Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DaMoib
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

39dc5f8e9ca61465f1f6c21efef720b7aa6746b7 (resized).jpg
    CatScowl (resized).jpg
    VolleyRelayBank (resized).jpg
    VolleySeqBankReset (resized).jpg
    20200227_215423 (resized).jpg
    20200227_215130 (resized).jpg
    VolleyMatchLights1 (resized).jpg
    VolleyMatchLights (resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesley:

Any ideas about the Q coil. Where the positions of the points should be? Thanks.

The Q relay should not fire in this game start scenario, so the Q switch mentioned in the previous post (and post 44) should be closed and remain so. Make sure it is clean and properly adjusted.

#52 4 years ago

I had a bank reset relay not fire and I finally tracked the problem to the coil wire.The 120V was getting to the contact PINS where the feeder wires and coil wires meet, the COIL wires that came from the coil itself looked perfect. I had to look very, very closely at the actual coil wires and realized they each had a small crack following them around the pins. They had slowly disconnected themselves over the course of decades. Looked perfect, but made no contact at all. 5 seconds with the soldering gun fixed it. May want to give it a try. I posted a picture of this in another forum and I will try to find it again.

CatScowl (resized).jpgCatScowl (resized).jpg
    #53 4 years ago

Here is the photo of the dry solder joint on the coil contact pin:
    39dc5f8e9ca61465f1f6c21efef720b7aa6746b7 (resized).jpg39dc5f8e9ca61465f1f6c21efef720b7aa6746b7 (resized).jpg

#54 4 years ago

Thanks.do you about the Q relay?

#55 4 years ago

I had a bank reset relay not fire and I finally tracked the problem to the coil wire.The 120V was getting to the contact PINS where the feeder wires and coil wires meet, the COIL wires that came from the coil itself looked perfect. I had to look very, very closely at the actual coil wires and realized they each had a small crack following them around the pins. They had slowly disconnected themselves over the course of decades. Looked perfect, but made no contact at all. 5 seconds with the soldering gun fixed it. May want to give it a try. I posted a picture of this in another forum and I will try to find it again.

#56 4 years ago

Looks as though John Robertson is handling this one on rgp.

#57 4 years ago

I'm trying to get any help. I know the main bank reset coil works. If I push on one of the contacts on the Q relay, the main bank coil fires. Could it be one of the points are not properly set? What positions should they be in.?

#58 4 years ago

wesley, that information is in post #44, and again in post #50... the switches, which relays and the wire colors to help identify them

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/match-lights/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.