and TSPP manual lists 090-5032-00 as suitable for the Maverick Upper Right flipper. Both Marco and Pinball Life carry 090-5032-OT which might work?

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

I assume that's a typo and should be 090-5050-30.
Some Stern manuals have a coil list for all previous DE/Sega/Stern's in the back and TSPP manual lists 090-5032-00 as suitable for the Maverick Upper Right flipper. Both Marco and Pinball Life carry 090-5032-OT which might work?

Yes that's right 090-5050-30 sorry about that ok thanks for the info bud

#1445 3 years ago

Yes that's right 090-5050-30 sorry about that ok thanks for the info bud

PinballMedic does list the 090-5032-OT as being compatible with Maverick:
https://www.pinballmedic.net/coilchart.html

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

PinballMedic does list the 090-5032-OT as being compatible with Maverick:
https://www.pinballmedic.net/coilchart.html

That's great thanks so much again bud
Stay safe

3 weeks later
#1447 3 years ago

Hello again Pinside. I picked up a really busted\dirty Maverick for $1300. When I picked it up, it would power up, boot, and make it to the game start sequence with a couple quarters but would reset as soon as you tried to start a game\load a ball. After transporting it home, I checked everything out visually, cleaned dirt and wasp nests out of the backbox, and replaced the batteries on the board. On start up it had a load screen on the dot matrix that kept flickering with "Maverick made 1994" and the boat whistle sounded once. After it flickered a bit it went out and has not come back on since. On the PPB there are several badly heat damaged parts. On the CPU there is an odd white streak that goes from top to bottom I have not seen on a board before. Other then that, its clean. I have read through the Sega\Data East wiki and it's all good information however with not even a diagnostic screen, I'm at a loss for where to start. I'm pretty handy with a meter and tools as I am an electrician and auto mechanic but I'm not sure where the test points are to check voltages and I'm pretty new to pinball repair. I am also determined to learn this stuff and to get this old girl back to the poker game. So I am about to just buy a power supply and a PPB and then see where we go from there. Any advice you folks can give to send me in the right direction would be a big help. Pictures to follow.

1 week later
#1448 3 years ago

My Maverick started activating both flippers when I press either button. Sometimes the wrong flipper doesn't hold other times it does. Any thoughts on where to start?

#1449 3 years ago

Does anyone have a NOS Maverick PF for sale

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

My Maverick started activating both flippers when I press either button. Sometimes the wrong flipper doesn't hold other times it does. Any thoughts on where to start?

There are three flippers. Is the upper right flipper flipping with the left flipper also or just the lower right?

The first thing I'd do is go into the Diagnostics switch test and check all of the switches in Column 8 to make sure they aren't cross-talking (possibly a bad / missing switch diode).

If the flipper switches aren't triggering together in diagnostics, then I would look at the flipper board (inside the cabinet on the left-hand side). If you have another Data East/Sega game around the same time you may be able to swap out the flipper board just to see if that's the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 259.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
There are 1,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all/page/29?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.