Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys, I have a Bally Mata Hari. The game and lights will turn on, but the jingle doesn't play and the game won't boot up. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 2 years ago

what is the LED doing on the MPU? For full boot up will be 7 flashes. I am guessing you have nothing to something less than 7 flashes on the LED

#3 2 years ago

There’s a list in the manual that tells you what the basic problem is based on the number of flashes.

#4 2 years ago

Start by measuring the power supply voltages at the rectifier board's test points.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

what is the LED doing on the MPU? For full boot up will be 7 flashes. I am guessing you have nothing to something less than 7 flashes on the LED

The one time I was going to check this, it flashed 7 times and the game booted as normal. So I buttoned it back up and played. The next day, the game was back to not booting up. Will have to open the cabinet back up and check the amount of flashes.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from rb13:

The one time I was going to check this, it flashed 7 times and the game booted as normal. So I buttoned it back up and played. The next day, the game was back to not booting up. Will have to open the cabinet back up and check the amount of flashes.

Check to make sure that the grounding braid nut is tight. That could cause intermittent issues.

2 weeks later
#7 2 years ago

Your game is not really turning on, it's like a car where the headlights come on but the engine does not start.
Hard to move forward on this without knowing the LED status. Maybe post a slow moving video of the MPU trying to boot and the rest of the boards.

#8 2 years ago

The MPU flashes 6 times

#9 2 years ago

Sometimes the game will flash 7 times and boot up, but the flippers won't move.

#10 2 years ago

The 7th flash checks for 43 volts at the rectifier board. If you’re not getting it, something is wrong. Pinwiki will have some common issues that you should check:

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Seventh_flash

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-turns-on-but-won-t-boot-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.