(Topic ID: 79446)

Maverick fan thread - We play till we drop, winner takes all!

By Atomicboy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240226_223007_Drive (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240226_222930_Drive (resized).jpg
20240222_210202 (resized).jpg
20240216_142231 (resized).jpg
received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
20200925_185254 (resized).jpg
20200925_185257 (resized).jpg
20210828_201935 (resized).jpg
20200925_185532 (resized).jpg
53415059268_1b22224a28_k (resized).jpg
53414895296_ffe0add29c_k (resized).jpg
53415332005_8a9522bfd1_k (resized).jpg
20231030_163435 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
unnamed (resized).jpg
There are 1,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 38.
#1151 4 years ago

I FINALLY scored 1.1 billion. Just enough for a free game

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thanks brother, ill check it out.
On another note, how did I not get into this game sooner?
I guess I just kind of passed it up because the theme at the time didn't really speak to me at the time.
I'm having a ton of fun with this machine and really love the gameplay.
What a great game.

When I first fan into it at a show or two, the rules were not clear and the games did it play their best. If you have a good player and get some time on it, the fun factor rises quickly

2 weeks later
#1153 4 years ago

Laura Bell question.

Is the wheel supposed to be turning constantly during game? Or only when a ball triggers the opto.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Laura Bell question.
Is the wheel supposed to be turning constantly during game? Or only when a ball triggers the opto.

It runs the entire time the machine is in game mode. ie not in attract mode.

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It runs the entire time the machine is in game mode. ie not in attract mode.

Gotcha, then it’s working correctly.
Thanks.

Only reason I questioned it, is that it seems like it’s a lot of wear on the motor and wanted to make sure it wasn’t stuck on when it was supposed to be activated by a ball triggering an opto or something like that.

2 weeks later
#1156 4 years ago

I finally joined the club. Been wanting one since the 2018 TPF show.

#1157 4 years ago

Been sharing some of my instruction cards I've been making for my games and for friends. Here are a few for Maverick if anyone is interested.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DmftxFKgBhNQqc3hJfJnWPpA7NMGUfEa?usp=sharing

Maverick_Custom Card 1.pngMaverick_Custom Card 1.pngMaverick_Custom Card 2.pngMaverick_Custom Card 2.png
2 weeks later
#1158 4 years ago

Got my Maverick setup and everything seems to work pretty well, needs bath, rubbers, leds. I have one random issue with a drop target. Sometimes it drops and other times it is like it gets stuck and will not drop no matter how it is hit. Is there a fix besides replacing with a brand new target? It does not look damaged or anything.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Got my Maverick setup and everything seems to work pretty well, needs bath, rubbers, leds. I have one random issue with a drop target. Sometimes it drops and other times it is like it gets stuck and will not drop no matter how it is hit. Is there a fix besides replacing with a brand new target? It does not look damaged or anything.

Remove the mech, clean it and the targets well. Which one is it?

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Remove the mech, clean it and the targets well. Which one is it?

3 bank center, far right target.

#1161 4 years ago

what is the process to speed up the paddlewheel? Any benefits to updating to latest ROMs?

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

3 bank center, far right target.

I can sometimes hit the left target in that 3 bank squarely and it won’t budge.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can sometimes hit the left target in that 3 bank squarely and it won’t budge.

Depends on what is hanging it up. It could be cracked somewhere or the plastic worn. Sometimes the spring is stretched out and cutting a loop or two out helps. For the trouble it takes to get at it, best to just replace the target and spring at the.time.

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Depends on what is hanging it up. It could be cracked somewhere or the plastic worn. Sometimes the spring is stretched out and cutting a loop or two out helps. For the trouble it takes to get at it, best to just replace the target and spring at the.time.

So I took mine apart and cleaned it and still didnt work, replace spring with another stiffer one and didnt work. I keep dry lubes in my tool box so put some dry lube on it and it drops on every hit now.

#1165 4 years ago

Finished shopping out, new rubbers, leds, ramps and plastics where all good when I got it and the cabinet has no fade. Paid $1900 and this is for sure best bang for buck on the market. Been looking for one since tpf 16.

#1166 4 years ago

Looking for one also anyone looking too let one go let me know

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

So I took mine apart and cleaned it and still didnt work, replace spring with another stiffer one and didnt work. I keep dry lubes in my tool box so put some dry lube on it and it drops on every hit now.

Sounds like it may be just worn out. Could work forever with the dry lube, or could fail tomorrow. Good luck.

#1168 4 years ago

Hello. I just got a Maverick and it's missing the Lauren Belle. Does anybody know where I might be able to get one? Thanks in advance!

Added over 4 years ago:

Update. - Lauren Belle has been acquired. Game now looks complete!

