Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6510.jpg
bly_matahari3 (resized).jpg
IMG_3503_01.JPG
playfield (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hi,
I just bought a Mata Hari and the playfield is in very bad condition. I'm optimistic I can get all the dust and dirt off (glass cover is missing) but I won't be able to repaint the missing central section. I thought about applying a water decal for the central area with the dagger and clear coating it afterwards. The problem is that I can't seem to find a good scan/picture of the playfield to use as a template for the decal. The backglass also is in very poor condition, a lot of paint has already flacked off.

I would be very thankful if somebody could send me an image of the playfield and of the backglass. I'd try to create decals for the playfield and maybe a translite for the backglass.

playfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

Will this work?

IMG_3503_01.JPGIMG_3503_01.JPG
#4 5 years ago

The hardtops are unfortunately not an option for me. I'm not living in the US and my budget is not very high, the hardtop would cost more than the entire machine.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Will this work?
[quoted image]

Please tell me that's photoshoped! I hope nobody did this to a real playfield.

#6 5 years ago

check with Pinball-Dreams he offered to send me the key lines during my restoration. At the time I was too new and had no idea that using waterslide decals would work, I really wish I could go back in time and use this method instead of painting my field by hand.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-i-ruin-my-playfield-by-accidentally-sanded-down-to-the-next-ply#post-4190881

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for the Tip. Henrik sent me a playfield scan, now I can start cleaning

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Frogger1108:

Thanks for the Tip. Henrik sent me a playfield scan, now I can start cleaning

please post progress on this as you go along!

1 month later
#9 5 years ago

I'm trying to find a scan of the Mata Hari backglass so I can print a translite, mine is unfortunately in very bad condition. Does anybody have a scan or a high-res picture I could use ?

Thanks

4 weeks later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogger1108:

I'm trying to find a scan of the Mata Hari backglass so I can print a translite, mine is unfortunately in very bad condition. Does anybody have a scan or a high-res picture I could use ?
Thanks

You can get a brand new restoration from bgresto.com for three bills. Even risque it up a bit

bly_matahari3 (resized).jpgbly_matahari3 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

I just put a hardtop on mine and I'm really digging it. I know you said it's out of your price range, but if the mechanics in your pin are sound it would be well worth the investment and one you wouldn't regret.

IMG_6510.jpgIMG_6510.jpg
1 week later
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I just put a hardtop on mine and I'm really digging it. I know you said it's out of your price range, but if the mechanics in your pin are sound it would be well worth the investment and one you wouldn't regret.[quoted image]

I printed a decal for the playfield and it looks pretty good. However, since real life is currently preventing me from working on the electronics I can't say how well it will hold up when the machine is in use. I will report back when everything is up and running, however, this may take untile december

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogger1108:

I printed a decal for the playfield and it looks pretty good. However, since real life is currently preventing me from working on the electronics I can't say how well it will hold up when the machine is in use. I will report back when everything is up and running, however, this may take untile december

I’d be interested in seeing your decal!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-restoration?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.