20230114_140147 (resized).jpg
20230103_184534 (resized).jpg
20221129_113759 (resized).jpg
178ABAA9-2F03-4B7D-844E-ED654EF9AA57 (resized).jpeg
55B09A28-1A86-4901-8E00-E999A7C1A26F (resized).jpeg
644301EF-632E-4BD6-9C92-CFC498488763 (resized).jpeg
20200522_174245 (resized).jpg
20200522_174638 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

Hope it goes well I am in for sure also ,keep us all updated

2 months later
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

I appreciate the interest! I didn't get a response, so I am putting shellac on the plaster cast now. Gonna try my hand at thermo-forming in a week or so and will let you know how it goes.

I am in for sure please let us all know how it goes

4 weeks later
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

The shellac chipped, so I made a silicone mold of it and did a resin pour. I need to finish sanding ithe resin smooth to prep for thermoforming. Sorry, I got distracted on a project Amigo pin. It should be done in a few weeks then I will hop back on this project.

Np bud this happens ,please keep us update as I have two Mavericks that needs boats

7 months later
#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

The shellac chipped, so I made a silicone mold of it and did a resin pour. I need to finish sanding ithe resin smooth to prep for thermoforming. Sorry, I got distracted on a project Amigo pin. It should be done in a few weeks then I will hop back on this project.

Hi bud any update lately

2 months later
#19 2 years ago

Great work maybe try air holes and hook up a air so it sucks just a bit it should be the same as the boat u made ,I used too work for where they made bath tubs that's how they did it work great for them and if everything goes well I will take two of them ,I have two Mavericks ,keep up the great work bud

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will keep at it and post ASAP with results. Stickers are $35 form Marco. They come with additional stickers too. I may try and make some as a much less expensive option. Stay tuned...

That's great I think I even have a set of stickers your doing a great job looking good so far keep us posted

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

If you can provide me with a scan of the stickers, I would be VERY grateful! That would save me a few steps...

I will find them and let you know

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

If you can provide me with a scan of the stickers, I would be VERY grateful! That would save me a few steps...

I haven't forgot just been very busy with work and all that stuff should find them over the weekend
Happy flipping

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

It's ready for a vacuum forming test... drilled, sealed, painted, coated, waxed and I'm feeling optimistic. I will coat in talc. Tomorrow or Tuesday nite...
[quoted image]

Looks so good bud I hope it all goes well keep in touch ,

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

I created a soft seal where the plastic sheet contacts the vacuum former. Much improvement, but still imperfect. Next attempt will be with a tandem vac for added suction. That will have to wait until this weekend...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow bud u almost go it nice work your doing very well

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

I spent the weekend researching and reworking my setup. I made a sturdy frame out of 1" aluminum tubing sith slots on the outer edges to clamp the plastic between the two frames with binder clips. I tested different plastic heating temperatures, sag, and mold temperatures. I added a second vacuum in series, added a raft under the mold, and wedges around the mold to reduce webbing. I can smooth out some imperfections while wearing Oven Gloves but there are too many variables that must be perfect to get a decent product. I think a different size plastic will solve most issues. It might be here Tuesday...
[quoted image]

Your doing great keep up the good work u will get it

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

The new plastic arrived today. I gave it a quick try just to size it up. I think it turned out great cnsidering I didn't try to "fix" it while it cooled down (one wrinkle). I didn't heat the mold either. I def need to sand out the woodgrain, and do one minor trim on the front left of the mold. The boat's front left side of the pic is looking sad. I think this is progress tho! It's gonna be a weekend of tests!
[quoted image]

That's coming along really good so far your almost there bud keep up the great work bud

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

I spent the weekend sanding and vanishing at least 10 coats to get a smooth surface and minimize woodgrain texture on the plastic. I am still unable to eliminate the one wrinkle on the nose, and the corners aren't sharp on the tiers. Gonna borrow another shop vac and drill another port to connect it in parallel instead of series. I am also looking for a neoprene gasket to improve vacuum integrity too. I have to travel for work this week, and will have family over for Thanksgiving week so updates will be sparse for a bit. It's very close to acceptable and I will let you know when we finally get there!