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from dendenjan:

Hello. I just got a Maverick and it's missing the Lauren Belle. Does anybody know where I might be able to get one? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the club! Are you just talking about the cosmetic plastic cover or the entire mechanical assembly?

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from dendenjan:

I have a friend that has been looking for the plastic lauren belle for years. I guess they are hard to find.

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have a friend that has been looking for the plastic lauren belle for years. I guess they are hard to find.

+1

Probably quicker to have it remade. New vacuum form.

I've had my ear to the ground for years and never seen one. My boat is there, but pretty beat up.

#1172 4 years ago

Lauren Bell NOS available. Best offer by Tuesday 2/11

P1020858 (resized).JPGP1020858 (resized).JPGP1020859 (resized).JPGP1020859 (resized).JPGP1020860 (resized).JPGP1020860 (resized).JPGP1020861 (resized).JPGP1020861 (resized).JPG
#1173 4 years ago

I got a NOS Lauren Belle on eBay a little over a year ago (no stickers applied). It wasn’t cheap, but as you can see above, there are still a few out there that come up once in a long while. Someone was also selling a 3D printed repro here on pinside a few years ago (maybe just a one off).

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

I got a NOS Lauren Belle on eBay a little over a year ago (no stickers applied). It wasn’t cheap, but as you can see above, there are still a few out there that come up once in a long while. Someone was also selling a 3D printed repro here on pinside a few years ago (maybe just a one off).

Yea, I need one bad. I tried to contact the 3D printed guy and got no answer a few months ago.

#1175 4 years ago

One is bidding on Ebay now starting at 40 bucks.

1 week later
#1176 4 years ago

I have a beautiful Lauren Bell you can buy for $2500. Comes with a free Maverick Pin

1 week later
#1177 4 years ago

Great game! I've had it for about a month and it's my first pin. I was wondering if this stuck ball problem happens to others and if anybody has come up with a fix. I do think I've read about it in the past. Even thought I saw a service bulletin about it, but haven't been able to relocate that info. Thanks in advance!

Update: I've located service bulletin #71. Seems I need to adjust the drop targets. So far I've had the coin door lock picked and made keys for the machine, replaced about 20 bulbs, refloated solder on one opto, fixed the sticky plunger, and I'll get some naphtha to clean, and mills wax to polish while I change all the rubber. My paddle wheel entrance switch sticks about 20% of the time. I heard it's hard to get to. I've found that I really enjoy working on this machine, but am sad when it's down and I can't play.

C9D8B642-D161-48F5-AC6C-85B94D139F53 (resized).jpegC9D8B642-D161-48F5-AC6C-85B94D139F53 (resized).jpeg
#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from dendenjan:

Great game! I've had it for about a month and it's my first pin. I was wondering if this stuck ball problem happens to others and if anybody has come up with a fix. I do think I've read about it in the past. Even thought I saw a service bulletin about it, but haven't been able to relocate that info. Thanks in advance!
Update: I've located service bulletin #71. Seems I need to adjust the drop targets. So far I've had the coin door lock picked and made keys for the machine, replaced about 20 bulbs, refloated solder on one opto, fixed the sticky plunger, and I'll get some naphtha to clean, and mills wax to polish while I change all the rubber. My paddle wheel entrance switch sticks about 20% of the time. I heard it's hard to get to. I've found that I really enjoy working on this machine, but am sad when it's down and I can't play.[quoted image]

I have never had one stuck there, are you missing a drop target or does the target sit way down inside that hole? Are you missing the spring on that drop target?

#1179 4 years ago

Yup I used to get a ball stuck there too. Adjust the targets so they sit higher and also make sure the game is level.

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have never had one stuck there, are you missing a drop target or does the target sit way down inside that hole? Are you missing the spring on that drop target?

Not missing a spring. Yes, the drop targets are below flush with the playing board. I adjusted the bank and I believe that solved the problem.

#1181 4 years ago

Trying to figure out if there is a reason for those two dimples on the pf at the flipper tips. Yes....time for some fresh rubber....I know.

AC4C4838-A7E9-4605-9F11-732678BB5CF5 (resized).jpegAC4C4838-A7E9-4605-9F11-732678BB5CF5 (resized).jpeg
#1182 4 years ago

Helps to align bats (evenly), afik.

#1183 4 years ago

not (still) an owner here

may i ask : from an overall point of view, Maverick seems to be another DE/SEGA pin, quite all the same (code), with finally not much less diff from one to another

now, because i'm a "player", i see that this game is not only shooting everywhere without thinking to much, but main purpose (tanx to Lyman ?) is really to win poker hands (also with risk/reward multiplicators), while shooting only the good targets and avoiding the bad ones !!!

considering that aspect of the game, is than Maverick a really good game, more deeper than what it looks like at first !?

tanx

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not (still) an owner here
may i ask : from an overall point of view, Maverick seems to be another DE/SEGA pin, quite all the same (code), with finally not much less diff from one to another
now, because i'm a "player", i see that this game is not only shooting everywhere without thinking to much, but main purpose (tanx to Lyman ?) is really to win poker hands (also with risk/reward multiplicators), while shooting only the good targets and avoiding the bad ones !!!
considering that aspect of the game, is than Maverick a really good game, more deeper than what it looks like at first !?
tanx

Maverick's rule set is phenomenal. Much deeper than it appears at first. So hard to get to Poker Championship...it ain't happening by chance...need to be a sharpshooter.

