8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by paintpins
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Before_Restoration_1_(resized).JPG
    Before_Restoration_2_(resized).JPG
    To_the_Eye_(resized).JPG
    To_the_Eye_2_(resized).JPG
    Worst_Picture_1_(resized).JPG
    Worst_4_(resized).JPG
    Worst_5_(resized).JPG
    Worst_6_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tezting.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

I think it is nearly impossible to make a perfect match and make it last.
    Colors fade differently (I have seen this within 1 year after matching) also the light conditions make the colors act different. Sunlight/fluorescent etc.
    My advice would be to make a "perfect" match and then paint "whole areas" (From black line to black line).

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from proton32060:

Thanks for the help guys.
    Tezting I have a question if you are still following this post.
    You have had colors fade on pinball games indoors?
    I don't doubt you, my question is what kind of paints did it the most?
    I am surprised that a paint would fade under an automotive clear coat when it has UV protection built into it. Especially when a pinball game is indoors.
    The reason I am asking is I am thinking about restoring my Bally Wizard and if there are paints you know of that are particularly bad about fading I would like to know so I can avoid them on my next attempt.
    Thanks

I use createx and it is protected by 2pac clear.
    I don't own the machine anymore but see it often. The color I matched was yellow and of course you only see it on a specific angle and when you know where to look.
    My point is just that I think it is impossible to touch up and make it perfect under all light conditions and angles without it looking like a "thumb" and sticking out if not now so after a while.
    Of course if you are not going for perfect it is fine so it depends on your needs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tezting.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/matching-playfield-colors?tu=tezting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.