Quoted from wesley:
Thanks, I've been shocked before. I had quite a few EM'S before. Problem is with the Q relay if I push on one of the points it will fire both the target banks and the main reset bank. But if I hit the game play button it won't trigger the main reset coil. Once again, thanks about my safety.
When you refer to the "game play button", you're referring to the red replay button on the coin door, correct? If so, when this button is pressed, does:
1) The S relay pull in (activate)?
2) The motor turn?
3) The targets reset?
4) But the bank reset does not?
If so... do the procedure I've indicated in post #44 (and added the armature note here):
Quoted from DaMoib:
With the machine unplugged, check the three switches from the schematic:
1) the switch on Relay S with a red and a yellow wire(s) on it (should be open)
2) the switch on Relay Q with a blue and an orange wire(s) on it (should be closed)
3) motor switch 4B with a yellow and an orange wire(s) on it (should be open)
manually exercise the switches *by actuating the armature*:
and if I may borrow HowardR 's words:
For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening
As far as being shocked before, I just have to say that previous shocks do not make you immune from future and potentially, more serious, shocks. Please check these switches out with the machine unplugged. When manually activating relays with the power on, use a wooden stick and wear gloves. That's the last I'll say on the matter, I promise