Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1484799484052-1020605256 (resized).jpg
20170118_183343 (resized).jpg
20161224_174412 (resized).jpg
20161224_192938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170107_203631148 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have a Matt McKee Pirates of the Caribbean Topper I just removed from my POTC, which it came with when I bought the pin.
Works fine. Probably going to sell it. It has the mounting brackets attached, but no power supply as it was tied into other stuff and I didn't feel like trying to remove it.

Anyone know what this is worth considering no power supply?

Also, what type (voltage amount) ps would be needed by the potential buyer? Guessing you could get one and plug into outlet in cab or tie into power for under $20.

#2 7 years ago

I don't believe it has a power supply, but is tied into the flashers.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't believe it has a power supply, but is tied into the flashers.

Yeah, that's what it looked like, but thought mine might be a one-off. Also, the connector on the topper takes a round adapter that you'd find on a dc (or ac) adapter. Plugging a ps adapter in though would mean the lighted eyes are always on and wouldn't flash with other flashers. Honestly I rarely noticed them flash while playing, only while others were playing.

#4 7 years ago

OK. I opened up my game, as I had forgotten exactly how it installed. It has a single grey wire coming off the back, down under the playfield, where it splits and is tied into the flashers with z connectors. Here is a pic. It doesn't plug in to any power source.
I love this topper, can't believe you are taking it off!

IMG_20170107_203631148 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_203631148 (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the pic. Looks like I can just pull off z connectors and get the gray wire out.

Yeah, its a cool topper. Potc is mainly my wife's game and she REALLY wanted the tilttopper one that came out. So, that was her Christmas and/or birthday present, around the same time. Only reason I took it off.

#6 7 years ago

I'll take it, by the way. PM me and let me know how much you want for it.

I want to grow up to be Yzfguy...this is a good start.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll take it, by the way. PM me and let me know how much you want for it.
I want to grow up to be Yzfguy...this is a good start.

That's the main reason I posted this thread to find out what they go for as I have no idea

There's also another pinsider interested.

Anyone have an idea what to sell it for?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

That's the main reason I posted this thread to find out what they go for as I have no idea
There's also another pinsider interested.
Anyone have an idea what to sell it for?

If you sell it to the other guy, $300. If you sell it to me, $5.

Honestly, it's tough to call. I know they sold for about $150 originally when Matt was making them. But their scarcity puts a little more value on them, I think. Depends on the condition, too. I saw one for sale at TPF last year, but it was scratched up. Post some pictures, maybe, but I think you're looking at around $175-$200 (or even more) shipped.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OK. I opened up my game, as I had forgotten exactly how it installed. It has a single grey wire coming off the back, down under the playfield, where it splits and is tied into the flashers with z connectors. Here is a pic. It doesn't plug in to any power source.

That's the thing that I love about Yzfguy: He talks so tough on Pinside, but look at those super-soft hands. They haven't seen a day of hard labor in the 67 years he's been alive. It's a real turn-on.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you sell it to the other guy, $300. If you sell it to me, $5.
Honestly, it's tough to call. I know they sold for about $150 originally when Matt was making them. But their scarcity puts a little more value on them, I think. Depends on the condition, too. I saw one for sale at TPF last year, but it was scratched up. Post some pictures, maybe, but I think you're looking at around $175-$200 (or even more) shipped.

Thanks. I can say its in great condition, no scratches. I'll try and get some pics posted.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I did really like that topper, but I love my new one more!

20161224_192938 (resized).jpg20161224_192938 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's the thing that I love about Yzfguy: He talks so tough on Pinside, but look at those super-soft hands. They haven't seen a day of hard labor in the 67 years he's been alive. It's a real turn-on.

O go out of my way to open up my game and my heart, and STILL get abuse! What a dick!
Beelzeboob really has wanted my topper and is a worthy recipient

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

O go out of my way to open up my game and my heart, and STILL get abuse! What a dick!
Beelzeboob really has wanted my topper and is a worthy recipient

You guys crack me up!

Since you went to the trouble of getting a pic for me to figure out the ps and Beelzeboob threw out some reasonable numbers, I'll pm him when I get the cable out

Thanks!

1 week later
#14 7 years ago

Finally got around to pulling the cable out. Mine has a slightly different cable end but works all the same; z connector for power.

20161224_174412 (resized).jpg20161224_174412 (resized).jpg

20170118_183343 (resized).jpg20170118_183343 (resized).jpg

1484799484052-1020605256 (resized).jpg1484799484052-1020605256 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 218.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/matt-mckee-potc-topper-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.