Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by mrm_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3503_01.JPG
playfield (resized).jpg

#1 6 days ago

Hi,
I just bought a Mata Hari and the playfield is in very bad condition. I'm optimistic I can get all the dust and dirt off (glass cover is missing) but I won't be able to repaint the missing central section. I thought about applying a water decal for the central area with the dagger and clear coating it afterwards. The problem is that I can't seem to find a good scan/picture of the playfield to use as a template for the decal. The backglass also is in very poor condition, a lot of paint has already flacked off.

I would be very thankful if somebody could send me an image of the playfield and of the backglass. I'd try to create decals for the playfield and maybe a translite for the backglass.

playfield (resized).jpg
#3 6 days ago

Will this work?

IMG_3503_01.JPG
#4 5 days ago

The hardtops are unfortunately not an option for me. I'm not living in the US and my budget is not very high, the hardtop would cost more than the entire machine.

#5 5 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Will this work?
[quoted image]

Please tell me that's photoshoped! I hope nobody did this to a real playfield.

#6 5 days ago

check with pinball-dreams he offered to send me the key lines during my restoration. At the time I was too new and had no idea that using waterslide decals would work, I really wish I could go back in time and use this method instead of painting my field by hand.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-i-ruin-my-playfield-by-accidentally-sanded-down-to-the-next-ply#post-4190881

#7 3 days ago

Thanks for the Tip. Henrik sent me a playfield scan, now I can start cleaning

#8 3 days ago
Quoted from Frogger1108:

Thanks for the Tip. Henrik sent me a playfield scan, now I can start cleaning

please post progress on this as you go along!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside