IMG_1657 (resized).JPG
IMG_1655 (resized).JPG
IMG_1656 (resized).JPG
IMG_1654 (resized).JPG
IMG_1634 (resized).JPG
IMG_1623 (resized).JPG
IMG_1622 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Not exactly a tech question so I apologize if this should be somewhere else. On my Mata Hari machine I've noticed that some of the plastics are getting scratched from underneath. It's happening where the top plastic has no screw hole in it, but the post below it has a screw head that's scratching it. That screw is of course holding the post in place. Notice how the word Targets is scratched in the 2nd picture. I have 6 or 7 different spots where I've noticed this happening. In other areas shorter posts were used so the the screw head doesn't touch. Is there supposed to be shorter posts under all the plastics where there is no screw hole in the plastic? Or is there some sort of protector that I'm missing. There's a plastic washer on the right in the 1st picture but that's not going to help on the left post. Thanks.

IMG_1622 (resized).JPGIMG_1622 (resized).JPG
IMG_1623 (resized).JPGIMG_1623 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Yes, posts under solid plastic should be shorter. The 'upper neck', or tapered smooth top section should be about half as tall as the tall posts that have the threaded stud for a nut.

http://www.pbresource.com/posts.html

Click on, or scroll down to "Finned Posts" note the difference in height from C951-1 (red - short) and C952-2 (blue - tall).

#3 6 years ago

Thanks cody_chunn. I'm going to order a bunch before my plastics get scratched up any more.

#4 6 years ago

Same thing is happening under the arch plastics where there's these white spacers. Spool spacers I think they're called. Plastics getting all scratched up. Is there any way to protect the plastics in this area? I can't find any shorter ones.

IMG_1634 (resized).JPGIMG_1634 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Maybe a small piece of mylar stuck to the bottom of the plastic?

#6 6 years ago

That should work thanks for the idea.

#7 6 years ago

You might also try the plastic protector washers on the studded posts, under the plastic to lift it up. That might get you clearance without having to use adhesive on an inked surface.

Or experiment with a small piece of sticky-back felt or similar and stick it to the screw head. Maybe save the mylar as a last resort. Don't wanna stick stuff to an inked surface unless you have to. Try some different things and let us know what worked best. Maybe try a "removable" product?

I would caution you, though, if you stick something to the bottom of the plastic don't try to remove it, you may pull ink when you do...so be sure about that type of product. Also maybe wax the underside of the plastic before sticking anything to it so it can be removed easier later if you have to.

#8 6 years ago

Yeah maybe I don't want to put adhesive on the ink. I do have some of the clear washers in other areas but I have to get some more. I could maybe put them under the top arch plastics where the screws go into the wooden frame. That may lift it enough. Or maybe take the posts off and file them down a little. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 week later
#9 6 years ago

I bought these clear static cling vinyl sheets from Amazon. No adhesive. Comes right off it I need to remove it. I just cut little pieces out where I needed to place them. Time will tell if it will stay in place.

IMG_1654 (resized).JPGIMG_1654 (resized).JPG

IMG_1656 (resized).JPGIMG_1656 (resized).JPG

IMG_1655 (resized).JPGIMG_1655 (resized).JPG

IMG_1657 (resized).JPGIMG_1657 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-playfield-posts-sizes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.