7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So just picked up a Mata Hari that has been in storage for a loooong time. The MPU board is riddled with battery corrosion. Playfield looks like it will clean up good but it is rather dirty and the rubbers are rotted. Backglass is super flaked and I will need to find a replacement at some point. Cabinet is in fair condition, colors are pretty bright, but some paint flaking and the front of the cab is the worse on the paint.

This is not going to be a full on balls to the walls restore, but I am going to clean this girl up and give her new life. Going to start cleaning the playfield and replacing the rubbers after work today as im still waiting on parts to repair the mpu. Here are a few before pics.1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg2.jpg3.jpg3.jpg4.jpg4.jpg5.jpg5.jpg6.jpg6.jpg7.jpg7.jpg8.jpg8.jpg

#2 8 years ago

She ought to clean up pretty good.

#3 8 years ago

12.jpg12.jpg13.jpg13.jpg14.jpg14.jpg15.jpg15.jpg9.jpg9.jpg10.jpg10.jpg11.jpg11.jpg

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

She ought to clean up pretty good.

I hope so. Playfield seems pretty good shape besides all the dirt and gunk. This will be my first attempt at repairing the corrosion on the MPU, so that is my biggest concern, followed by replacing the back glass.

#5 8 years ago

I got luck w/ my Mata Hari....

The playfield wasn't as nice as yours, but still cleaned up nice.

My Mata Hari came w/ Alltek CPU, solenoid and lamp driver boards. Also has a Rottendog Bridge rectifier board as well as all new pinscore displays.

The machine looks great w/ LEDs

My backglass had a 5 inch scratch on it though...

#6 8 years ago

I was thinking about doing LEDS, which did you go with, got any pics to show off how it looks

#7 8 years ago

I'm a big fan of cointakers...but have been buying Comet LEDs lately...no pics though....the machine is buried behind a lot of projects right now.

If you choose to go LED....you really need to buy the Alltek lamp board.

#8 8 years ago

Soldered off all the bad components on the MPU and (hopefully) removed all the corrosion from the MPU and took off all the components on the rectifier board. Hopefully can repopulate them this afternoon or tomorrow. Waiting on the big cap on the solenoid driver board to arrive as it was testing bad, but the rebuilt rectifier board may remedy it and put it back in the correct range.

3 weeks later
#9 8 years ago

Any progress on the Mata Hari ???????//

4 months later
#10 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Any progress on the Mata Hari ???????//

Bueller......Bueller

#11 8 years ago

sadly, I have replaced and repaired everything imaginable and cannot get this damn thing to work correctly

new power rectifier board, new solenoid driver board, altec mpu, re-pinned every connector. coils work if i jump them but dont work properly in game. i am just burned out on this game at the moment as it is frustrating the hell out of me.

#12 8 years ago

Very understandable. Hope you can get another set of eyes to look at it for you...and figure out where to go from there.

#13 8 years ago

Why not lay the situation with the coils out, here or in a tech thread?

#14 8 years ago

Is the Alltek MPU board correctly configured to be a Mata Hari board?

1 week later
#15 8 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Is the Alltek MPU board correctly configured to be a Mata Hari board?

Sure is

Quoted from anthony691:

Why not lay the situation with the coils out, here or in a tech thread?

Yeah, not a bad idea, I will do that in the near future

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-revitalization and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.