Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3413 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Yeah. The switch on the game over relay which should be open during gameplay is likely closed.
Be sure to snug the switch stack screws before making switch adjustments.

#4 2 years ago

What game is it?
Do the numbers move around as you play a game?

#9 2 years ago

Is this an issue that just started, or is it a game you recently acquired which has had this issue since you've owned it?

#12 2 years ago

I've never played the game, and so I am not familiar with it's operation.
But, could it possibly be that the numbers you're seeing are actually dice values, and are part of the game's features?
Maybe someone else who owns one can shed some light?

#14 2 years ago

OK then. As HowardR is showing above, somewhere, stray voltage is leaking into the match lite circuit. I'd disconnect the Jones plugs, and try powering the light box lamps with another power source such as a 6v battery charger. If the match lites remain on, I'd start the "wiggle test". Wiggle and gently tug on wiring, and hopefully it'll help you locate the source of the current leak. Also, check the 00-99 stepper which changes the lights.
Something on it may be incorrectly insulated or grounded.
Good luck.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from soaringorrie:

I'm picking up the voltage somewhere between the match on-off receptacle and the jones plug in the back box. Thought I might just de-solder the wire on both ends and run a new wire instead of pulling the wire bundle all apart. Of course I'll never know where the stray current came from. Does this sound like a reasonable fix?

You can try unsoldering one end, and temporarily installing a new wire using alligator clips. If the issue isn't resolved, it's easy to put it back to original state again.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from soaringorrie:

OK, here is the latest. I followed jrpinball's good advice and completely isolated the back box by pulling all the Jones plugs and powering the first player and general lights with an external power supply and indeed the match light still turns on. Wiggled wires and checked every thing visually for any thing abnormal ,but no luck yet. Not sure where to go from here. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Did you try what I suggested in post#16?

#23 2 years ago

I would go over the 00-99 unit.
Something there may be shorted or grounded.

#29 2 years ago

Good good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/match-lights-are-stuck-on?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.