3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by QuietEarp
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

Using a DMM on diode test, see if the diode is shorted. You could also pull the rectifier plug that goes to the head. If the 3/4a fuse still blows, the diodes Bob mentioned are probably shot.

Use 1n4004 or better, I usually sneak the next size up diode in there for good measure, they fit OK.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Cool, I will give this a shot when I get home. Do I have to remove diodes to test them? Seems like I would.

The only thing plugged into the rectifier board at this time is the cabinet which has the AC power coming in.

You can test these in circuit. DMM on diode test. One direction you should get infinity "OL". The other direction 0.400v to 0.6v. Diode that blows the fuse will read 0.00 in both directions.

#13 3 years ago

Unloaded supply voltages do not read properly a lot of times with a dmm.

TP3 is the 12v supply and I'd expect to see higher than normal voltage, not under. Hard to predict. Safe enough to plug in the solenoid driver board top right plug and then check voltages on the solenoid driver board.

#18 3 years ago

Unregulated 12 runs like 12-18v typically. I have no clue how bally came up with 11.9v for that supply voltage...

#20 3 years ago

If you hear chimes, the MPU is booting up. good times ahead.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

That's the problem with the older machines; they make zero sense to restore like this financially, but if you like the game.....

Learn how to fix the originals.

I started out by buying dirt cheap bally games. I couldnt afford to just buy new boards, but i was determined to play. I found a way to fix the originals, took a lot of effort tho and i had fun along the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside