I picked up a disassembled project Mata Hari a couple weeks ago - this is the first time I'm trying to bring a pin back from the dead, so go easy on the noobie. Here's where I am:
- Replaced all original boards with Alltek's to get things up and running while I get the original boards checked out
- Repinned all connectors, including J4 on the SDB and J4 on the MPU twice to double-check solenoid connectivity/stability
- Fixed the transformer/Rottendog rectifier wiring, now gets proper voltage to all of the boards at their test points
- Machine now powers on, GI and control lights that aren't burned out working ok
- MPU boots
- When I Coin Up, Left Slingshot fires instead of a Chime
- When I start a game, the Bottom Right Thumper Bumper solenoid freaks out and pops repetitively
- Going into Test Mode for the solenoids, many don't fire and many fire twice (see the picture below - the first column is the expected solenoid firing order, and the last column is what the machine is actually doing). The Bottom Right Thumper Bumper does not pop repetitively in Test Mode like it does in a started game.
I'm pretty confident in the pins I made (and I don't have any more connectors on hand to do it a third time this weekend) - can this coil addressing issue be caused by anything else? The coils are daisy-chained, right? Can a bad diode on one or more coils cause addressing issues? Is there a programmatic way to determine the offending coil(s)? I've not yet pulled out any coils or changed any diodes....I suppose I need to learn but I am trying to avoid shotgunning all of them.
Does the chart with the expected vs. actual firing order offer any clues?
Thanx in advance for any help/guidance!