Yes have some time off enjoy it bud ,your right I used too make bathtub and shower unit and they used lots of vacuum and holes everywhere too help with all the spots hope this helps take care bud

#43 2 years ago

A negative buck would help sharpen the corners, and I don't think it would be as challenging as the main buck. U just gotta get rid of the webbing on the nose. I didn't plan ahead, and had a 90 degree corner below the front left where the original plastic part stops. I cut the corner down and will add a slope out away from the boat to take up excess plastic. That solved webbing in all other areas, but the geometry wasn't as intense as the nose of the boat.</blockquoate>

Yes the nose of the boat is the main part too work on for sure as always u will find the right way great work bud keep it up and thanks for posting

1 month later
#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

A negative buck would help sharpen the corners, and I don't think it would be as challenging as the main buck. U just gotta get rid of the webbing on the nose. I didn't plan ahead, and had a 90 degree corner below the front left where the original plastic part stops. I cut the corner down and will add a slope out away from the boat to take up excess plastic. That solved webbing in all other areas, but the geometry wasn't as intense as the nose of the boat.

Hi bud I hope everything is going good with this ,all best wishes

1 week later
#47 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

My Lauren Belle cracked over the weekend. A ball got stuck on the drop targets, then the machine cycled them up. The result was squishing the ball up under the Lauren Bell and tearing part of the side. ☹️

That sucks I think it happens too all of us

#48 2 years ago

Hi bud is there any updates on your work lately

2 weeks later
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Hey Prodigal1 , If you have abandoned the project... Can I buy one of your "failures"? As they are nearly perfect and heaps better than what I have.

Prodigal1 is doing a great job it's always best things like this take time off then go back too it ,keep up the great work

4 months later
#55 1 year ago

Hope u can carry on with this boat lots of people really need this Prodigal1 keep in touch

1 month later
#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Fiddler:

I’ll take 3! If that helps. Thank you!

I will take a few for sure ,I sent you them pics of the boat decals we all hope u can carry on u are doing a great job

#61 1 year ago

There's lots of us that would like too have some boats would sell like hot cakes

1 week later
#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

OK guys, I finally have an update. I decided to try getting the vacuum-forming done professionally since my results were not great. After inquiring with companies online, I found out that they need an AutoCad model to work from. So I learned some 3D modeling, and just finished it tonight. I will send out the 3D file to see if I can get a company to make some boats for us. I am going to get a friend to 3D print the boat to double-check dimensions too. Image attached. I used calipers to take measurements, but things can get missed sometimes. Fingers crossed!
[quoted image]

This is great news for all of us and too boot this guy has been great trying and trying his best too make this dream come true for everyone too enjoy and doesn't give up thanks so much again your the best keep up the great work you are doing

1 week later
#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Glad I had it 3D printed... the length was off. Also had to re-do it to add 3 degrees of draft angle on the sides for thermoforming.
[quoted image]

I am so Glad u did also ,great eye always best too make sure before it goes for thermoforming great job bud

2 weeks later
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

The company has started producing the tooling to vacuum form the part. Hopefully we will have some boats in 30 days or less. I will post pics as soon as possible.

This is great news bud thanks for not giving up great work

4 weeks later
#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Received the first sample for review. I didn't drill the hole for the nose, so it looks a bit tilted in the pic. I hand-trimmed it from the sheet, but the final version will be professionally done by the vendor. The top is thin; They used an inverted mold for several reasons. It makes the bottom of the boat thicker where pinballs hit and brings out more detail. I am requesting thicker material. Stay tuned!
[quoted image]

That's a really great great start for sure bud looks so good keep up the great work

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Marco sells the original decals. I have scans of originals I will compare to the final model to ensure a good fit. If custom decals are required, I may offer it as a cheap add-on using 3M vinyl stickers, or provide the image as DIY.

Great work bud keep up the hunt on this boat for all of us ,most Mavericks I have seen other then my two they all need boats always cracked or broken cheers

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

You have 2 Mavericks?!?

Yes it's a very long story lol

#85 1 year ago

Too make a long story short Maverick was made in 1994 I got my first one in 1995 and had it for 18 year best game ever then sold it started too look around 6 years later found one and got it then a week later one came up for sale I was told about at a bidding place and just by the pics it looked like my so my wife and I went too check it out and it was my old one I sold 7 years ago so I had too win it back lol

1 week later
#87 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I sold my first Maverick to a client of mine. I still service it and it KILLS me, as it was a true 1 owner, HUO model when I got it. Bought it from lottery winners who bought it new. My current one is almost as nice, but I have spent a lot of time and money getting it there.

