• 31 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by HighNoon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Mata Hari worth restoring?”

• Yes - put a new playfield and stencil and it will be still valuable 11 votes
    58%
  • No - just clean it up and get out 8 votes
    42%

(19 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintoxicated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 11 years ago

Personally I hate the thought of parting out machines. Of course it would be nice to have a mint machine but to me a machine is what it is. These machines have years and years of use and abuse under their belts.

Unless you have a pretty strong attachment to the machine I wouldn't bother with a repro playfield but I would bother with a complete shop out and get the machine playing as best it can. I have a few machines like this that aren't very minty but they play just as good as a minty one would and maintain their life story and history.

I like to say to people, 'judge the machines on how they play, not how they look'.

Have some fun doing a bit of a resto on the machine and playing it afterwards then hopefully you will get your money back and maybe a little bit more to make it all worthwhile. Take pride in the fact that you saved another pin's life.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintoxicated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-to-restore-or-not?tu=pintoxicated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.