(Topic ID: 221846)

Maverick ball feed issues

By V8haha

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

everything was working flawlessly then all of a sudden I'm having these ball feed issue.(no changes to the game)

the coil that moves the arm to let the ball by so it can sit in the up kicker to place the ball in the shooter lane is working.

However not every time the arm lifts is the ball rolling into position. the switches all move freely and nothing in the trough is obstructing the path of the ball.

also played with the apron off to make sure the arm was moving fully when issues were happening and it is no issues with the arm or coil

cleaned the coil and the entire assembly didn't fix anything.

i see some people talk about magnetized balls sticking together but this game doesn't have any magnates that I'm aware of.

anyone have a solution?

#2 5 years ago

I'm trying to visualize this, and I am also not near my game. Just one quick thought: Is your game level and inclined properly?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'm trying to visualize this, and I am also not near my game. Just one quick thought: Is your game level and inclined properly?

yes it is no issues there. its like the trough isn't steep enough or something is stopping the balls

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

yes it is no issues there. its like the trough isn't steep enough or something is stopping the balls

Best I can do is ask you post pics or a video, I can take a peek at mine later and see if I can help. Unless someone comes up with a better idea or helps you sooner.

#5 5 years ago

Are your ball's magnetized?

#6 5 years ago

Did you check all the voltages on the coils and measure the resistance to confirm coils are functional and at full power?

#7 5 years ago

i think my issue is the balls are magnetized... I pulled all the balls to clean them the other day and i think balls from my space Jam ended up in my Maverick.

shortly after i did that the issue started happening

I ordered new balls hopefully this will solve the issue

2 years later
#8 3 years ago

Did the new balls fix this issue? Having problems right when getting ready to go into multiball mode that a ball is not going out to the plunger lane. The lauren belle works fine. Only time this is occuring is right when getting ready for multiball. So I can't continue to play as it's waiting for a ball to be shot from the plunger area.

Not sure if these balls are magnetized in my machine. I do have a new set of balls coming in the mail.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-ball-feed-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.