8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by paintpins
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Before_Restoration_1_(resized).JPG
    Before_Restoration_2_(resized).JPG
    To_the_Eye_(resized).JPG
    To_the_Eye_2_(resized).JPG
    Worst_Picture_1_(resized).JPG
    Worst_4_(resized).JPG
    Worst_5_(resized).JPG
    Worst_6_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Half_Life.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

One way to try to get the right color is to use a Pantone color guide (usually found on eBay). Once a match is found then make the trip to the craft store and get the matching color. Another method involves mixing your own colors by adding a few drops of the tint you need and then adding either a few drops of white or black to lighten or darken. Do this on a small sheet of glass so that you can lay it on the playfield to see how close the natch is. When creating these color "samples" write down how many drops of each color so that you can recreate the color later.

Although I've used the mixing method I found it tedious and somewhat difficult to get a decent match across many colors. I find using the Pantone color guide has worked very well for me and primarily stick to it now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Half_Life.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/matching-playfield-colors?tu=Half_Life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.