(Topic ID: 264725)

Mata Hari Player 1 & Match/Credit Display Stuck

By krustykramer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5D76EB95-A9C4-4293-B810-188DF60E452D (resized).jpeg
    CC5A7FA6-53FE-46E7-8BC5-29F79C2D2597 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0875 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0865 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0872 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billc479.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Nice cabinet. Did you set the Altek board to free play? How does J4 plug look at the Altek board? If the original had battery damage, I’ve seen it crawl into the pins on the J4 connector, so it’s worth looking to see if any of those pins are green.

#7 4 years ago

I’m not sure where to go from here. Have you tried a reset on the Altek board?

You might try resetting all the switches in case one isn’t quite making.

Do you have another machine to try the Altek board in to see if the issue is with the board?

#11 4 years ago

MRM - I don’t know how you saw that. On my phone, I don’t even see any of that. Good catch. Makes me think there may be other connector issues.

#19 4 years ago

If I’m reading the manual correctly, the zero in switch test indicates there are no stock switches. If the ball is not installed, then this is good.

I think your displays are operating properly. The Altek has decided to register 30 credits. If you want to reduce that, two options: A:switch Altek from free play, then start four player games, then switch off, repeat. Once it gets to a number you’re comfortable with, switch back to free play. B: Turn off the credit display option.

Always power down before changing any switches, and yes, the Altek board needs that ground screw.

Concerning using two 10 pin connectors - not a good idea. I am not sure how you could idiot proof it to keep both of them from being plugged in wrong. I would clean the existing twenty pin connector, and if it looks good, use it with new pins.

If you don’t have the manual, go to IPDB and download the manual. Look closely at the connectors in line with the knocker, and remove and look at the pins in the connector. Let us know.

#23 4 years ago

Is the right flipper stuck in the up position when power is off? If so, you have a mechanical issue, otherwise it’s electrical.

I still keep coming back to connector issues is a big part of all these problems. I think MRM would like to see pics of all the boards, especially the SDB, rectifier board, And the connectors on the Altek board, especially J4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billc479.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-player-1-amp-match-credit-display-stuck?tu=billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.