#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Maverick's rule set is phenomenal. Much deeper than it appears at first. So hard to get to Poker Championship...it ain't happening by chance...need to be a sharpshooter.

Take good advantage from the hole!

*all of them

#1186 4 years ago

Pretty good discussion on the rules and strategy in a few posts earlier in the thread, starting at this post and continuing for a few more after that —

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all/page/9#post-2664215

#1187 4 years ago

tanx you all guys

#1188 4 years ago

Yup, very fun rules in Maverick and I have my Discards set to 8 or 9 in the settings. The default discards is way to high and doesn't punish for missing shots or just flailing away.

#1189 4 years ago

... and the hole lets you choose how you play your hands

The hole, from Every Inlane Feed "steals" a card for your hand (bank). Take All of that.

The hole gives you one chance to Raise or Fold each hand. Folding doesn't reset your winning streak. For me left and right banks are fold, everything else is raise. Double or nothing for chips.

Hole ... lol . . Shoot the VUK!

#1190 4 years ago

Would’ve been awesome if the drop targets were also CPU controlled. So you have the hole remove a card from the hand and it also drops the target card in that hand.

#1191 4 years ago

Say what you want about the theme, you could do worse, but it’s definitely a fun and challenging game.

Not easy to put up a high score, and if you change settings around you can make it tougher.

#1192 4 years ago

Hi All! Has anybody replaced the paddle wheel motor with one that Marco sells? If so, did things get a little or a lot quieter? Mine makes a loud grinding noise. I think it's the motor itself making the noise rather than the gears.

#1193 4 years ago

Hi. Seems I missed the boat on getting an Ingo's DMD saver board Ver. 2 for my newly acquired Maverick pin. Any help or leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Added over 4 years ago:

Ingo still has all versions of the DMD saver board and ships to the U.S. I bought the Ver. 2 board for Jodi's Maverick. Are you people happy with it?

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Helps to align bats (evenly), afik.

What does "afik" mean please?

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from dendenjan:

What does "afik" mean please?

"As Far As I know"

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from dendenjan:

Hi. Seems I missed the boat on getting an Ingo's DMD saver board Ver. 2 for my newly acquired Maverick pin. Any help or leads would be appreciated. Thanks

What is that?

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from dendenjan:

Seems I missed the boat on getting an Ingo's DMD saver board Ver. 2 for my newly acquired Maverick pin. Any help or leads would be appreciated.

While the board is a nicely made product I took it off my Maverick after a few months. Basically it increases the life of the DMD by lowering its brightness. There are lots of good used large DMDs available if yours has problems since ColorDMDs have been made for Bay Watch & Frankenstein. Hopefully a color DMD will be made for Maverick this year. I probably have a DMD saver board in my parts drawer but I won't be at that location until early May.

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

While the board is a nicely made product I took it off my Maverick after a few months. Basically it increases the life of the DMD by lowering its brightness. There are lots of good used large DMDs available if yours has problems since ColorDMDs have been made for Bay Watch & Frankenstein. Hopefully a color DMD will be made for Maverick this year. I probably have a DMD saver board in my parts drawer but I won't be at that location until early May.

Why take it off? Was the display too dim for you even when the saver board was set to max? I didn't see your post until I sent the money to Ingo. Now I'm wondering if I'll even use the board when I get it. For now, my display looks nice and bright with no burnt or faded pixles. Just thought I was purchasing a bit of insurance. It seemed to be worth the $40.

#1199 4 years ago

Hi. I'm replacing the rubber on my new Maverick pin. I found this piece laying in the bottom of the cabinet. Can somebody please tell me where this belongs?

C334285A-43B0-451A-93D8-E32D6082750C (resized).jpegC334285A-43B0-451A-93D8-E32D6082750C (resized).jpeg
#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from dendenjan:

Hi. I'm replacing the rubber on my new Maverick pin. I found this piece laying in the bottom of the cabinet. Can somebody please tell me where this belongs?[quoted image]

Sits over the two flasher domes between the right outlane and shooter lane

5BE029FD-6C10-4452-9464-0A913BF224B4 (resized).jpeg5BE029FD-6C10-4452-9464-0A913BF224B4 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 1,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all/page/24?hl=sirgubster9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.