2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ShootAgainDave:

Hi,
I'm trying to fix my Maverick. I can't figure out what's the problem...
When I boot the pinball, it says "Bottom Lock = Good Top Lock = Bad Wheel Entrance = Good"
First, I installed the reed switch (green / white wires 2 pin connector under the playfield) and it works great! It registers the ball everytime it goes into the paddle wheel with the DMD animation and boat sound. Before I installed the reed switch everytime I went into the boat, the ball search mode activated and then, released the ball. There were no boat sound or animation on the DMD.
Now, even if the ball search mode doesn't activate on the first ball lock, it releases the ball anyway after 3-4 seconds. I can clearly see that both sets of opto red lights are working. I also cleaned them gently with 70% alcohol and Q-Tips.
When I unplug both the 2 little connectors on the left side of the optos (on top of the playfield), when I boot the pin, I have this message on the DMD: "Bottom Lock = Good Top Lock = Good Wheel Entrance = Good" but nothing changes. I have the same issues even if everything detects "good" or "bad".
In other words, I can't lock balls into the boat.
Am I supposed to unplug other connectors? Does the reed switch replaces the optos? Where should I search? Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you!

Have you reviewed the mod instructions? http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/mav/fix/fix.htm

Yes, in short, the MRS replaces those opto's to the entrance of the paddle wheel - the opto's were considered unreliable - hence the MRS mod...

Matt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-ball-lock-lauren-belle-issue?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.