• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Drumheadz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello
More and more now my Maverick has started to misbehave. At any random time the Lauren Belle will suddenly release a locked ball into play although multiball is not the case. Has anyone had the same experience ? Needless ro say the game goes bananas after the only ball the game think is in play, drains. What could be the reason here ?

Thanks
Matt

#2 8 years ago

I'd start by doing a switch test (optos) for the ones related to the Lauren Belle. When you do the test, wiggle the wires a bit see if any are causing an intermittent switch open/closed scenario.

1 year later
#3 6 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem with my Maverick!
was a solution found for this problem?

thanks

#4 6 years ago

Go into the menu and do the switch edge test. See what those optos are doing. 90% of funky behavior in this game is caused by flaky optos. Reflow solder or replace the opto boards if this is deemed to be the issue.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Go into the menu and do the switch edge test. See what those optos are doing. 90% of funky behavior in this game is caused by flaky optos. Reflow solder or replace the opto boards if this is deemed to be the issue.

I did test the boat optos and also the through switches, they all seem to work fine.
reflowed the optos and switches just in case.

the problem is still present.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Drumheadz:

I did test the boat optos and also the through switches, they all seem to work fine.
reflowed the optos and switches just in case.
the problem is still present.

Buy new off the guy on EBay.

I also reflowed all optos a couple of times, only to come up snake eyes too. It's prob the LEDs.

The guy on EBay has optos that have super bright red colored LEDs and they work perfectly.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from DiegoWally:

Buy new off the guy on EBay.
I also reflowed all optos a couple of times, only to come up snake eyes too. It's prob the LEDs.
The guy on EBay has optos that have super bright red colored LEDs and they work perfectly.

You were having the same trouble?
what guy on Ebay?
thanks

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Drumheadz:

You were having the same trouble?
what guy on Ebay?
thanks

Yes same issues.
Looks like I got one of the last sets (they sold 31 of em). Username is vanwagnd112 on eBay and they're out of Destin, Florida. I (and many others on here) have changed out the maverick opto boards with these and they work flawlessly. Hopefully they'll put out more in the future.

2 weeks later
#9 6 years ago

So I ordered the replacement opto boards from ebay and replaced all four of them, to my great disappointment the problem is still present.
I guess the next place I should look is at the trough. the problem seems to appear only on multiplayer games,
Say if you have 2 locked balls already in the boat.
at some random point in the next player game it just releases one ball from the boat so now you have two balls in play, When you drain one, the flipper goes dead and it's the end of this players ball...

I'm not sure what to do at this point, maybe try to adjust the swithces in the trough?
any insight would be greatly appreciated.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Drumheadz:

So I ordered the replacement opto boards from ebay and replaced all four of them, to my great disappointment the problem is still present.

Did you check the one at the entrance of the paddle wheel? If I recall correctly, in multiple player games...you don't get free locks (can't steal a multiball) , you still have to earn them. So if the entrance opto thinks a ball came into the paddle wheel, it will release one from the boat to make up for the lock. The entrance opto might be flaking out.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Did you check the one at the entrance of the paddle wheel? If I recall correctly, in multiple player games...you don't get free locks (can't steal a multiball) , you still have to earn them. So if the entrance opto thinks a ball came into the paddle wheel, it will release one from the boat to make up for the lock. The entrance opto might be flaking out.

I replaced the entrance switch with a reed switch, it seems to work good everytime I test it in switch test mode.

4 weeks later
#12 6 years ago

So I replaced all four trough switches and diodes and the problem is still present...
Could it be that my roms are not the latest versions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-ball-count-screwup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.