Yes understand u always know u miss it and in your case u have too service it and see it again that's not fun

2 weeks later
#91 1 year ago

Here is some pics I also made up a cardboard for inside the boat nose where the hole is on my I can scan and sent too u if u want thanks great job looking very good

178ABAA9-2F03-4B7D-844E-ED654EF9AA57 (resized).jpeg178ABAA9-2F03-4B7D-844E-ED654EF9AA57 (resized).jpeg55B09A28-1A86-4901-8E00-E999A7C1A26F (resized).jpeg55B09A28-1A86-4901-8E00-E999A7C1A26F (resized).jpeg644301EF-632E-4BD6-9C92-CFC498488763 (resized).jpeg644301EF-632E-4BD6-9C92-CFC498488763 (resized).jpeg
#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Awesome, guys! Thanks for the pics, William I think that will do what I need. The top holes are fine, but I think the one in the nose of the boat is a bit off...

Ok let me know if u want me too scan that cardboard for u and send that too u ,it fits inside the nose under it and that's where the hole is on the nose ,keep up the great work your doing Prodigal1

#95 1 year ago

I was looking at your pic and yes your front hold is off too far too the left side and on my machine I see that the two top holes don't line up with the nose at the front hold just so u know let me know if u need anything ,keep up the great work your doing

1 week later
#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

The design has been approved, and material ordered. I moved the position of the hole on the nose of the boat, and cut some test stickers for fit. Original stickers from Marco should arrive today. If they fit, I won't offer custom stickers for sale, but I am fairly certain at least the bottom trim sticker that's black and brown will need to be narrower. There is some sticker residue in the pic, but otherwise this is what the production boat will look like.
[quoted image]

Nice bud that's looking way way better keep up the good work

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Without stickers, my current plan is $50 + shipping (at cost or flat rate). I gotta sell a bunch to cover production costs, but don't want to price gouge people. Additional boats will be at a discounted rate, and shipping cost might not increase. They said I can expect the boats by end of December. I will open the Pinside storefront for ordering once I receive the boats.

This is great news for everyone ,keep up the great work bud your doing very well

1 month later
#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Happy New Year! The vinyl stickers arrived. They are very forgiving if you need to adjust placement. I cut them out with a razor knife and metal ruler, and used scissors for the boat nose. I should have used scissors for all brown shapes.The test boat had some sticker residue from a prior paper sticker test so the attached image may show other minor imperfections. I will post again when the boats arrive and a set of stickers is placed. They are slated to ship to me this week! Once I have everything in hand, I will open the Pinside Shop for orders. Thanks for hanging in there!
[quoted image]

Looking great so far bud way too go coming all together

1 week later
#109 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

VERY SOON!
[quoted image]

Wow this is great news for all Maverick owner ,Prodigal1 hit it out of the park with this new Boat and decals

1 week later
#122 1 year ago

Bump for a great guy that made this happen for all the Maverick owners

#124 1 year ago

Hi all I got my new boat with stickers today and installed looks so good with my restored Maverick it was the last thing I needed thanks too Prodigal1 great job

10663E30-0984-48F6-868E-8500137E17C0 (resized).jpeg10663E30-0984-48F6-868E-8500137E17C0 (resized).jpeg4C1DDE30-F891-4645-B270-C76694AFE00E (resized).jpeg4C1DDE30-F891-4645-B270-C76694AFE00E (resized).jpeg91AA6780-4AD5-48F5-8B51-B31057DFD006 (resized).jpeg91AA6780-4AD5-48F5-8B51-B31057DFD006 (resized).jpegE2C12B6B-56E8-43E0-9E6C-C6FF34F5EA6F (resized).jpegE2C12B6B-56E8-43E0-9E6C-C6FF34F5EA6F (resized).jpeg
#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Prodigal1:

Excellent work William! Loving these fresh looking Mavericks!!

Thank you for the kind words I did a full restore inside and out on my Maverick and this boat and sticker really makes it 100% now thanks so much again great job u did on the new boats

#127 1 year ago

Sunday Bump for a great guy

1 week later
#128 1 year ago

I really like how theses boats and stickers make it look better then new order yours today bump too a great guy that finely made this happen thanks again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-boat-lauren-belle?tu=williampinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.